Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NYE 2019 surgery date twin?

4 hours ago, brooksbrittanyanne said:

Hey, I’m feeling well for the most part. I wake up feeling fine, but by like 2 or so I need a nap and some pain medication. What does concern me though is i know i am not getting my Protein or hydration goals, but i just honestly can’t shove ghat much in my mouth throughout the day!

Just made it back home after my discharge. Abs are definitely sore. Just made a smoothie with a Dannon light and fit blueberry, Unsweetened almond milk, a single calcium citrate powder sleeve, whey Protein Isolate and 3 large ice cubes. So good after the same chicken broth, lime Jell-O, and tea for the last 2 days.

4 hours ago, brooksbrittanyanne said:

It would be a lot easier though if everyone else in my house didn’t snore like they were giants! Trying to sleep is rough. This morning at 2 am i woke up to my boyfriend snoring so loud that even the tv on 30 couldn’t drown it out. An hour later the four and nine year old snuck into the bed, both snoring, and at some point our snoring chihuahua also snuck into the bed. At what point in the relationship is it too early to start sleeping in different beds?! Lol

As soon as your thinking divorce then it's ok to sleep in separate room. Just kidding.

56 minutes ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Greek yogurt never tasted so good when liquid is your food option, I'm sure. So yummy 😊 or do you want me to hush already,lol. I'm glad you are posting updates, worried about Steve. Hydrate and rest , try to walk in the house if you can today and check back in when you are feeling up to it.

I have been home for around 30 minutes now, made a smoothie and I'm currently chilling in my ohhhhhhhh so comfortable recliner. The hospital didn't want to release me due to not being able to keep my blood pressure in check. Finally their pharmacist over ride them after finding out that I have meds for blood pressure at home. I've already taken on those pills. The swelling is minimal.

1 minute ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

I have been home for around 30 minutes now, made a smoothie and I'm currently chilling in my ohhhhhhhh so comfortable recliner. The hospital didn't want to release me due to not being able to keep my blood pressure in check. Finally their pharmacist over ride them after finding out that I have meds for blood pressure at home. I've already taken on those pills. The swelling is minimal.

IMG_20200102_124547.jpg

Glad you're doing better Steve! I started the night in my own bed which was fabulous until I had to get up and use the bathroom then it was a nightmare. I think I'm going to stick with the recliner for 1 or 2 days before I attempt again. Otherwise I seem to be doing okay.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey everyone, I was starting to get worried. Steve glad you are doing better, Cutebutcrazy, do what feels better for your body. Should I rent a recliner for a week, though? Please advise.

17 minutes ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Hey everyone, I was starting to get worried. Steve glad you are doing better, Cutebutcrazy, do what feels better for your body. Should I rent a recliner for a week, though? Please advise.

I would very highly recommend a very comfortable recliner. See if you can get a family member or friend to let you borrow one. I would think renting a recliner would be my last way to get one myself. But if it's your only option than yes rent it. Your abs are going to be super sore for up to 3 weeks is what my surgeon told me today. If you try to roll into either side will piss your abs off even more. Everyone else who has had surgery can most likely tell you the same thing.

IMG_20200102_124547.dng

My bed probably would have been fine if I had a headboard or something else to hold on to getting out of bed. It also would have been easier if my bed faced a direction so that so much pressure wasn't on the the sore side trying to get up. So while a recliner is more comfy for me I don't know if I would have went out to get one if I didn't already have one. Maybe take a look at your bed setup.

How is everyone doing today? I feel like the bloating is starting to go down which is making me much more comfortable. Other than that, just trying to sip sip sip all day.

It sounds like everyone is doing great. I'm pretty bummed that I'm still using the pain medication when it sounds like everyone was able to stop already. I've had surgeries in the past and always been off quick but plain tylenol doesn't do anything. I'm really missing ibuprofen :( On the positive I've been hitting my Protein and liquid goals, and I pooped :)

1 hour ago, loridee11 said:

How is everyone doing today? I feel like the bloating is starting to go down which is making me much more comfortable. Other than that, just trying to sip sip sip all day.

Glad you are feeling somewhat better. I haven't had much luck on getting in more than 64oz Water in a 24hr period. I've only gotten in around 30 grams of Protein a day. farting pretty much constantly. Still haven't taken a bowel movement since the morning of 12/31/19. Don't think I'm constipated, just don't think anything is there to eliminate. All Protein Drinks are gross to me right now, even unflavored. So I drove to Walmart and bought a few cans of broccoli and cheese Soup and a few cans of cooked shrimp. I put the can of soup, can of shrimp drained, 1 scoop of whey protein Isolate unflavored powder, and 1.5 cans of unsweetened almond milk in the blender. Turned it on the smoothie setting. It came out super creamy. Poured 6--2oz sealable bowls and put away 5 in the fridge. Heated the other in the microwave for a minute. Taste great, didn't even notice the shrimp in the soup. The soup was completely smooth with nothing to strain out. I'm going to get in 2oz in every 2hrs till 10pm that should give me 52 grams of protein today. The most so far.

Edited by Slimming Down Steve

37 minutes ago, cutebutcrzy said:

It sounds like everyone is doing great. I'm pretty bummed that I'm still using the pain medication when it sounds like everyone was able to stop already. I've had surgeries in the past and always been off quick but plain tylenol doesn't do anything. I'm really missing ibuprofen :( On the positive I've been hitting my Protein and liquid goals, and I pooped :)

If it makes you feel any better I have been using the liquid hydrocodone/Tylenol mix at night right before bed. Helps me not feel when I shift my body and would otherwise wake up. Still feels like a fire at times under my left front bottom rib. Seems worse at night.

Glad you are feeling somewhat better. I haven't had much luck on getting in more than 64oz Water in a 24hr period. I've only gotten in around 30 grams of Protein a day. farting pretty much constantly. Still haven't taken a bowel movement since the morning of 12/31/19. Don't think I'm constipated, just don't think anything is there to eliminate. All protein drinks are gross to me right now, even unflavored. So I drove to Walmart and bought a few cans of broccoli and cheese Soup and a few cans of cooked shrimp. I put the can of soup, can of shrimp drained, 1 scoop of whey protein Isolate unflavored powder, and 1.5 cans of unsweetened almond milk in the blender. Turned it on the smoothie setting. It came out super creamy. Poured 6--2oz sealable bowls and put away 5 in the fridge. Heated the other in the microwave for a minute. Taste great, didn't even notice the shrimp in the soup. The soup was completely smooth with nothing to strain out. I'm going to get in 2oz in every 2hrs till 10pm that should give me 52 grams of protein today. The most so far.
Have you tried GENEPRO? It's unflavored and doesn't change the texture of the food. I literally have been putting it in everything but my water. Herbal tea, pudding, soup, yogurt, etc. I have really big issues with food textures and it's been great. I agree that I can't handle the taste of any of the other protein drinks. They make me want to gag.

13 minutes ago, cutebutcrzy said:

Have you tried GENEPRO? It's unflavored and doesn't change the texture of the food. I literally have been putting it in everything but my Water. Herbal tea, pudding, Soup, yogurt, etc. I have really big issues with food textures and it's been great. I agree that I can't handle the taste of any of the other Protein drinks. They make me want to gag.

I do have GENEPRO just been slowly adding it to my coffee while stirring constantly, otherwise it cakes up.

Edited by Slimming Down Steve