Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NYE 2019 surgery date twin?

Happy New Year to us!
Im going in for band revision/gastric bypass tomorrow morning too .
In La Jolla, CA

*feeling pretty damn nervous.lol

Prayers, hugs, well wishes and I'm putting success in the universe that you are all going to do amazing tomorrow. Don't be anxious, they will give you meds to quell your nerves and take your anxiety away. Think of it as a nice little nap 😴😴😴, lol. I'm trying to make you all laugh. I don't know if it's working or not.

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies

I see your still up also. I can't sleep. 4:30 CST is coming up soon, shower, brush my teeth, mouthwash, start a fire in the wood stove, set the thermostat to 65, make my wife some coffee, and then wake sleeping beauty up and put the coffee cup in her hand. Get dressed, and head out. Surgery time of 7:30. Get sliced and diced and hopefully back home by Wednesday or Thursday. I hope your surgery goes well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

sleeping beauty, lol. Sliced and diced, lmaooooo. I'm exactly a month away, but my nerves are crazy, because 4 weeks goes by quickly. I'm very encouraging to others, internally I'm a little afraid of the unknown and not being properly prepared. Which is why I'm distracting myself with checking on all of you every 5 seconds like a nervous hen, lol.

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies

Try to make sure to have your basics in liquids or chews (no gummies); calcium citrate, a good recommend Multivitamin with Iron like BariatricPals ( taste better), B12 1000mcg or 5000mcg fast dissolve sublingual, I also am going to be taking extra Vitamin C for the first 2 months while healing as my immune system may get be weakened from the surgery. I would recommend you put back some money for possibly a different whey Protein Isolate source due to your taste may change after surgery. Me personally just got a fresh tasting unflavored whey protein Isolate so I can make it taste the way I want it to. I will recommend Now Sports nutrition whey protein Isolate unflavored. Been using some from a 5lb container that has 81 servings in it for 2 weeks now. Ordered another one this time a 10lb bag that arrived today. If I missed anything or misspoke per say then other fine folks on here will help you. Good luck. My rny bypass is in about 6 hrs and 20 mins now. Tick tock, tick tock, tock........

20 minutes ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Try to make sure to have your basics in liquids or chews (no gummies); calcium citrate, a good recommend Multivitamin with Iron like BariatricPals ( taste better), B12 1000mcg or 5000mcg fast dissolve sublingual, I also am going to be taking extra Vitamin C for the first 2 months while healing as my immune system may get be weakened from the surgery. I would recommend you put back some money for possibly a different whey Protein Isolate source due to your taste may change after surgery. Me personally just got a fresh tasting unflavored whey Protein Isolate so I can make it taste the way I want it to. I will recommend Now Sports nutrition whey protein Isolate unflavored. Been using some from a 5lb container that has 81 servings in it for 2 weeks now. Ordered another one this time a 10lb bag that arrived today. If I missed anything or misspoke per say then other fine folks on here will help you. Good luck. My rny bypass is in about 6 hrs and 20 mins now. Tick tock, tick tock, tock........

How are your nerves, I see you aren't sleeping with the beauty.

Thank you for the information as well, very appreciated for the Protein information. I have plenty of bariatric Vitamins, I went to a Obesity conference and was given so many freebies. I also had purchased a two month supply to get started.

4 minutes ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

How are your nerves, I see you aren't sleeping with the beauty.

No, I'm not sleeping with the snoring beauty and her even louder snoring little piglet of a dog! I came out to the living room that is around 35 ft from the bed and still here both of them. I think the piglet has sleep apnea and needs a CPAP. Otherwise it's a very common theme around here. I'm going to turn on the radio and listen to some 70s music excluding disco ( sorry fans) and hopefully fall asleep watching the flames dance in the wood stove. Thank you for the concern. P.S. with how the beauty is rip roaring back there I would think the music can get pretty loud with no problems. Fleetwood Mac Rianna playing right now. NICE!

Just now, Slimming Down Steve said:

No, I'm not sleeping with the snoring beauty and her even louder snoring little piglet of a dog! I came out to the living room that is around 35 ft from the bed and still here both of them. I think the piglet has sleep apnea and needs a CPAP. Otherwise it's a very common theme around here. I'm going to turn on the radio and listen to some 70s music excluding disco ( sorry fans) and hopefully fall asleep watching the flames dance in the wood stove. Thank you for the concern. P.S. with how the beauty is rip roaring back there I would think the music can get pretty loud with no problems. Fleetwood Mac Rianna playing right now. NICE!

Okay, I'm lmaooooo literally at piglet needing a cpap. Check in with us when you feel up to it after surgery and you will be the sleeping King thanks to your meds!!! Enjoy your 70's grooves.

I actually slept last night which was a nice surprise, but I'm up and have 2 hours to kill before I need to leave for the hospital and the nerves are really settled in nicely. I can actually feel my heart beating faster than normal.

1 minute ago, cutebutcrzy said:

I was doing okay until I got to the hospital. Now I've been sitting in pre-OP for 2 hours getting more nervous. By tonight we'll be on the road to a new us!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Agreed. Good luck today and as you heal. I look forward to hearing how you are doing!

Lori

Surgery done and in my room. Overall doing ok. Sipping Water already.