Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

to implant or not to implant

On 5/24/2020 at 10:02 PM, Darktowerdream said:

@mousecat88 I’m curious of any updates on your decision of augmentation. You mentioned surgery in 2020 have you had it or scheduled it? I’ve had my hesitation but ended up including plans for augmentation. Which it is weird after having breast reduction so many years ago to then have augmentation. But I never expected to be able to lose weight let alone reach this weight loss goal. There are probably details to decide when I meet the surgeon beyond the fact that it will be silicone implants. How do people decide these things. For me it’s not about looks but the fact that bras just don’t fit and they are just empty at the top and uncomfortable. I guess it feels like reconstruction of a normal person.

not that I will ever be a normal person.

I have my consult on June 19th for implants, a butt lift, and thigh lift. I am definitely getting implants. My boobs are completely deflated and I could roll them up like fruit rollups. It's just totally skin with zero fat in it.

19 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

I have my consult on June 19th for implants, a butt lift, and thigh lift. I am definitely getting implants. My boobs are completely deflated and I could roll them up like fruit rollups. It's just totally skin with zero fat in it.

Would love to hear what you think after your consult! I was a 34D in my 20s, then went up to a 42H as I piled the weight on, had kids, etc. My boobs have deflated, but are still way too big. I'd really like a breast reduction, but then have an implant put in for some upper area fullness. Would love to be a 34D again if possible after I lose all this weight!

1 hour ago, mousecat88 said:

@mousecat88 thank you for letting me know. I am in quite the same boat it’s just mostly empty skin now and although it’s a hard decision to make I can’t see going through with the rest without it. You can only deceive yourself so much. I also find trying to wear anything that resembles a normal bra painful and hope that augmentation will help to just feel normal. The hard part is and will be finding bras in my correct band size which is 28. The bra band is where most of the bra support comes from. And should be your underbust measurement exactly. Although I measure 26” which is nuts. Even at the heaviest my ribs measured fairly small.

all the best to you on the next step of your journey

Edited by Darktowerdream

Years ago after losing a lot of weight I had a breast lift. I went from tennis balls in socks to perky, small breasts. (DDD/E to B). He did a keyhole surgery. However, even after the lift I still had excess skin at the TOP of my breasts that felt like pleats. SO --- I had a second surgery to have implants put in. I asked for just enough to fill in the extra skin and ended up back at a DD.

After regaining and losing the weight, I'm wishing I hadn't done the implants and when I go in for surgery I'll be having them removed. I've decided I just don't want the implant. I may ask about the fat graft depending on the size I'll be after the implant is removed.

1 hour ago, loridee11 said:

Years ago after losing a lot of weight I had a breast lift. I went from tennis balls in socks to perky, small breasts. (DDD/E to B). He did a keyhole surgery. However, even after the lift I still had excess skin at the TOP of my breasts that felt like pleats. SO --- I had a second surgery to have implants put in. I asked for just enough to fill in the extra skin and ended up back at a DD.

After regaining and losing the weight, I'm wishing I hadn't done the implants and when I go in for surgery I'll be having them removed. I've decided I just don't want the implant. I may ask about the fat graft depending on the size I'll be after the implant is removed.

Keep in mind that you actually need some fat to get a fat graft. And you won’t want to lose much more weight after it, lest you lose the fat that was grafted too.

I was once considering a BBL but was told I was not a good candidate as I had too little body fat. Good thing I didn’t as I lost a further 12 lbs after that consult.

33 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Keep in mind that you actually need some fat to get a fat graft. And you won’t want to lose much more weight after it, lest you lose the fat that was grafted too.

I was once considering a BBL but was told I was not a good candidate as I had too little body fat. Good thing I didn’t as I lost a further 12 lbs after that consult.

Thanks. I think I'll be OK at my target weight --- it's lower than I've been in my adult life but still at the upper end of a normal BMI so I should still have some fat ... If not, I'll just have to be happy with the smaller breasts :)

I had a Breast lift in 2017. I originally had paid for implants also because I wanted to the full round perky look. When the surgeon looked at my breast he said I didn’t need them, and actually refused to put them in. He said I had enough tissue and it would be too painful of a recovery to add them. I listened and just did the lift.
For the first year I was okay with them because they are perkier and full but as time goes on they seem to not be as round and perky as I would like. I wish now that the implants were put in.
Also add on that I’m about to get WLS and I’m afraid they will just be flat once I lose the weight.
The only plus is that since the lift is done maybe they just have to make a smaller incision and put the implants in if I do decide to do it in the future.
I would do the Gummy bear implants.

I have had saline implants for 21 years. I have not experienced any complications. When I was at my lowest weight of 115 pounds (I'm 5'7) I did have some rippling.

It's my understanding that implant failure can occur due to trauma but mostly likely is the result of filling port failure (leaking). My surgeon said that they have an "expiration date" in order to protect the manufacturers.