Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do others weigh themselves?

When I first had my RNY I only weighed when I went to my doctors office, which is what my team ask of all there post op patients until they have seen the doctor for there first follow up. Then after they encourage there post ops to only weight 1x a week on the same day and around the same time.

I have adapted the 1x a week weigh in for myself. I don’t have any stress over seeing that number on my scale anymore. If I don’t lose and maintain I can deal with that. I have not had any gains in my 10 months post op.

Some people weigh every day, others once a week, once a month, etc.
It all depends if you can handle seeing the inevitable fluctuations (it is a cause of stress and anxiety for some if the scale doesn't move, or if it goes up...)
Weigh as often as you can and still stay sane [emoji6]
P.S. I'm of the weigh-every-day-at-the-same-time camp.
This is me. I will add though.... if I get on and dont like what I see, I get back off fast enough that it doesn't record in my app. I only record the days I maintain or drop. Stupid perhaps, but it makes me feel better when I look at the trends. And it keeps me from stressing about the up days. But I do weigh daily so I can make dietary adjustments if I feel I need them. For example, if I cheated and am up.... I will do a better job of ensuring I follow the plan that day so hopefully the up doesn't stick for more than a day or two. Not that I cheat much... but sometimes I will have at least a taste of something I am craving but shouldn't eat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

21 minutes ago, momof3_angels said:

This is me. I will add though.... if I get on and dont like what I see, I get back off fast enough that it doesn't record in my app. I only record the days I maintain or drop. Stupid perhaps, but it makes me feel better when I look at the trends. And it keeps me from stressing about the up days. But I do weigh daily so I can make dietary adjustments if I feel I need them. For example, if I cheated and am up.... I will do a better job of ensuring I follow the plan that day so hopefully the up doesn't stick for more than a day or two. Not that I cheat much... but sometimes I will have at least a taste of something I am craving but shouldn't eat.

Do you also track what you eat?

I find recording my daily weight (regardless if it's higher or lower than the previous recording) is useful to cross-reference with what I ate, how much Water I drank, how much I exercised, time-of-month or whatever if i feel the need to de-mystify weight changes and/or recognize trends.

...but that's just the anal nerd in me. I know this is not for everyone. LOL.

I am terrible about tracking. I do it for a couple days then get sick of it lol. But I will track when I am struggling to see where I am at with my eating.

I weigh myself every time I go to my nutritionist so about once a month but the first month I had the doctors weighing me every week because I was losing more then 10 pounds a week and she wanted to see if it would slow down which it has, to about 6 pounds a week but to keep me mentally here without the whole depression because of some Water weight in the morning or Constipation. Honestly once a month is fine gives you the whole surprise of “i lost 15-20 pounds that’s great!” Feeling

I make myself face the scale everyday to keep myself accountable. I may not log every weight in MFP, but I know what the number is. I also don’t count it as a true gain unless it’s there for 3 days and I don’t beat myself up for gains the week before my period.

It’s not for everyone but it helps me. Part of the reason I was able to gain so much weight in the first place was because I was in denial about the number on the scale.< /p>

Also I’m over a year post op, so it’s important for me to be more diligent in preventing regain.

I weigh myself right now about once a week.. my doc office lets me just come weigh! I’m at day 158 post op!

I was weighing every day and that was driving me crazy. Most people on this board lose 10 lbs a week. I just got my surgery and only lost 30 since surgery and 50 total. I feel behind everyone so I weigh only every week. I only lose 2 lbs a week but hey at least i'm losing.

Every morning , Wake Void Weigh : )

I weigh myself once a week because for me it seems to be more reliable than weighing daily. I would drive myself crazy weighing daily and watching the fluctuations.

I do every morning, but each person is different

I will eventually get to the point where I weigh only once a week. Since I'm only one month out from my RNY I've been weighing every three days. Always first thing in the morning, and always buck nekkid.

Every morning. Keeps me honest. I graph my weight every week, so even with daily fluctuations, I can see the trends.

13 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

I will eventually get to the point where I weigh only once a week. Since I'm only one month out from my RNY I've been weighing every three days. Always first thing in the morning, and always buck nekkid.

I weigh in nekkid every morning because i titrate blood pressure/ Heart failure meds bases on small weight fluctuations 1.5 to 3 lbs. I have gone from a daily dose to once every 7-10 days. :)

Edited by Billy Bob