Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ditto to everything you said! Please let us know how it goes and how you're feeling. This is so exciting cause it's finally our month!!!!

1 hour ago, divag822 said:

Congratulations to all the February survives that are scheduled. I pray all are feeling well and there are no obstacles in us being able to reach all of our weight loss goals. Good luck to everybody. Surgery in the morning. Super excited to begin my new journey.

I'm on for tomorrow, too! Good luck, healing happy thoughts sent your way.

Awesome!!!! Yeah!!! In a prev post correction. Not survives but surgeries. My autocorrect on my device is terrible. So sorry for the error!

2 hours ago, divag822 said:

Congratulations to all the February survives that are scheduled. I pray all are feeling well and there are no obstacles in us being able to reach all of our weight loss goals. Good luck to everybody. Surgery in the morning. Super excited to begin my new journey.

Wishing you all the best!

Vsg scheduled feb 5th! This preop diet sucks but I'm excited to finally have this done!

My surgery got postponed!!!! I am so disappointed; I won't know until tomorrow if it will be next Monday (fingers crossed). My surgeon called at 8 am and said that going forward with me this congested would make recovery miserable, and that the anesthesiologist would probably not clear it anyway. So good luck everyone who is going this week! I hope to join you next week....😒

2 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

My surgery got postponed!!!! I am so disappointed; I won't know until tomorrow if it will be next Monday (fingers crossed). My surgeon called at 8 am and said that going forward with me this congested would make recovery miserable, and that the anesthesiologist would probably not clear it anyway. So good luck everyone who is going this week! I hope to join you next week....😒

Oh I’m so sorry! I know it’s easier to say on this end of the situation but you know it’s probably for the best. I hope they can get you in next week! Let us know.

Confirmed for Monday the 10th; Assuming I am over this flu. Even though I was so disappointed when they cancelled yesterday, I now realize it was really for the best. By noon my temperature had spiked to 101.8! I had not been able to take any decongestants because of the surgery, so I got some Thera-flu in me, which contains Tylenol, and then 3 hours later took Ibuprofen; I did that all day and so far no fever today. The body aches and headache have been killer. I can't imagine trying to recover from surgery in this state. Odd because I really don't get sick very often, but this was the year I missed my flu shot!

Yesterday the surgeon told me to get some calories in, and try to get back on the pre op diet today. I had lost about 9 pounds in the 2 weeks. I had some chicken Soup from a wonderful restaurant near us (thanks to my husband for getting it) and I had a burger with an1/3 of an oz of cheese for dinner. I also ate an apple with some Peanut Butter. Those Protein Shakes just don't cut it when you are congested! I am back at it today; I am filling the glass with tons of ice and letting it get pretty watered down. Having some chicken Bone Broth for lunch, followed by a Protein Bar.

Looking forward to hearing updates from this week's folks! I really was discouraged yesterday, entertained thoughts of just not doing this, and eating a big bowl of macaroni and cheese. The flu unleashed the crazy person who lives in my head.

I'm sure you were so disappointed but as hard as it was you know it was for the best! I call today to see what time I check in tomorrow and I have ALL sorts of stuff running through my head on possibilities of being cancelled LOL I think its just my nerves talking to me!

I hope not to much after this time tomorrow I will be done and on my way to a whole new life!

Hope you are feeling better!!

1 hour ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

Confirmed for Monday the 10th; Assuming I am over this flu. Even though I was so disappointed when they cancelled yesterday, I now realize it was really for the best. By noon my temperature had spiked to 101.8! I had not been able to take any decongestants because of the surgery, so I got some Thera-flu in me, which contains Tylenol, and then 3 hours later took Ibuprofen; I did that all day and so far no fever today. The body aches and headache have been killer. I can't imagine trying to recover from surgery in this state. Odd because I really don't get sick very often, but this was the year I missed my flu shot!

Yesterday the surgeon told me to get some calories in, and try to get back on the pre op diet today. I had lost about 9 pounds in the 2 weeks. I had some chicken Soup from a wonderful restaurant near us (thanks to my husband for getting it) and I had a burger with an1/3 of an oz of cheese for dinner. I also ate an apple with some Peanut Butter. Those Protein Shakes just don't cut it when you are congested! I am back at it today; I am filling the glass with tons of ice and letting it get pretty watered down. Having some chicken Bone Broth for lunch, followed by a Protein Bar.

Looking forward to hearing updates from this week's folks! I really was discouraged yesterday, entertained thoughts of just not doing this, and eating a big bowl of macaroni and cheese. The flu unleashed the crazy person who lives in my head.

I’m so glad you got on the schedule for Monday! But I feel so bad for you. I had the flu 3 weeks ago and it was awful but I can only imagine having it while on pre-op. actually an extended pre-op!!! I hope you get to feeling better really soon!

On 1/28/2020 at 10:12 PM, niffer said:

Good luck, keep us posted!!!

So I had my pre-op appointment earlier todat. My surgeon said the week before to eat low carb and the day before surgery i'll be doing liquids. Not bad at all in my opinion! He also prescribed a drug for nerve pain that I have to take the day before to minimize pain post-op.

I’m sorry to hear that your surgery was moved. But you will be happier with recovery. The 10th is just around the corner! For me the 14th is almost here too. I just wish it was sooner. Lol

On 02/04/2020 at 14:12, doublepau said:

So I had my pre-op appointment earlier todat. My surgeon said the week before to eat low carb and the day before surgery i'll be doing liquids. Not bad at all in my opinion! He also prescribed a drug for nerve pain that I have to take the day before to minimize pain post-op.

Yay!! So exciting!! Luckily you only have 1 day prior to surgery, I have 2 days... oh well I know it will help. The nerve pain medication is this a standard for your surgeon? Or have you been having some pain?