Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 minutes ago, niffer said:

I had gallbladder removed during vsg myself. The first day and night was AWFUL (pain and gas and nausea --> morphine, gas drops and zofran) but then it got better. I'm 7 days out and can tolerate all the Water, Protein Shakes, Soup, sf popsicles and Jello that I need now. I'm still tired and sore but every day is an improvement. Hang in there.

That makes me feel better. I’m miserable and wondering what I did to myself. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, MorganF said:

That makes me feel better. I’m miserable and wondering what I did to myself. Thank you!

I hope you start to feel better!

So it day 2. They started me on drinking Water. Drank a 12oz bottle in about 2 hours. Starting my second bottle

@MorganF I hope you start feeling better soon. I didn’t have my gallbladder removed but I had an unexpected hernia repair and I was in a lot of pain as well. I had to stay dosed up on the pain meds for a couple days which I guess can make you nauseous so they also kept the zofran going. But it got better after a couple of days. I know it’s easier to say but it will get better with time.

@Xx1jpt5xx wow you’re doing good!!

Just left my post-op appointment & I’m 13 pounds down!! Woohoo

Also on to pureeee. Which I’m very excited about!! The liquids were getting very boring

Okay today is day 8 of post op. It's getting easier everyday But still sore. And definitely a challenge to get the Protein and fluids throughout the day.But I really felt positive the last couple of days.Energy is returning and I'm getting back into the household routine.A couple of non scale victories already.On day 5 post op I was able to get off of 2 of my blood pressure medications.And yesterday I took a walk and it's longer than I have walked in probably about a year.This and the fact that I'm feeling pretty good really affirms that I made the right decision. Hope everybody else who had the February surgery so far is doing or will do as well as I am right now .

31 minutes ago, DB in AZ said:

Okay today is day 8 of post op. It's getting easier everyday But still sore. And definitely a challenge to get the Protein and fluids throughout the day.But I really felt positive the last couple of days.Energy is returning and I'm getting back into the household routine.A couple of non scale victories already.On day 5 post op I was able to get off of 2 of my blood pressure medications.And yesterday I took a walk and it's longer than I have walked in probably about a year.This and the fact that I'm feeling pretty good really affirms that I made the right decision. Hope everybody else who had the February surgery so far is doing or will do as well as I am right now .

I'm so happy for you! Truly amazing to come off the meds so quickly and increase your mobility!

On 02/27/2020 at 04:33, MOHOJO19 said:

Surgery this morning and I’m so excited.

Down in the dumps. My surgery got postponed until tomorrow because my Iron is to low. So, it’s blood transfusion time.

@MOHOJO19 I'm really sorry for you. I know it's way easier to say this than to go thru it but I'm sure your doctor is only trying to do what is best for you and before you know it, you will be done!

Saw my surgeon for the first time today since the surgery. I thought getting in fluids would be hard but it wasn't. I asked if he even did the surgery. He laughed.

5 hours ago, MOHOJO19 said:

Down in the dumps. My surgery got postponed until tomorrow because my Iron is to low. So, it’s blood transfusion time.

So sorry to hear this. Hope all is well with your transfusion.

Is anyone else always freezing after the surgery? I used to always be hot..