Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! I just had my surgery February 20th and 3 days post-op and home feeling alllll the pain. Glad to have found this site and following this to see everyone's progress along with my own ❤️

Hey everyone! I just had my surgery February 20th and 3 days post-op and home feeling alllll the pain. Glad to have found this site and following this to see everyone's progress along with my own

Surgery twins! Same boat...just trying to stay hydrated and rest.

42 minutes ago, yashiramariex said:

Hey everyone! I just had my surgery February 20th and 3 days post-op and home feeling alllll the pain. Glad to have found this site and following this to see everyone's progress along with my own ❤️

Congratulations! It does get better. I am 2 weeks out and I really feel pretty good, although I still get tired rather unexpectedly! And as @niffer said, rest and hydrate. If you have gas pain, try to walk. Happy to see you on here, folks are really, really nice and it is great to hear about everyone's journey.

1 hour ago, niffer said:

Surgery twins! Same boat...just trying to stay hydrated and rest.

Hello surgery twin!! Hope you are recovery well ❤️ Hydration is my biggest concern, I have timers set so I dont forget! lol

44 minutes ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

Congratulations! It does get better. I am 2 weeks out and I really feel pretty good, although I still get tired rather unexpectedly! And as @niffer said, rest and hydrate. If you have gas pain, try to walk. Happy to see you on here, folks are really, really nice and it is great to hear about everyone's journey.

Thanks!!! Taking it day by day, 2 weeks will come in no time right? LOL. Gas pain sucks but I have tried my best to walk. The biggest thing for me is getting out of bed when I wake up, it's kind of painful. But I'm glad to be here. :) I don't have much of a support system, except my kid. So glad to have a place I can research and figure out where I should be in my progress :D

I go in tomorrow at 8am. Wish me luck/pray for me! I'm super stoked, and of course nervous. Probably wont be able to sleep tonight! 😬

So kinda funny story. On my surgery day, I had to be there at 8:00 and surgery was scheduled at 10:00. They had me in a room in gown, IV placed, vital signs taken, questions asked and ready to go by 8:45. A little after my surgeon came in a "little early" for any last minute questions and after her, anesthesiologist came in with consent forms. So now it's 9:30 and I had 30 more minutes until "action". The longer I laid there, the more nervous I got. They didn't end up getting me until 10:30 so now I'm a nervous wreck. They take me to the OR room and had me scoot over to the operating table. The nurse (I think) had told me they would be starting meds in about 5 minutes but would be getting prepped and blah blah. I had a serious bout of nervousness then and I told her I think I'm not going to do this. Can I get up? I'll just walk out. I'm not ready for this! (I was so nervous) I even tried to sit up. I heard her whisper to some guy that was behind my head out of my vision to start the fentanyl "right now" and then she got right in my face and said No!!! You are not walking out of here! You have worked too hard on your pre-op diet and you made a good decision to do this...... And that's all I remember. I woke up later in recovery. I just thought it was a little funny and I'm very thankful for whoever that person was cause I was ready to run out of there!!!!

4 minutes ago, Puffy-no-more said:

So kinda funny story. On my surgery day, I had to be there at 8:00 and surgery was scheduled at 10:00. They had me in a room in gown, IV placed, vital signs taken, questions asked and ready to go by 8:45. A little after my surgeon came in a "little early" for any last minute questions and after her, anesthesiologist came in with consent forms. So now it's 9:30 and I had 30 more minutes until "action". The longer I laid there, the more nervous I got. They didn't end up getting me until 10:30 so now I'm a nervous wreck. They take me to the OR room and had me scoot over to the operating table. The nurse (I think) had told me they would be starting meds in about 5 minutes but would be getting prepped and blah blah. I had a serious bout of nervousness then and I told her I think I'm not going to do this. Can I get up? I'll just walk out. I'm not ready for this! (I was so nervous) I even tried to sit up. I heard her whisper to some guy that was behind my head out of my vision to start the fentanyl "right now" and then she got right in my face and said No!!! You are not walking out of here! You have worked too hard on your pre-op diet and you made a good decision to do this...... And that's all I remember. I woke up later in recovery. I just thought it was a little funny and I'm very thankful for whoever that person was cause I was ready to run out of there!!!!

Oh Gosh! Sounds like something that I would do, too! LOL I am thinking I might ask for some sedatives. I have had surgery before, but I swear - I have never been this nervous! I know I will do fine and it's all in my head, but of course I always go to the worst-case scenario. I will be brave though! I have definitely come too far to turn around now! Your nurse was right!

1 hour ago, Puffy-no-more said:

Oh my gosh!!! This is a story for the books 😂😂😂 I actually LoLd

I’m curious. How many ounces of fluids were you guys able to get down the first few days post op? Today so far I have 9oz. I’m worried I won’t be getting enough. Also what were you able to tolerate?

1 hour ago, Puffy-no-more said:

That is hilarious!!! Did you really say you were about to walk out??? HAHAHAHA! Wow. I guess they were like, we aren't losing this money! HA!

Edited by Mello1

1 hour ago, doublepau said:

I’m curious. How many ounces of fluids were you guys able to get down the first few days post op? Today so far I have 9oz. I’m worried I won’t be getting enough. Also what were you able to tolerate?

First day I was only able to take down about 1oz per hr and sometimes not even since I was sleeping most of the time. Thankful for the IV. Its been about 4 days and I force myself to take the 4oz's but I sip it slowly. Its hard to not want to gulp it down but my trick is just time intervals of 15minutes and sip the 1oz through each to make the 4oz's the doctor advised me. I feel like I have no life just waiting on the timer these past few days but its a good motivator.

3 hours ago, TheAngryMeow said:

I go in tomorrow at 8am. Wish me luck/pray for me! I'm super stoked, and of course nervous. Probably wont be able to sleep tonight! 😬

GOOD LUCK!!!!! :D

3 hours ago, Puffy-no-more said:

This story reminds me so much of me, except I didn't say I was going to walk out out-loud, I just screamed it in my head before the anesthesia kicked in! LOL. That whole 2 hrs of wait will really get you anxiously questioning your decisions! I tried my best to keep myself distracted the whole time if I could. But funny to read someone else had a similar story! lol