Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery is in the morning. Is it weird that I’m kinda bummed that I don’t have a surgery twin on the forum? Anyway, I’m so nervous and excited at the same time. I think more excited though. I’m about to drink some broth, take my meds and go to bed. See you all on the other side!

1 hour ago, Likklelime said:

Have you tried the flavored non carbonated Water from hint? It's delicious and has no artificial or natural sweeteners. I'm addicted to seltzer Water and am transitioning to non carbonated using hint. The watermelon is particularly refreshing.

I LOVE hint!!!! I really enjoy the pineapple one. I, too, have been a carbonated water lover and needed to switch to non-carbonated drinks. Hint has been a life saver!

6 minutes ago, ChiefPWife said:

I LOVE hint!!!! I really enjoy the pineapple one. I, too, have been a carbonated Water lover and needed to switch to non-carbonated drinks. Hint has been a life saver!

Oh I'll have to get some. I too have been a huge seltzer drinker.

26 minutes ago, doublepau said:

Surgery is in the morning. Is it weird that I’m kinda bummed that I don’t have a surgery twin on the forum? Anyway, I’m so nervous and excited at the same time. I think more excited though. I’m about to drink some broth, take my meds and go to bed. See you all on the other side!

Good luck! I'm rooting for you. Post when you can!

1 hour ago, doublepau said:

Good luck!

I’m a week behind you so keep me posted. Praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Is anyone having surgery on the 28th? Wondering if I have a surgery twin.

Hi Gang. I'm less than 24 hrs post op vsg and WOW the gas pain is real. I've been walking walking walking and they've kept me on track with pain meds but the gas is still here! They finally gave me gas drops at about 7pm last night and those definitely helped.
Also, most of the day yesterday every sip of Water or protien water made me throw up so I haven't really gotten much down. I'm hoping that today I have more success drinking. I just woke up and can already tell that I feel better than yesterday, thank god. I hope everyone else is hanging in there, it'll all be worth it!!

Hey everyone. I had the RNY this Wednesday. I’ve been pretty much out of it until today for some reason. I’m still in the hospital. My heart has been elevated since sometime last night. Doc came in and was gonna let me go home but then saw the elevated HR so she said it either needs to go down or they will need to make sure there are no leaks. I had a surprise hernia when she got in there. She said it’s something I was born with probably but that it can be life threatening so she took care of that. I have been surprised at the amount of pain I have been in. I had some gas pain In both my shoulders day of surgery but I have really felt anything since. Just really sore in my abdomen.
anyways, I’m doing good as of right now. No problem with getting in liquids.

Hey puffy no more, Glad to hear you had your surgery. But looks like you had a few bumps.I've been home for nearly 24 hours now.Hospital stay wasn't too bad.I didn't really have the gas pain that a lot of people do. Mostly just really sore muscles And the stomach felt raw.I did take the take pain meds that they offered so I could sleep.Since I've been home I've learned that you have to drink very slowly or else your stomach will hurt. Whether it's Water or the Protein Drinks. It will be hard to get The required Protein in the 1st couple of days.I only gained 2 lb from the hospital stay and surgery which surprise me because I feel really swollen.I tried to walk some but mostly taking it easy as it's pretty painful.Hope the rest of your hospital stay goes well and you get home soon so you can start on your journey.

5 hours ago, Puffy-no-more said:

Hey everyone. I had the RNY this Wednesday. I’ve been pretty much out of it until today for some reason. I’m still in the hospital. My heart has been elevated since sometime last night. Doc came in and was gonna let me go home but then saw the elevated HR so she said it either needs to go down or they will need to make sure there are no leaks. I had a surprise hernia when she got in there. She said it’s something I was born with probably but that it can be life threatening so she took care of that. I have been surprised at the amount of pain I have been in. I had some gas pain In both my shoulders day of surgery but I have really felt anything since. Just really sore in my abdomen.
anyways, I’m doing good as of right now. No problem with getting in liquids.

Glad to hear you're mostly pain free! Rest, hydrate, and let the professionals take care of you!

Feb 14. 7 days. Much better than yesterday :) Best of luck and I send speedy wellness and no complications.

Feeling pretty down today. I’m 12 days out, and over the last 3 days I’ve somehow gained 4 pounds. I still weigh more than when I had my surgery. I don’t understand it. I know deep down that it will start coming off, but this really troubles me. I’m still primarily on liquids (including watered down Greek yogurt and soups), getting about 40-50 grams of Protein a day and under 400 cals. It doesn’t make sense to me that I’d be gaining weight.