Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, MorganF said:

Good luck! I am one week out and going in for my final preop clearance appointment today!

The week will go by fast! How is your pre-op diet going?

9 days post op! I start "smooth" foods tomorrow and my Vitamins. My hospital divides the 3rd stage in 2; 3A is egg whites, cottage cheese, ricotta, tofu, refried Beans for Protein, and soft bananas, cream of wheat, canned in own juice peaches or pears, sugar free pudding. I do that for 10 days. Then I add in more foods for 20 days (e.g. whole eggs, soft fish, etc.)

I am strangely kind of nervous! I am afraid once I get to eat real food I'll overeat. I am sure this is nonsensical, but it's funny how the mind works.

I had a stressful work related call today, and found myself, phone in hand, heading toward my kitchen thinking about crackers. It was one of those "AHA" moments. I have a feeling I have many more coming....

On the upside I feel really good! I got 8000 steps in yesterday, and all in all I'm feeling good. I seem to be able to drink my glass of Water more quickly, and it does not feel like a full-time job getting myself hydrated. I have been able to get over 65g of protein; the Bone Broth really, really helps. So we'll see what tomorrow brings.

9 days post op! I start "smooth" foods tomorrow and my Vitamins. My hospital divides the 3rd stage in 2; 3A is egg whites, cottage cheese, ricotta, tofu, refried Beans for Protein, and soft bananas, cream of wheat, canned in own juice peaches or pears, sugar free pudding. I do that for 10 days. Then I add in more foods for 20 days (e.g. whole eggs, soft fish, etc.)

I am strangely kind of nervous! I am afraid once I get to eat real food I'll overeat. I am sure this is nonsensical, but it's funny how the mind works.

I had a stressful work related call today, and found myself, phone in hand, heading toward my kitchen thinking about crackers. It was one of those "AHA" moments. I have a feeling I have many more coming....

On the upside I feel really good! I got 8000 steps in yesterday, and all in all I'm feeling good. I seem to be able to drink my glass of Water more quickly, and it does not feel like a full-time job getting myself hydrated. I have been able to get over 65g of protein; the Bone Broth really, really helps. So we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Awesome!!! Keep up the good work!
I go in tomorrow at 8am and I'm as nervous as can be.

29 minutes ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

So happy for you!

11 hours ago, DB in AZ said:

It's very early on the 19th, my surgery date.My hospital is about 30 plus miles away on the other side of phoenix so we need to leave within about 1⁄2 hour to get there by 7.Didn't sleep well as I'm sure you can imagine But I am feeling positive We're on our way Best of luck to everybody having surgery today and the rest of February.Hope everything goes well for you. Will be checking in over the next couple of days and weeks. So thankful for this forum.

Hope you are doing well! When you are up to it let us know how it went. I am 5 days out today...just remember that however uncomfortable you are feeling it really does get better each day. Thinking of you!

For those that have had the surgery already, have y’all had any spasms? Omg they hurt. Is this the hey you’re full... ?
I’m 5 days post op sleeve.

12 minutes ago, jaymmee said:

For those that have had the surgery already, have y’all had any spasms? Omg they hurt. Is this the hey you’re full sighs?
I’m 5 days post op sleeve.

I’m also 5 days out and get cramps under the breastbone usually a few minutes after sipping something cold. They come and go for about 20 minutes but each time is like a small wave of pain that I guess is like a spasm. I had less today than yesterday so hopefully they’ll stop eventually. I’m still not getting enough fluids and nowhere even close with Protein

On 02/19/2020 at 17:10, CarmaCarmen said:

I’m also 5 days out and get cramps under the breastbone usually a few minutes after sipping something cold. They come and go for about 20 minutes but each time is like a small wave of pain that I guess is like a spasm. I had less today than yesterday so hopefully they’ll stop eventually. I’m still not getting enough fluids and nowhere even close with Protein

Yes that’s about where I’m at too with them. Maybe it’s the cold? I was eating a popsicle.

2 hours ago, niffer said:

Awesome!!! Keep up the good work!
I go in tomorrow at 8am and I'm as nervous as can be.

Good luck! I was nervous too. My surgery was delayed a week because I had the flu so my anxiety was really high. You got this! Can't wait to start reading your reports of post-op life.

2 hours ago, MorganF said:

Lucky! I’ll be on Clear Liquids plus Protein Shakes for four weeks post op! Sounds like you’re rocking it!

It's so odd how different everyone's pre and post op diets are. I have to say the post op Clear Liquids and Protein Shakes was mostly much easier for me than the far less restrictive pre-op; the loss of hunger hormones is real! I also must say chicken Bone Broth has been my new best friend. I hope I don't have so much of it I can't enjoy it after I get through this. I can see using this to up my Protein on a very regular basis. Good luck! Keep us posted!

4 hours ago, jaymmee said:

Yes that’s about where I’m at too with them. Maybe it’s the cold? I was eating a popsicle.

I've been getting really bad cramps too. 3-4 times a day. Still not sure if it's just cramps or if it's gas.