Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I guess this diet just runs it’s course with our digestive system. Lol

Today I was discharged from hospital after getting sleeved yesterday. I felt really good post-op and this morning but after being home on my own, definitely feeling more pain and discomfort. After every sip of Water, my body makes the loudest noises🤭 ! Gurgling and whining and popping is the best I can describe. One side of my face is flushed and warm...not sure what that’s about, lol.

Trying to walk around and get some of the gas up and its helping. I feel so thirsty though and maybe only got two sips of my clear Protein down.

Question: Doctor gave me 10 pain pills but said to try to just take Tylenol unless it’s really bad. I think I’d be ok with Tylenol...should i crush the pills up?

4 minutes ago, CarmaCarmen said:

Today I was discharged from hospital after getting sleeved yesterday. I felt really good post-op and this morning but after being home on my own, definitely feeling more pain and discomfort. After every sip of Water, my body makes the loudest noises🤭 ! Gurgling and whining and popping is the best I can describe. One side of my face is flushed and warm...not sure what that’s about, lol.

Trying to walk around and get some of the gas up and its helping. I feel so thirsty though and maybe only got two sips of my clear Protein down.

Question: Doctor gave me 10 pain pills but said to try to just take Tylenol unless it’s really bad. I think I’d be ok with Tylenol...should i crush the pills up?

I was told to chop the Tylenol pills into pieces, but not crush because it would taste really bad. They gave me a little pill guillotine to do that with.

I had those gurgly feelings, too. And some discomfort, but it was controllable with Tylenol. The nurse told me walking around while sipping on the Water, or even just standing up would help. It did pass for me in a couple of days.

Thanks Lisa! Cutting up Tylenol right now!

Even though my mouth feels dry, my pee looks nice and clear so hopefully I’m not dehydrated.

Hope everyone is doing well!

2 hours ago, Puffy-no-more said:

I guess this diet just runs it’s course with our digestive system. Lol

I went to the bathroom pretty bad today... and I'm having a really hard time with the mind games. I want something sweet SO BAD. But I've started a low carb pre-op diet.

1 hour ago, Puffy-no-more said:

@doublepau can you have sugar free Popsicles? That helped me when I was really struggling.

Im definitely buying some tomorrow!! I stuck it out and drank Water

11 hours ago, doublepau said:

I went to the bathroom pretty bad today... and I'm having a really hard time with the mind games. I want something sweet SO BAD. But I've started a low carb pre-op diet.

I've been freezing about a cup of Protein Shake and having that as "ice cream". The Premier caramel is really, really sweet so I can only tolerate about a cup; I have also frozen Iconic chocolate Truffle, and Premier Bananas and Cream. Also, I've been heating the Chocolate Truffle as hot chocolate, and to get a bit more Protein added 2 oz of the Premier Caramel. It's no Snickers bar, but it is definitely sweet!

I had mine on the 11th

4 minutes ago, Chas74 said:

I had mine on the 11th

How is it going so far? I assume your in the midst of fluids only. So far so good?

It's being going ok. Just still bloated from surgery. I think it's because it's the weekend and I always would get something good so I been wanting food even though I know I couldnt eat it. I highly suggest Chike brand Protein. It's a Meal Replacement with high protein. I get the banana magic and it's great!

On 02/15/2020 at 17:42, CarmaCarmen said:

I’m feeling the same feelings when I drink. Taking pill sucks. I feel the getting stuck. And the dry mouth part really sucks. I’ve been having a lot of dry heaving and that’s very painful. I’ve been walking a lot and hopefully get to go home today.

I’m 6 days out of my mgb and food has been playing mind games with me. I don’t really feel hungry, but making meals for my family (I have 4 kids and a hubby) and not being able to even taste it to check the seasoning, etc. is hard. My head is screaming at me for food, but my stomach says “no ma’am”. I don’t really feel hungry, but at the same time my body feels starved for nutrition, despite getting in enough fluids and all my Vitamins.< br />
On a positive note, I ate my first real “food” this morning - some heavily watered down Greek yogurt with a half scoop of unflavoured Protein Powder. It was about 1/2 cup and took an hour to eat, but I got it down alright. I have noticed, however, that I’m not getting that full stomach feeling until it’s over full. This is probably because it’s still swollen and healing.

How is everyone else doing?

@doublepau I had my surgery on the 11th

Hi everyone! I'm a new member and my gastric sleeve surgery is scheduled for 2/18. I'm excited and terrified all at once! There is the physical aspect but this whole experience has been a real mind shift. I was just telling my husband that I am aware of how much of a complainer I am being. The liquid diet has been tough on me. I started keto/IF on 12/28 and was losing weight before it. Now this feels like torture but I know it's preparing me for what is to come, in two days, I will be in a whole other phase...looking forward to learning and experiencing this with you all.