Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is also February 17th!

My surgery is also February 17th!

@lisa - I had the exact same symptoms this morning. A raging headache, dark urine, extreme nausea. My doctor gave the same advice - focus on fluids, forget about Protein Shakes for now. He even suggested having some watered down apple juice. It’s definitely helped. I flew home today, and the last 30 minutes were awful. Constant turbulence that was so bad that my Fitbit was counting it as steps. 😮🤢Needless to say, it took a while for my tummy to settle down.

I’d highly recommend for anyone flying out after that you take gravel and have someone pull/push your suitcase for you. Mine wasn’t heavy, but after 20 minutes of walking with it, it felt like I had done a billion sit ups.

Hi everyone. I’ve been lurking on this forum for a couple of months and figured better late than never to actually join and post. I’m getting sleeved tomorrow!

Im so tired right now after the week of liquid diet but can’t go to sleep until I chug 2 bottles of “ensure pre surgery” at midnight. 😖

thanks to all the February people that have posted. Makes me feel so much less alone!

Good luck with your surgery, Carmen!

Hi everyone. I’ve been lurking on this forum for a couple of months and figured better late than never to actually join and post. I’m getting sleeved tomorrow!
Im so tired right now after the week of liquid diet but can’t go to sleep until I chug 2 bottles of “ensure pre surgery” at midnight. [emoji37]
thanks to all the February people that have posted. Makes me feel so much less alone!
Good luck tomorrow! Keep us updated!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’d also suggest not looking at a scale. I did today, and I weigh 12lbs more than when I went in for surgery. I know it’s all bloating, etc, but it does suck to see a higher than pre-surgery number, especially when you’ve taken in fewer than 400 calls over 4 days.

Im so tired right now after the week of liquid diet but can’t go to sleep until I chug 2 bottles of “ensure pre surgery” at midnight. [emoji37]
@CarmaCarmen Good luck!!!

Good luck to everyone having valentine's day surgery today!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

19 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

So after having a really pretty easy couple of days, today I started to feel worse. I had a pounding headache, my urine is darker than I want, and I was dry heaving and/or vomiting if I tried to get any Protein Shake in. I am also having a really hard time getting the darn Tylenol down. I finally contacted the nutritionists at B & W (where I had the surgery done) and asked if I was dehydrating. She feels I am in early dehydration, and wants me to give up trying to get the Protein in right now and just concentrate on getting the fluids in. It is a relief not to have to face choking down the Protein Shakes right now, and I am very glad I reached out, because I was feeling really off. She said I may find the nausea lessening by getting hydrated, and that regardless for most people it passes. So I am sipping away, and walking around my house at least once an hour. Or, as we say, living the dream. :)

How are you doing today, Lisa?

35 minutes ago, Likklelime said:

How are you doing today, Lisa?

Thank you so much for checking on me! I am better today. Yesterday was long, and I felt awful from the dehydration. I certainly had a few "Oh my god, what have I done to myself?" moments, but I feel much better today. I really have no pain. Once I was finally hydrated, the nausea got much better. I'm going to try to get a little more Protein in today. Someone on here said this was going to be a roller coaster ride, and I've just experienced my first big dip, I guess. I know there are people out there who consider this "an easy way out"; boy, if they only knew.

Thanks again.

I’m here in the hospital in pre-op just waiting for them to come take me to surgery. I’m all ready to go. I have excited nervousness going on. I’m not scared at all. I’ll post as I’m able!

@jaymmee you go!!! You’ve got this! Can’t wait to hear from you on the other side!