Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Glad everyone is recovering. I’m scheduled to be sleeved on Feb 27th which seems like forever. I start liquids tomorrow.

On 02/12/2020 at 06:18, 3sonsitk said:

Glad everyone is recovering. I’m scheduled to be sleeved on Feb 27th which seems like forever. I start liquids tomorrow.

Me too!!! Hey surgery twin lol.

I just had my surgery Monday and I’m in so much pain. I think it’s mostly gas because I haven’t been able to pass any or have a Volvo well movement. I’ve been up and walking quite a bit, but all I’ve been able to manage is a few burps. :( Anyone have any tips? I’m desperate for sleep and relief!!

3 minutes ago, MOHOJO19 said:

Me too!!! Hey surgery twin lol.

Hey twin! Do you start liquids tomorrow too?

On 02/12/2020 at 06:26, 3sonsitk said:

Hey twin! Do you start liquids tomorrow too?

I do officially, but I started Tuesday of last week and I’ve already lost 25 pounds. It fluctuates though. That part can be discouraging. I keep pushing through though.

3 minutes ago, MOHOJO19 said:

I do officially, but I started Tuesday of last week and I’ve already lost 25 pounds. It fluctuates though. That part can be discouraging. I keep pushing through though.

That’s awesome. How’s the hunger?

The first few days I was hangry lol. It went away though. Powerade zero, sugar free Jello, beef and chicken broth, and unsweetened applesauce have been my best friend. I drink Premier Protein as well. I found some Splenda with Fiber and it helps with Decaf tea, and sweetening the applesauce (it’s really tart).

@3sonsitk stay away from beef bone broth... it’s disgusting.

1 hour ago, MOHOJO19 said:

@3sonsitk stay away from beef bone broth... it’s disgusting.

I just read through all the posts and it’s def not in my list. Haha

On 02/12/2020 at 07:41, 3sonsitk said:

I just read through all the posts and it’s def not in my list. Haha

Right! Are you having bypass or vsg? I’m going to Tijuana, because my stupid insurance stopped covering bariatric surgery this year.

10 hours ago, ResaRoo said:

@lisa - are you struggling to get fluids in as well? I’m supposed to drink 30mL every 15 minutes, but am struggling to do this. I feel so full and then nauseous when I drink that much so close together. Hoping this gets better soon.

I'm really struggling. Yesterday I still had IV fluids until around noon; Beginning last evening I started peeing all that out. I woke up this morning genuinely thirsty, but I can only take a tiny sip or I get nauseous. I've dry heaved after taking my chopped up medicine. This morning I sucked on a sugar free popsicle while walking around my house. It was a tiny popsicle, and I got about a third in before I started to get that nauseous feeling. It was great until then, though!

This morning I filled a 24 ounce water bottle and put it in the fridge. I am taking an ounce or so at a time, with a couple of ice cubes, and just sipping it. Re-fill, repeat.

I am also going to try to make a cup of hot mint tea, with a little stevia, and sip that until I can't, then refrigerate the rest for some iced tea later. 8 oz. more

I'm going to try some Bone Broth this afternoon. 8 oz. liquid PLUS 9 g. or protein; we'll see how much I can get in.

I've set alarms for 10, 2 and 6 to try to get as much Protein Shake in as I can. But today I am all about hydrating first.

I feel like I am girding for battle! But on the upside, I'm more sore than in pain, and I slept 5 straight hours! Got up, took Tylenol, then walked around for a bit, went back to bed and slept another 3hours! Yeah for sleep!

How is your post-op battle progressing?

2 hours ago, deej25 said:

I just had my surgery Monday and I’m in so much pain. I think it’s mostly gas because I haven’t been able to pass any or have a Volvo well movement. I’ve been up and walking quite a bit, but all I’ve been able to manage is a few burps. :( Anyone have any tips? I’m desperate for sleep and relief!!

Are you still in the hospital? They may have some tips. I had surgery Monday, too, and the only thing that seems to help is walking, walking, walking. Sometimes I belch after Water, but it does not give any relief. At the risk of TMI, I have passed gas, which made the hospital happy, but I did not feel any better. I guess it means things are moving. I get this odd gurgly feeling when I drink the water, the RN said it was completely normal. She also said if I get up, even just stand up, it helps it pass.

I have to keep reminding myself I JUST HAD MAJOR SURGERY! and I won't feel this way forever.

Good luck, and keep walking! Walk walk walk, sip.

13 hours ago, Fiddles said:

Hi everyone. I had the surgery yesterday it was about an hour and a half. And my surgeon did a liver biopsy while in there which I didn’t know he was going to do. The pain and discomfort was a bit rough they gave me pain med via iv that helped a lot and I was able to sleep for about an hour at a time. The IV made me pee a lot so I was up and down. Today I was just really tired. Had an X-ray in the am and the Fluid I had to drink was nasty! But luckily I didn’t throw up. When I feel a little queasy I walk around and try to make myself fall asleep. Overall I’m happy to be back home and start the rest of this journey. I also was prescribed Percocet which idk about since there isn’t any food in my system. Good luck to the rest of you. Seems like all the February ppl are having successful surgeries

Congratulations Fiddles! Hope you get lots of good rest and can keep your fluids up! Update us. Hope the biopsy results are unremarkable.

On 2/11/2020 at 4:50 AM, Toots#1990 said:

Excited for you!!! Mine is in the morning. Will be praying for you

Checking in; How are you doing post op?

On 2/9/2020 at 10:15 PM, divag822 said:

@ Lisa. This one week difference seemed to go by so fast. I hope you’re fully recovered from the sickness and ready Tomm. I’m excited for you. Good luck in the am.

It really did! I am glad I am not recuperating while dealing with the flu. This is hard enough. How is your journey?