Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 hours ago, niffer said:

Good luck, keep us posted!

Excited for you!!! Mine is in the morning. Will be praying for you

On 1/12/2020 at 11:37 PM, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Hey February Graduating Class, are you guys excited? Look at it this way, after I have my surgery on January 31st, your group will start crossing the stage... If you have questions or anxiety is settling in, read the January or prior months ahead to hear everyone's experiences.

How are you doing? My surgery is in the morning. Since yours was January 31st I was wondering how things went up to this point

Had my surgery yesterday. Everything went smoothly. But I had a lot of upper abdomen and lower back pain, extreme nausea (mostly dry heaving and gas related). But it for way better by this morning. Pain and nausea mostly gone (I was told it may come back but not to the same extent.) Today I’m up and walking around the surgery ward and, unless something odd comes back in my blood, I’ll get to go home (to a hotel, actually) around noon.

Excited for you!!! Mine is in the morning. Will be praying for you
Good luck today@Toots#1990

Glad to hear it went well! Definitely walk as often as you can for the gas! Congrats to a new beginning!

I FINALLY HAVE MY DATE🎉😭

2/25. Anyone else?

Ready for a new life. This time I'll take better care of it. 💪

SUPER STOKED!

18 hours ago, Puffy-no-more said:

@niffer I agree. This group is wonderful! And I know I wouldn’t feel so horrible normally but it’s the severe caffeine withdrawal for me that’s kicking my butt. From everything I’ve read, I should be feeling better by tomorrow. I’m so excited and ready to get this show on the road!!

This! I am so here with this. I am down to two ounces of coffee every morning. I am ready to pull the plug but not ready yet!

Hang in there with the new adjustments on our new journey. My weakness was sweets but after the preop diet and surgery on February 3, I do t even think about sweets or crave them.

Good luck February surgeries!

Congrats to your date ! I’m on list for Feb but still awaiting date ! Very nervous to be honest it’s not knowing the unknown but it’s all for the best 👍🏾

1st I wanna say congratulations to everyone who's had their February surgery. So glad to hear so many of you are doing well. Keep up the good work. I'm scheduled for the 19th. Puffy no more, I think you said we had the same surgery date. How are you doing?So I am in my 6th day of the 2 week liquid diet for pre-op.I am pleasantly surprised that it is not bad as bad as I thought.It seems the Protein Shakes and smoothies are filling me up and keeping me satiated. I have dropped 6 pounds. I can't believe the time is passing so quickly. I really appreciate this Forum and everybody's comments.Good luck to everyone.

Hey @DB in AZ I’m Glad to hear you are doing so well. I’m doing good. I have a 10 day pre-op diet so I just started on Sunday. I can have some foods but mostly yogurt, a little fruit, 3 oz of fat free deli meat, and Protein Shakes. I was a very heavy Pepsi drinker (like that is all I drank throughout the day) so I knew the caffeine withdrawal would be wicked and it was. Sunday night and yesterday, I felt really bad but I am feeling great today. I’m not hungry after eating the little bit that I’m allowed. I felt like the time was flying until I started my pre-op. Now it seems to be dragging a little lol but we’ll get there. And I agree. This forum has been really great!

38 minutes ago, blette said:

I’m 2/19 surgery date too! I was put on a 2 week pre-op diet. Only shakes and then 2oz of lean meat or 2 eggs at lunch. dinner is 2 oz of lean meat or 2 eggs, 1 small piece of fruit and 1 half cup of starch or piece of bread. Unlimited non starchy veggies though. Ahhh. Almost a week til surgery!

That’s awesome. I know! I feel like once I started this diet that I’m becoming very impatient. I’m trying to stay busy and hope this time passes quickly. I can’t complain though because @lisafrommassachusetts had hers scheduled and then had to reschedule for a week another out due to being sick. But she kept at it. That takes work and commitment!

I'm two weeks from tomorrow. My 3 year old came home from preschool sick. Hope I dont catch anything.