Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 02/08/2020 at 14:53, divag822 said:

@Fiddles congratulations. I pray all is successful on your new journey. How is the liquid diet coming?

Thanks so much divag glad u are staying positive and focused. Wishing you much success.

3 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

Thank you for the update!!! It is great to hear things are getting better every day. Keep sharing!

Yes everyday it gets better. Keep repeating that to urself and things will come along.
Good luck!!!

I am also from Massachusetts 😀

Edited by kdgarcia

Hey there. I experienced the same. At first I could not keep my Hands and feet warm It has gotten better over time though. Just be careful not to get sick or a cold because they can delay your surgery date.

6 hours ago, MOHOJO19 said:

If you find a good one send it to me please. Which Protein Powder are you using? I ordered a nutri ninja because, I'm not spending all that money on Premier Protein and others like. I'll just make my own.

I did order Unjury, per the recommendation from my surgeon's office. It has an aftertaste I am not digging. The reviews are all, "tiny" flavor. My butt! I ordered $60 of product. I will use it, but boo!

I just got some Isopure today. It is delicious. pineapple orange banana. I don't detect any lingering notes of nasty. I'm going to try their unflavored next, and see.

Don't do what I did, and go for the whole enchilada. Buy small amounts, and sample first, before any real investment.

Another question for February sleevers...how much time did your surgeon recommend taking off work? Mine said two weeks. I'm going to take 7 days completely off (surgery on a Thurs, so 9 days no work, just rest) and then work from home the following week (14 days total at home.) I hope that is enough time to heal before returning to the office. I am mostly at a desk behind a computer all day, so not too strenuous. Thoughts?

22 minutes ago, niffer said:

Another question for February sleevers...how much time did your surgeon recommend taking off work? Mine said two weeks. I'm going to take 7 days completely off (surgery on a Thurs, so 9 days no work, just rest) and then work from home the following week (14 days total at home.) I hope that is enough time to heal before returning to the office. I am mostly at a desk behind a computer all day, so not too strenuous. Thoughts?

I went to several surgical groups to talk to people who have had sleeve/bypass. 2 of the girls in the group have desk jobs and they said they returned to work within a few days. I also have a friend who did sleeve and she was back at work in the hospital within a week. I guess it just depends on how you feel. But the consensus seems to be from those I talked to that it's pretty easy to get back to a job, especially one behind a desk. Good luck. 👍

I don't work and stay busy at home; but speaking for myself, if I did work I'd feel perfectly fine going back tomorrow (surgery was Wed 5th) my real only restriction was not to lift over 10lbs

I think staying busy helps so that's what I slowly plan to start tomorrow!

I went to several surgical groups to talk to people who have had sleeve/bypass. 2 of the girls in the group have desk jobs and they said they returned to work within a few days. I also have a friend who did sleeve and she was back at work in the hospital within a week. I guess it just depends on how you feel. But the consensus seems to be from those I talked to that it's pretty easy to get back to a job, especially one behind a desk. Good luck. [emoji106]
Thanks!!

I don't work and stay busy at home; but speaking for myself, if I did work I'd feel perfectly fine going back tomorrow (surgery was Wed 5th) my real only restriction was not to lift over 10lbs
I think staying busy helps so that's what I slowly plan to start tomorrow!

That's encouraging, thank you JettK!

12 more hours to go until my surgery. I thought I’d be nervous, but I’m just excited! It might be hard to get to sleep tonight...

Just got word on Friday that surgery is Tuesday, Feb 18 at 11:00 am.

I am super excited but a little nervous about the clear liquid phase next Sunday and Monday.

I think I'm gonna be a hangry hungry lady. Any suggestions to keep my mind off food would be great.

2 minutes ago, ResaRoo said:

12 more hours to go until my surgery. I thought I’d be nervous, but I’m just excited! It might be hard to get to sleep tonight...

Mine is tomorrow, too. My surgery is not until 2 in the afternoon. I feel like sleep is going to be pretty elusive...Best of luck to you! See you on the other side of this thing! :)

I also heard that you should really take the time you have available not to overdo it because it was major surgery, you don’t want to sabotage the process ...major adjustments to a new journey with health and wellness. I personally think that if your incisions haven’t healed on the outside, there certainly are not healed in the inside. Good luck to everyone recovering. Protect your investment...and that is you ❤️