Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm doing really good, drinking my liquids well and slowly taking in cream Soups (1/8 of a cup is all I can get down) but it's oh so good!

Slowly I believe I am learning to know when my stomach is full; I do not want to over eat and get sick!

Drinking anything 30min before and after food, that's different because I would always drink with my food; change is good though :)

7 minutes ago, divag822 said:

My after diet post op week one is all Clear Liquids. I have all my chewable: Probiotics, (3 per day) Multivitamin, (one per day and calcium citrate w Vitamin D.(3 per day) It was hard trying to so all this chewing and get them all down but I'm progressing. My fav part of the liquid diet is chicken noodle Soup broth, lime SF Jello, and Apple/melon Isopure drink Sipping away at the Water to try and get as much as possible to avoid dehydration. I'm up and moving and able to shower daily. Having to remember to do my physical therapy breathing unit to avoid pneumonia. They said it's better to be consumed with something other than your diet after surgery so you won't be totally obsessed with your diet. So, Netflix, YouTube, lifetime and CNN have kept me company. Hope this helps.

Yes! Sounds like you are falling into a rhythm with all of this. We should all share our favorite "binge worthy" shows as we recuperate!

1 minute ago, JettK said:

I'm doing really good, drinking my liquids well and slowly taking in cream Soups (1/8 of a cup is all I can get down) but it's oh so good!

Slowly I believe I am learning to know when my stomach is full; I do not want to over eat and get sick!

Drinking anything 30min before and after food, that's different because I would always drink with my food; change is good though :)

Good to hear it's going so well. I am getting so excited/anxious.

8 hours ago, ResaRoo said:

I’m having surgery in Toronto, so flying across the country (Canada). If I wasn’t flying, they wouldn’t have been needed.

Ah, that makes sense. Good luck!

Drinking anything 30min before and after food, that's different because I would always drink with my food; change is good though [emoji4]
Good to hear!! Keep up the good work! I'm in countdown mode to 2/20...

Hello, I just want to give a little update since my surgery 2/4/20 cuz I know I was always wondering how everyone was after their surgery. My first day was rough! I had a lot of pain and I thought something was wrong since the person that was in the same room I was in was in no where as bad as I was!!! But the doctor told me she was a rare case! I was a normal case! Not that it made me happier but it eased my mind It lasted basically 8 hrs of pain that wouldn’t go away. I did everything to try to make it go away, I walked. Sat up, laid down, hot pads and etc to make it go away and it finally did in the middle of the night. The morning after I was told in order to leave I need to drink 3 cups of clear liquids. That was my other struggle. I would take a small sip and I just couldn’t hold it down. I tried for 3 hrs to drink Water or crystal light. Then the nurse came and offered me chicken broth and let me tell you it made a big difference. My stomach was not okay with anything cold but once I tried the broth I was able to take sips often and home I went. It has not been that bad ever since. I can only take little sips of room temperature water, crystal light just so I can have a taste once in a while and chicken broth. I tried to drink Protein Shake on the third day and it did not feel good at all so I didn’t try until the day after and finally I was okay to take small sips of Protein Shakes. I was okay also with starting the Vitamins but I had to take them a few min apart to let it go down with out it feeling like it’s too much. I told my doctor I was having trouble with the Protein Drinks and she said as long I am hydrated and take my vitamins and take the most sips I can of the Protein shake and I feel good then I am doing it right. Everyone body is different just to try to get more and more in as the days come. Sorry for my story but I wanted to share my post op Incase in can help someone else. Especially the part with having a hard time with cold drinks. My stomach was more happier with warm drinks.

9 hours ago, kdgarcia said:

Hello, I just want to give a little update since my surgery 2/4/20 cuz I know I was always wondering how everyone was after their surgery. My first day was rough! I had a lot of pain and I thought something was wrong since the person that was in the same room I was in was in no where as bad as I was!!! But the doctor told me she was a rare case! I was a normal case! Not that it made me happier but it eased my mind It lasted basically 8 hrs of pain that wouldn’t go away. I did everything to try to make it go away, I walked. Sat up, laid down, hot pads and etc to make it go away and it finally did in the middle of the night. The morning after I was told in order to leave I need to drink 3 cups of Clear Liquids. That was my other struggle. I would take a small sip and I just couldn’t hold it down. I tried for 3 hrs to drink Water or crystal light. Then the nurse came and offered me chicken broth and let me tell you it made a big difference. My stomach was not okay with anything cold but once I tried the broth I was able to take sips often and home I went. It has not been that bad ever since. I can only take little sips of room temperature Water, crystal light just so I can have a taste once in a while and chicken broth. I tried to drink Protein Shake on the third day and it did not feel good at all so I didn’t try until the day after and finally I was okay to take small sips of Protein Shakes. I was okay also with starting the Vitamins but I had to take them a few min apart to let it go down with out it feeling like it’s too much. I told my doctor I was having trouble with the Protein Drinks and she said as long I am hydrated and take my Vitamins and take the most sips I can of the Protein shake and I feel good then I am doing it right. Everyone body is different just to try to get more and more in as the days come. Sorry for my story but I wanted to share my post op Incase in can help someone else. Especially the part with having a hard time with cold drinks. My stomach was more happier with warm drinks.

Thank you for the update!!! It is great to hear things are getting better every day. Keep sharing!

On 2/7/2020 at 4:13 PM, MOHOJO19 said:

Mine is February 27th as well, but in Tijuana. My insurance doesn’t cover it...

My insurance wouldn't cover it either. I went to Mexicali. If you travel through San Diego Airport there is a Thai restaurant in there. It's called Saffron. They have a chicken broth for a good price, and tastes delightful!

Everyone with upcoming surgery dates; have you tried beef Bone Broth? IDK if it’s the brand my husband bought for me, but it’s disgusting 🤢 chicken broth and sugar free Jell-O is my go to right now!

Just had my first Protein Drink. Unjury unflavored powder with a BodyArmor superdrink. Only 8 oz. It took me 40ish minutes, but I did it! I'll wait another 10 and start on Water. Want to stay hydrated.

All fluids count towards my total 64 oz, right? Even the Protein drink?

3 minutes ago, MOHOJO19 said:

Everyone with upcoming surgery dates; have you tried beef Bone Broth? IDK if it’s the brand my husband bought for me, but it’s disgusting 🤢 chicken broth and sugar free Jell-O is my go to right now!

I have tried beef Bone Broth in a couple of different brands; I don't care for it. I like the swanson chicken bone broth, and a kind I got on Amazon; Kettle and Fire Chicken bone broth and the Kettle and Fire chicken with mushroom. I've honestly never cared for Jello, hoping after surgery I can get some down. I wish there were more interesting sugar-free flavors.

3 minutes ago, MOHOJO19 said:

It is not just you. I haven't like any of the broths yet. I just ordered a vegetable broth. I plan to add the unflavored Protein Powder to it. Hopefully, that will work.

I looked up a recipe for the Thai chicken broth, and I'm going to try to duplicate it. Cuz that was bananas good!

14 minutes ago, *aqua* said:

My insurance wouldn't cover it either. I went to Mexicali. If you travel through San Diego Airport there is a Thai restaurant in there. It's called Saffron. They have a chicken broth for a good price, and tastes delightful!

Thanks for the info... I can't wait to try it. My husband and I are flying in a day early.

5 minutes ago, *aqua* said:

It is not just you. I haven't like any of the broths yet. I just ordered a vegetable broth. I plan to add the unflavored Protein Powder to it. Hopefully, that will work.

I looked up a recipe for the Thai chicken broth, and I'm going to try to duplicate it. Cuz that was bananas good!

If you find a good one send it to me please. Which Protein powder are you using? I ordered a nutri ninja because, I'm not spending all that money on Premier Protein and others like. I'll just make my own.

I've noticed since being on this liquid diet that I am always cold, before, I would always be hot. I used to run an oscillating fan all year. I can't do it anymore.