Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Redeaux said:

Had my surgery first full day home today feeling a little sore and trying to up my Water intake but happy to be on the other side of this

Congratulations! A "little sore" sounds very encouraging. I hope your recuperation is smooth. Can I pick your brain for a minute, are you able to walk up stairs? My bedroom is on the 2nd floor and I don't know why I did not think of this before....

3 minutes ago, divag822 said:

awesome!!! The first 2 days at home were rough but I can tell that I’m healing. Getting up as walking in the house. I’m sore too.

Glad to hear you are healing! Keep us posted; you have an audience of people who want the details, unlike probably our friends and families...

2 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

Congratulations! A "little sore" sounds very encouraging. I hope your recuperation is smooth. Can I pick your brain for a minute, are you able to walk up stairs? My bedroom is on the 2nd floor and I don't know why I did not think of this before....

Hey there!

yes I can walk up the stairs I didn’t really have any issues there for me the worst part was not having a wedge pillow to sleep on...I ordered one last night from Amazon but it would’ve been helpful day 1

11 hours ago, *aqua* said:

Had my surgery yesterday! Everyone has been wonderful! Two more days in the hospital, and then I'm going home.

Feel a little nauseous and tender in places. On the whole I feel ok.🌞

That is great! So exciting that everyone is starting their new journey!

3 hours ago, Redeaux said:

Had my surgery first full day home today feeling a little sore and trying to up my Water intake but happy to be on the other side of this

That's good to hear. I have a question for you. On the clear liquid diet after surgery, does broth count towards your Fluid intake for the day? I was thinking about this earlier and thinking that 64 ounces will probably be hard to get in at first.....

2 hours ago, divag822 said:

awesome!!! The first 2 days at home were rough but I can tell that I’m healing. Getting up as walking in the house. I’m sore too.

If you don't mind, was the tough part of it the pain or nausea/stomach related problems? Just trying to figure out what to expect

1 hour ago, Redeaux said:

Hey there!

yes I can walk up the stairs I didn’t really have any issues there for me the worst part was not having a wedge pillow to sleep on...I ordered one last night from Amazon but it would’ve been helpful day 1

Another thing I never thought of. Let us know if that helps

The worst part for me was the stomach cramping the first few days. The surgeon did say that was normal. Today, it seems they subsided. Also, the nausea hit me the 2 nd day. The had a tray with all this red Protein Shake, Jello and sugar free drinks. I hope this helps. There were too many options and I ended up getting really nauseous and I threw it up. So, I’d have to say the nausea was worse.

Edited by divag822

Were you able to geT anything for the nausea? I hope you've been able to get things down better since then😬

Just finished day 2 of the 2 week pre opt diet. Doing okay so far.But I can see that these Protein Shakes are gonna get old fast. I'm making some of my own Protein smoothies. My doctor's okay with adding a bit of fruit or leafy greens like spinach so I'm making some with apple or grape or bananas. They also allow a little bit of yogurt or cottage cheese which I have been doing at the end of the day It was dessert.12 more days to go.

dessert.12 more days to go.

11 minutes ago, DB in AZ said:

Just finished day 2 of the 2 week pre opt diet. Doing okay so far.But I can see that these Protein Shakes are gonna get old fast. I'm making some of my own Protein smoothies. My doctor's okay with adding a bit of fruit or leafy greens like spinach so I'm making some with apple or grape or bananas. They also allow a little bit of yogurt or cottage cheese which I have been doing at the end of the day It was dessert.12 more days to go.

dessert.12 more days to go.

Good luck! My pre-op is less restrictive than some, but I am still getting sick of the Protein Shakes. Everything is too sweet! I did find some with 30 g of Protein that I have frozen to a slushy state and eaten as dessert: Premier Protein Caramel and the banana Crème. They are unbearable (to me) unless I freeze them, but it is a break from chocolate/vanilla. Can you have Clear Liquids? Bone Broth gives me a bit of a break.

I'm wondering about it post op, too. I'm on all liquids (so shakes are the main source of protein) from day 2 until 10; I had bought some crème of chicken Soup from Bariatric Pal with 15g of protein; I'm hoping I can have them when I'm off clear liquids, just as a break from all that sweet.

Good luck! For me the first 4 days were the worst, but then I got the flu and had to extend my surgery out another week.

I'm scheduled for sleeve on 02/26. I am feeling ALL of the feels right now. Mostly I'm ready.
I could use some friends as I'm not really telling people about my surgery. I was approved back in November, but I got that notification the same day I got a new job offer so I asked to wait to schedule anything until I got settled into my new position.

I lost a lot of weight a few years ago when I took phentermine. I am looking forward to losing weight, keeping it off and not being a jittery rage monster like I was on the drugs. Also: weight came back fast.

All of my preop appointments and labs are done. I just need to make sure I don't get sick between now and then. I am super stressed about that.

I start pre-op diet on 02/12. I'm working on eliminating coffee right now- I'm told no coffee for six months post op.
I'm down to four ounces or less per day, but giving it up entirely is proving to be really, really hard. I'm planning to take three weeks off post op.

My surgery is February 17th, too! I’m excited and nervous. On Day 2 of my pre-op diet, which is tough. I’m looking forward to not being so hungry after my surgery!