Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No purée stage?

Yeah, every doc is diff. I had heller time with Peanut Butter cuz of the fat in it. I was totes great with powdered peanut butter. I like vitacost peanut butter slim cuz it didn't make me feel like I was gonna die. I didn't do a whole lot of cheese cuz my doc said it was really binding. But I skipped puree and when straight to fork tender mushies: cottage cheese, canned tuna/salmon/chicken, steamed/poached white fish, egg white puffs and soft boiled eggs. That kind of thing.

all surgeons and pre-/post-op diets are different. I had no post-op liquid phase - I was eating pureed right out of the hospital (and then moved to soft foods at about three weeks out, I think - maybe four)

It's normal and good I think. I had 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks soft and at 4 weeks i was cleared for anything I could handle other than raw veggies and salad.

I think the sooner you progress to real food the better it is in terms of getting used to foods.

7 hours ago, Tomkat said:

So I moved on to part 2 of the diet, but it’s just adding Peanut Butter, cheese, and eggs. I have no purée stage? Next I go on to add chicken fish and tuna. No fruits or veggies til after 8 weeks I guess. I’m 2.5 weeks in. Starting Protein now. This normal?

How many days since your surgery? I'm about to finish week 2, and I know I don't have a puree stage either. I'm curious when you got out of the Liquid Protein stage.

I’m post op 2 weeks, and I’m eating soft, mushy food. My new full is one teaspoon of food. So I am drinking my Protein Shakes faithfully. I can’t believe how many inches I have lost already! I don’t like the new “full” feeling so I have yet to eat near that amount again. I have 3 teaspoons of “mush” spaced out throughout the day. My fav is vegan meatballs, I got at Aldis. They are so soft, and I tolerate them so well. I was told to experiment with one food a day, if it bothers me, try that food the next week. Honestly the vegan meatballs did so well, I’m probably gonna ride these out for a week by themselves.

I’m post op 2 weeks, and I’m eating soft, mushy food. My new full is one teaspoon of food. So I am drinking my Protein Shakes faithfully. I can’t believe how many inches I have lost already! I don’t like the new “full” feeling so I have yet to eat near that amount again. I have 3 teaspoons of “mush” spaced out throughout the day. My fav is vegan meatballs, I got at Aldis. They are so soft, and I tolerate them so well. I was told to experiment with one food a day, if it bothers me, try that food the next week. Honestly the vegan meatballs did so well, I’m probably gonna ride these out for a week by themselves.
I have been eating the vegan meatballs too! So good!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yep - looks like every surgeon has different guidelines. Mine is two weeks prior to surgery on high Protein liquids then another four weeks post surgery. Then I can try solid foods (from a specific list) and up to two Protein Shakes per day to make sure to get enough protein. On Monday Dec 30 I get to try solids - am curious to see what I can tolerant.

Great advice here on trying one thing per day to see how it goes, and I'll definitely get some vegan meatballs. For Breakfast forever it will continue to be a green smoothie with very little fruit. lunch and dinner is up to 3 oz of protein plus 1 oz cooked veg though clearly that's down the line since others say they could only take in a spoonful. My directions are that if I react badly to any food to go back on the liquids for 48 hours.

On 12/25/2019 at 8:57 AM, Tomkat said:

@mike2019 week one was Clear Liquids. Week 2 full liquids. I’m in week 3 now.

Day 14 and they started me on soft foods today for next 2.5 months.

On 12/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, Tomkat said:

So I moved on to part 2 of the diet, but it’s just adding Peanut Butter, cheese, and eggs. I have no purée stage? Next I go on to add chicken fish and tuna. No fruits or veggies til after 8 weeks I guess. I’m 2.5 weeks in. Starting Protein now. This normal?

CHI Franciscan Weight Loss Center has no Pre-op liquid diet. Week 1-clear liquids, Week 2-add Protein Drinks and Vitamins, Week 3-pureed food, Week 4-soft food (chewed-up really well, of course), Week 5-I guess, we'll see!

I ate Campbell's chicken noodle Soup noodles on my 8th day post-op, and it was fine for me.

Just now, Vicki McNair said:

CHI Franciscan Weight Loss Center has no Pre-op liquid diet. Week 1-clear liquids, Week 2-add Protein Drinks and Vitamins, Week 3-pureed food, Week 4-soft food (chewed-up really well, of course), Week 5-I guess, we'll see!

I ate Campbell's chicken noodle Soup noodles on my 8th day post-op, and it was fine for me.

I will have to be very careful with stuff like Peanut Butter & cheese. My body doesn't like too much salt, and they do have too much fat!