Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had my sleeve surgery on 12-18-19. Has anyone else had experiences with pain in their left should and neck after surgery? I have a follow up appointment on 12-26, planning on mentioning it to my doctor. Kinda want to see if I am stressing for yes reason.

I had mine the same day! Congratulations!
I was in lots of pain as well, in the same areas. Move around as much as you can. It’s gas buildup. Sad to say, your family will be introduced to a new side of you for the next few days while this works its way out. I start off my mornings everyday with a nice walk and it seems to get things moving. I often walk around my house or wherever I am and never sit for more than a half hr at a time. It’s really made things progress quickly for me. I have very little gas pains and I only took a pain killer in the middle of the night last night, and nothing else since day 2.
good luck clearing the air! Hope the pain subsides soon.

The gas actually releases through your skin. Walking and moving are the best way to move it along. Your body will be taking the next few weeks to readjust. Best of luck with the rest of your recovery!

Thank you so much. It’s nice to know I am not alone.

Still adjusting to my new normal. Can’t wait to have a nice crunchy salad. My husband thinks it funny that salad is the food I am craving. I tried to explain I was so used to eating my salad every day for lunch. When did anyone start eating crunchy foods? I am still roasting all my veggies.

Yup I had pain in my shoulder and arm for about 3 weeks. Try walking around and gas-x strips other then that it’s super normal and you will probably have to push through it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!