Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lean muscle mass building

Does anyone have a great program for building lean muscle mass? I want to make my skin look better but I don't want to get huge.

@amithistrose

You are at goal weight, Right? If you work out at a gym, ask the staff or trainer for help.

These people have great information from expereince @BlueCrush @BigViffer @Albus @oldbriannomore @NurseMichael @PWMDMD @JessLess @AZhiker @Diana_in_Philly

Some links that may help:

Bodybuilding.com Lifting data base. Shows how to use the equipment and form.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

Body building. com Lifting plans

https://www.bodybuilding.com/workout-plans/

Muscle and fitness workouts

https://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418762-is-it-possible-to-build-muscle-after-the-sleeve-im-about-to-find-out/

threads on the topic of lifting

il_570xN.1403354947_er82.jpg

thank you so much!

It's really hard for women to bulk up lifting weights. Doing more reps at lower weights pretty much guarantees you'll just firm up and feel and look better.

Lifting weight burns calories more efficiently than cardio and doing both works best provides the best health result like preventing bone loss.

Thank you so much

Bulking up in general, whether male or female is hard unless you have a substantial caloric surplus. Lift heavy for few reps for strength or light for high reps for definition, either way bulking is hard to do.

Thank you so much I needed to hear this

Definitely weights....i alternate days push/pull exercises and do my warm ups on either a treadmill or a spin bike....its no official program but seems to be working for me.

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you so much! That makes me feel good! I'm going to look up Bret Contreras programs! Doe this help with the loose skin look?

Hi I'm new here. I have had gastric bypass 10 months ago. Since I started working out over a month and a half ago intensely doing an hour and a half of cardio and a half hour of weights I have not lost any weight. I am curious of why that would be happening

too much too soon. cardio till your a year out than go to weights. Just remember muscle weighs more than fat, so instead of the scale look at pic of yourself (side by sides) see the diff in pics n fit of clothes

Thank you for the reply 🙂 my doctor is the one who told me he wanted me to start doing weights.. I've been walking since I had my surgery and I'm up to 7 miles a day but now I work out in the gym and I do an hour and a half of cardio.. which I love.. and I do weights for about a half hour every other day.. but it makes me extremely frustrated when I can't even lose a pound since I started the gym.. I understand that you can lose inches but then I'm still under the category as obese on the scale.. I still weigh 179 lb being 5 /3... I drank about a hundred oz of Water a day. And I make everything from scratch for eating... I tried to make sure I get my 10,000 steps or higher in every day which I do... I feel like this is all sabotaging my weight loss..so I'm not sure what to do I was wondering if other people were having this problem as well! !;++;last year when I was losing my weight I walked all the time and that was helping me drop weight but now it's winter and tons of snow so it's hard to walk...I would love to share and puts on this or stories of yourself not losing the weight from working out... Thank you so much....