Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Dr. Machado patients?

Hello, I wanted to see if there are any patients who have gone with Sacramento Bariatric Associates with Dr. Machado? Her program is very specific and not really like any other that I have seen. I would like some support or have another that I can share what I am going through.

I had GB RNY done 10/24/19

Hey, I know I had replied before on one of your posts, but you are more than welcome to add me on Social Media if you have it or email me. I just got my approval for surgery on Monday with Dr. Machado.

On 12/18/2019 at 14:46, AmyCWalt said:

Hey, I know I had replied before on one of your posts, but you are more than welcome to add me on Social Media if you have it or email me. I just got my approval for surgery on Monday with Dr. Machado.

Hi, that’s exciting! Are you as ready as your ever going to be? My main difficulty right now is getting appointments with them and them keeping them. Has happened twice to me where they cancel the day of and it makes it extremely hard to rearrange my schedule to fit theirs. I live 3 hours north of the clinic and I just feel no support on their end. Makes it very hard. I am desperately searching for a support group up where I live just so I can have others around to talk about things. I am a part of the Facebook group they have, but I find it pretty useless.

One thing that upset me after surgery was finding out that after the 2 week follow up with dr. Machado, you don’t see her for another year. Just the nutritionist after that first follow up. At least, that is what I was told by the staff, but they are very inconsistent in what they tell you.

WOW wow wow. Why would you not see Dr. Machado for a year after? That surprises me and is weird. Them cancelling on you isn't weird because Ive been going through that all year long. It got so bad at one point that I was just ready to throw in the towel and not go anymore because the finish line was getting further and further away. I needed 6 consecutive appointments since I have insurance through Anthem Blue Cross and I was literally going to have to start over because I couldn't even get in there for 3 months without a cancellation. I was PISSED. It ended up working out and after over 8 months, I got approved this week...but it does make me nervous that you are having issues still after surgery :( I also visit from an hour + away & I have to get the time off work in advance just to get there. Its beyond frustrating and unprofessional. I wonder if they do this to everyone???