Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No feeling in my stomach is that normal?

So, I had my surgey and the only thing that ever hurt was that awful leakage tube. That being said I stopped narcotics 4 days after surgery (turns out i was allergic to my hydrocodone anyway.) Took liquid tylenol at night to help with the slight pains here and there. Anyway I can't feel anything going on in my stomach. Is that normal? No full, no gas (except farting and burping, and no pain. I previously posted about eating 8oz of puree with no issues found out it may be to cut nerve endings and soon I'll def feel something so dumb. I learned my lesson 1/4 cup only!!! I'm doing well my Fitbit finally showed up today and I'm excited to track all my steps again. Still get tired and worn out walking after surgery. I try not to push it too hard I dont want to pass put or hurt myself. I also can drink Water normally no gulps of heaps of it, but I can drink normal sips without an issue. I'm thinking that maybe also due cut nerve endings. Not sure if it will change, but anyway I have had no trouble drinking anything. I can get my water and protien liquid down every day since I've been home. I guess I'm lucky, but I'm wondering when my nerve endings will be like yea time to feel again? Anyone else gone thru this too? I know I'm one of the lucky ones with hardly any issues, but its scary this way due to not having signs tell you "hey!!! Settle down on that water!!"or "that protien shake isnt working for you heres a stomach ache." I have to go by" gut" hehe no pun intended instinct and following the diet to a T.

I never had issues with fluids. I could drink more-or-less normally. I was freaked out about it, but the PA at my clinic wasn't concerned.

you'll start to feel restriction (with food) about the time you move to solid foods.

I have no feelings in the tummy Never hungry and can go days on end without eating, Once you feel the little bit of pressure, not pain Stop eating -

I am not one for measuring out food and such so i can eye what i can handle, I can handle about 4 oz and that i what i eye out - Now do i eat that? No way i just pick. Sunday i decided to see just how much i could get down so i weighed out 4 oz of prime rib cut really small and wet. Felt the pressure after 3 oz by 4 oz felt like hell! Did not toss it up, but really uncomfortable for awhile

I just eye small piles of healthy food and snack em down over time - Kinda a red neck way to eat but it has been working

I am three months out as of yesterday and I really don't feel full. I get a pain under my ribs after eating so that is what I go by....

Today is my eighth day after having RNY and I don’t really feel hunger. However, if I drink too fast I do get a uncomfortable feeling sort of like a pressure in my chest area. I stop for a couple minutes and it goes away. Same thing goes if I drink too much. I’m patiently waiting to start the purée stage.

It is normal. I have the same thing going on. Dr told me it is because the nerves were cut during surgery. Some of the numbness can be permanent but shouldn’t be a big issue.

4 hours ago, Rckc270 said:

Today is my eighth day after having RNY and I don’t really feel hunger. However, if I drink too fast I do get a uncomfortable feeling sort of like a pressure in my chest area. I stop for a couple minutes and it goes away. Same thing goes if I drink too much. I’m patiently waiting to start the purée stage.

I do have that uncomfortable feeling too. J use that when drinking Water to slow down or stop. I guess its our new way of saying were full right now please stop. Today has been uneventful. Just drinking my fluids and waiting till my doctors appointment tomorrow. I guess that's a good day when nothings happening.

I’m about a week out and not hungry at all. I can drink Water just fine. Anything with nutrition, however, I have to remind myself to take. I just finally managed to double my Protein intake today. Otherwise I’m eating only once a day (not counting a sugar free popsicle at night).