Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not satisfied with Unjury

I found the Unjury Protein Powder to have the least taste of all of the Protein powders that I've tested. Unfortunately, it's also very expensive. I switched to Isopure which has what I term an acquired taste. As for my protein use, I only put it into a 32 ounce water bottle with crystal light I never added it to any foods. This way I get my Water in and I also get my Proteins at the same time. Some here were discussing protein waters and I figured that I could make my own cheaper. I'n two years post surgery and I now get all of my proteins from my foods and I don't use supplements any longer.

You might like the taste of the protein powder if it is mixed with water and a sugar free flavoring.

15 minutes ago, Danny Paul said:

I found the Unjury Protein Powder to have the least taste of all of the Protein powders that I've tested. Unfortunately, it's also very expensive. I switched to Isopure which has what I term an acquired taste. As for my Protein use, I only put it into a 32 ounce water bottle with crystal light I never added it to any foods. This way I get my Water in and I also get my Proteins at the same time. Some here were discussing protein waters and I figured that I could make my own cheaper. I'n two years post surgery and I now get all of my Proteins from my foods and I don't use supplements any longer.

You might like the taste of the protein powder if it is mixed with Water and a sugar free flavoring.

Thanks!!! That is a good idea!!! I’ll try it.

The powder if done right can be way better - I use the peanut flavored ones and they are taste free when i add them - I am a trained chef so i can pick up flavor real quick -

Also try this one very smooth and virtually taste free - The matrix one available online

Smothies.jpg.a444122a3e296f132c23461805a2b594.jpg

Unjury products were one of my favorites - but then, everyone's taste is different. A lot of people love Premier Protein, which I couldn't stand - I could taste the Protein in that one. Just keep trying different brands - you'll eventually find one you like.

1 hour ago, Danny Paul said:

I found the Unjury Protein Powder to have the least taste of all of the Protein powders that I've tested. Unfortunately, it's also very expensive. I switched to Isopure which has what I term an acquired taste. As for my Protein use, I only put it into a 32 ounce water bottle with crystal light I never added it to any foods. This way I get my Water in and I also get my Proteins at the same time. Some here were discussing protein waters and I figured that I could make my own cheaper. I'n two years post surgery and I now get all of my Proteins from my foods and I don't use supplements any longer.

You might like the taste of the protein powder if it is mixed with Water and a sugar free flavoring.

I make my own protein water too, works out a ton cheaper.

I prefer Protein waters. I don’t think I ever found a Protein Shake that tasted fantastic. It was just a necessary evil. Experiment to find what works for you.

I used vanilla protein powder and made my own flavors.

• coffee mocha latte: Vanilla protein, ice, instant coffee Hershey’s sugar free cholate Syrup
  • Orange creamsicle: Vanilla protein shake, ice, orange sf Water flavoring
  • pumpkin spice: vanilla protein, ice, caned plain pureed pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice
  • Gingerbread: vanilla protein, ice ground cinnamon and ground ginger. (maple extract or sugar free maple syrup)
  • Root beer float: Vanilla protein, ice and root beer sf water flavoring.

Anyway, you get the idea.

On a positive note, You wont be on shake lifelong. Once you can hit your protein goal with real food stage, you can ditch the shakes😊

Hang in there

20 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

I prefer Protein waters. I don’t think I ever found a Protein Shake that tasted fantastic. It was just a necessary evil. Experiment to find what works for you.

I used vanilla Protein powder and made my own flavors.

• coffee mocha latte: Vanilla protein, ice, instant coffee Hershey’s sugar free cholate Syrup
  • Orange creamsicle: Vanilla protein shake, ice, orange sf Water flavoring
  • pumpkin spice: vanilla protein, ice, caned plain pureed pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice
  • Gingerbread: vanilla protein, ice ground cinnamon and ground ginger. (maple extract or sugar free maple syrup)
  • Root beer float: Vanilla protein, ice and root beer sf Water flavoring.

Anyway, you get the idea.

On a positive note, You wont be on shake lifelong. Once you can hit your protein goal with real food stage, you can ditch the shakes😊

Hang in there

THANK YOU!!! That first one sounds DELICIOUS!

Everyone’s tastes are so different! I hated Syntrax Nectars, Protein waters felt like swallowing fine strands of hair that stuck to my throat, Isopure made me ill just to sniff it. I had a hard time finding ready to drink protein without added iodine. A few things I tolerated are:

for protein powder I use PEScience select and I started out mixing it with ripple milk (plant based milk) and then started to mix it in either TwoGood coconut yogurt or plain Fage Total zero Greek yogurt. Has a frosting like texture.

for ready to drink a few options there is labrada lean body (love Cookies and cream) I think it’s called boost max protein (at the grocery) shamrock shakes, and my favorite (plant based) Koia cinnamon horchata. Sometimes I mix cafe bustelo instant coffee in my cinnamon horchata and top with a little almond whip.

Honestly what I wish I had closer to post op were BariatricPal pink grapefruit Protein Shots. And to get extra fluids later on they can be mixed with ocean spray 5 calories juice (I like the grapefruit)

BariatricPal juice protein is also more tolerable to me especially mixed with some ocean spray. You can get a variety pack to figure out the flavor you prefer. Also their protein Soups are more palatable.

Buy my own powder in bulk on sale all the time

17 hours ago, Danny Paul said:

Awesome idea, why didn't I think of making my own flavored protein waters??? I just bought about 150 packets of water flavoring yesterday. Preparing for surgery next month and etc. What other tweaks or ideas have you employed during your journey/transformation? Hopefully you will share and thanking you in advance.

On 12/16/2019 at 2:08 AM, Krimsonbutterflies said:

What other tweaks or ideas have you employed during your journey/transformation?

Once I was able to incorporate a shake into my meal plan I didn't buy the pre made stuff like premier or muscle milk. I bought chocolate flavored Matrix Protein powder put in skim milk and blended it all together using an inexpensive frother I bought on Amazon. During the warm weather while travelling I stored it in a soft sided cooler with an ice pack