Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Am I Always Cold ?

Myself and three other friends who have had WLS all experience being cold AND discomfort when sitting on hard surfaces. (Less padding in the derrier)
Omg me too! I was sitting on this comfy couch and when I got up my a** hurt

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Have you had your thyroid levels checked post-op?
I havent had any labs done because I'm uninsured and a student

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am male so I should be good but May try it give me something to do this week

I started noticing I was often cold a few months out. My insulation was disappearing. ;( Now I am perpetually freezing. lol.

I also definitely notice my "butt bone" a lot.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:17 AM, Danny Paul said:

Myself and three other friends who have had WLS all experience being cold AND discomfort when sitting on hard surfaces. (Less padding in the derrier)

Omgoodness yes!Lololol

Lol, when I was young I always felt the cold so I have lived most of my adult life in the Mohave Desert. But as the years passed, the weight piled on, feeling cold was a thing of the distant past.
I was 315 at my heaviest and 280 at the time of my surgery. Fortunately my best friend who had had gastric bypass a few years earlier, had warned me that I would be cold s the time. She wasn’t kidding.
I keep a flannel throw in the living room to cover with, and I wear socks and slippers to keep my feet warm.
For Christmas, my granddaughter made me a blanket (with bears on it because I collect bears) that will now join the throw on my chair.
Lol, I also invested in a small ceramic heater that blows warmth directly on me while my polar bear of a husband can continue to sit in his desired frigid temperatures

On 12/14/2019 at 8:23 PM, DeadSpaceGrave said:

ok this i have discussed alot trying to figure it out. I was 252lbs heaviest before my gastric bypass back in October and i was never a person to feel cold unless its snowing outside. And i live in south central Texas , but the thing is now that i had my surgery and lost just about 40lbs, im always feeling cold and what makes it worse is the current time of year and my parents always have the thermostat set to 60-65F IN THE HOUSE even during winter!

HELP!

Lots of people feel the cold more when they’ve lost weight . I NEVER felt the cold and hardly ever wore jumpers even in winter , but was suddenly going out buying big thick warm jumpers .

I'm always cold now. I added a wool blanket to my side of the bed and I always wear layers to work, including one wool sweater.

I used to get my thyroid checked all the time in case it was sneakily making me fat. I'll do it again next time I do tests.

ok this i have discussed alot trying to figure it out. I was 252lbs heaviest before my gastric bypass back in October and i was never a person to feel cold unless its snowing outside. And i live in south central Texas , but the thing is now that i had my surgery and lost just about 40lbs, im always feeling cold and what makes it worse is the current time of year and my parents always have the thermostat set to 60-65F IN THE HOUSE even during winter!
HELP!

I feel the same way starting weight 267 now 197 and im freeezing all the time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

After I did the gastric sleeve, I also went through a period of time where I felt unusually cold.

The nutritionist told me that when you lose weight your body changes. She said if I was normally hot it would change and I might get cold easier. I started at 302 and I’m down to 244. I get cold now sometimes, especially my feet. I think it’s just a common thing. I definitely would check with you dr just to make sure.