Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 days post op and am so over everything liquid. I had a 2 week preop liquid diet. I'm on full liquids until 2 weeks post op. I just need something/anything textured and more flavor! I can't wait until the pureed stage!!!! I want tuna, chicken or egg salad and some super soft veggies with seasoning.
I would love any suggestions!!
My doctor considers cottage cheese a liquid. The fat-free version is surprisingly tasty at this stage!

Sent from my SM-T820 using BariatricPal mobile app

I was told to avoid it because it expands like bread and Pasta and forms a Gummy ball in your stomach. Then that doesn’t leave room for the Protein that will keep you satisfied for longer so you will eat again too soon.
If you do eat it, make it the last of the meal. And if there is a concern about expansion, be sure to cook it with PLENTY of Water so it's fully expanded by the time it reaches your plate.

Sent from my SM-T820 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/22/2019 at 7:37 AM, Jolexis said:

Honestly? I miss Pepsi. I loved the bubbly-ness of it. And REAL sweet tea. The diet tea is ok, but it’s not the same. But I’m finally ok with that. If that makes sense. 🙂

It might interest you to know that sweet tea made with monk fruit/erithritol taste just like it has sugar in it. Wife even drinks it. She has told me it's more expensive but she love cooking and baking with it. No guilt sweetness without the calories and zero on the glycimic index for diabetics. Wife don't even have diabetes. She still bakes for herself, as I stay completely away from processed carbs.

My group has me on liquid for 1 day, puree's for 13 days, now soft food like chicken cooked in broth, tuna, fish soft veggies, etc.. Yesterday is took me all day to eat an avacado with a scoop of tuna and Tomato slices. Yummy

My group has me on liquid for 1 day, puree's for 13 days, now soft food like chicken cooked in broth, tuna, fish soft veggies, etc.. Yesterday is took me all day to eat an avacado with a scoop of tuna and Tomato slices. Yummy

So you only had to do liquids for 1day post-op?

I’ll be the crazy one and admit I miss most of all Celery. I’m never hungry now at all, and have to set a timer to eat or I don’t get all my Protein for the day. I’m 16 days post op of RNY bypass and just now allowed stage 3 purées soft foods. For the past 3 weeks tho I’ve wanted Celery and I can’t say Celery has ever been my big go to food just a snack I’d eat with chicken wings or dip in spinich dip. Nutritionist says it’s because I’m missing the crunch of food, which makes sense. I tried making Celery Soup thinking it would cure me of this infatuation I’m having but I was quite disappointed and upset as not only did it not taste like Celery to me but I wasn’t able to eat it as it just wasn’t what I wanted so I chose to Protein Shake that meal instead. I’ve thought of pureeing some celery but a lil voice in my head tells me it will disappoint me too.😪

I did just have some guacamole for the first time since my surgery, I love guacamole before my surgery but I really love it now and amazingly can eat it without chips, something before had I would never have thought nor dare do. I will say taste buds change after surgery I didn’t know this would happen. Mostly for the good, I can’t stand anything sweet now and find my Protein Shakes to be to sweet and had to get with my nutritionist to modify them to where I wasn’t messing with the nutritional value yet making them less sweet. Plus thank goodness for chicken broth I’ve had to substitute it frequently for my Protein shakes because of being to nauseous from the sweetness of the Protein Drinks.

I thought I was missing food, but then realized it was all In my head. I realized today my arthritis pain has almost vanished! I don’t wake up with pounding headaches from sleep apnea anymore! It’s all been because of this second chance at life!

Every once in awhile I miss Pepsi.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:03 AM, Chardonnay40 said:

Ditto. A good California Cab!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I miss being able in indulge in my wine and whiskey this season. I've been giving bottles away from my bar, surgery is next month. I also stopped buying bread, I love 12 grain bread for any type of toast with butter...oh my goodness, how I miss it already. Pasta dishes from home as well...and I'm going to miss cashews...lol

How could I have missed this one . . . I miss ADVIL!!! Tylenol just doesn't cut it. Some nights I can barely sleep because of hip and shoulder pain. But at least my weight isn't exacerbating the issues.

I miss a big ol’ bacon cheeseburger with grilled onions!
Imma pass out just thinkin’ about it!