Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Social End of WLS is wacky

Gotta admit it is wearing on my nerves big time the social and questions. Went out last night with a girl i have know for years, We ended up at a old stopping ground a place called Rusty\s Bar and grill. I have been there for decades and just know a ton of people who hang there, For the first freakin hours its what happened to you? Are you sick? You don't drink anymore? You in AA? and we are not just talking about a few people had to be like 20. See Monday night is a bar night in Florida so the place was packed and its season now so we are over crowded with people. Complete insanity

Total pain in the Ass after a hour or so i just asked her if we can get out of here, Guess with WLS a lot of things change in your life. Lucky she is a good friend and i only see her during the season when she comes down with the snowbirds, So my goal now is to see everyone i know and get this bu rage of questions and bullshit out of the way so life can go back to normal, or Do i pull a Ted Kisinsky and move to a small cabin i the woods? or even better get serious with a wife? All these choices all due to a Sleeve surgery.

My conclusion is people are a pain in the ass and latch on to something different, Funny thing is most of them are unhealthy, Alcoholics, and lost!

Had no clue getting the sleeve would impact so many other factors in the world, So if i could go back to the decision time to do this Sleeve i still would do it 100% sure of that.

Any little remote cabins for sale out there - people free!

Edited by AJ Tylo
No Reason hit wrong button

Thank you members i will take it - How deep in Montana is it

cabin.jpg

yep it's annoying - but it eventually stops. Most people I run into now have either already seen me at a normal weight, or they never knew me as obese. Still, a couple times a year I'll run into someone who hasn't seen me in several years - but at least it's rare now!

I figured this would happen so I decided to not tell a soul except for my parents and boyfriend who I know I can trust. The comments I've been getting are:

• wow, you look good, what are you doing?
  • is everything ok?
  • are you sick?
  • you don't seem like yourself...
  • why aren't you eating?

Work functions are the worst, especially when there is food involved. I notice people tend to try to get me to eat now. Coworkers will say "one slice of cake wont kill you, just have some!" They're more concerned about me eating vs pre-op. Pre-op i didn't touch pastries or cakes, i would usually be sitting there watching everyone else eat but thats only because Im not a sweets person. No one tried to get me to eat because they knew i didnt like it. Now coworkers are forceful and aggressive. I dont get it smh. It almost seems like they want me to fail or something.

• Rusty's? You must me from P Cola . I love all of the questions. I have gotten drug tested at work because everyone thinks I am on meth because of all of the new energy and weight loss. The only down side is some of the social crowd thinks I am sick or something. But when my drinking buddies ask how I lost all of that weight, I wink and say "cutting alcohol has caused me to loose weight" I can tolerate everything but draft beer.(in moderation of course)

5 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Have a little fun with it and save up for plastics/ vacation/ etc

I figured this would happen so I decided to not tell a soul except for my parents and boyfriend who I know I can trust. The comments I've been getting are:

Wait? I didn't look good before? Staring contest. Don't blink or talk...

• is everything ok?

No, can you help me? Staring contest. Don't blink or talk...

• are you sick?

Yes, I set up a Gofundme, please donate. Hell, actually set one up 😬

So sad no one is donating to my campaign... Staring contest. Don't blink or talk...

• why aren't you eating?

Hunger strike until i reach my campaign goal... Staring contest. Don't blink or talk...

Everyone will leave you alone

Work functions are the worst, especially when there is food involved. I notice people tend to try to get me to eat now. Coworkers will say "one slice of cake wont kill you, just have some!" They're more concerned about me eating vs pre-op. Pre-op i didn't touch pastries or cakes, i would usually be sitting there watching everyone else eat but thats only because Im not a sweets person. No one tried to get me to eat because they knew i didnt like it. Now coworkers are forceful and aggressive. I dont get it smh. It almost seems like they want me to fail or something.

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

36 minutes ago, Michael S said:

I have gotten drug tested at work because everyone thinks I am on meth

Now this is freakin nuts - Actually Rustys in Naples Florida

Hahahaaha, welcome to the world of "9 Days Wonder." This is your 15 minutes of fame. Bask and pull peoples' legs. Have fun. Now that you've "come out." They'll start to ignore you again. :D

AJ and Green, funny responses. I'm going to use those if forced. I love a blank stare and blink. Lmaooooo!

Just now, FluffyChix said:

Hahahaaha, welcome to the world of "9 Days Wonder." This is your 15 minutes of fame. Bask and pull peoples' legs. Have fun. Now that you've "come out." They'll start to ignore you again. :D

I'm a habitual leg puller if you ask for it.

@GreenTealael 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😅😭 Im going to try this out! Especially the staring LOL thats a must!

4 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

• is everything ok?
  • are you sick?
  • why aren't you eating?

Oh i have no problem with sweets because i never really been a sweetie but i have a issue with wanting to eat a potatoe chip i love chips lol but im 4 weeks out now and i won't dare touch 1