Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustration with bariatric team

I completed my requirements on 11/4 and they didn't start reviewing my chart until 11/22. Two weeks have passed and still nothing. I have contacted them twice and they just tell me there isn't any update. So I asked my patient coordinator how long a review typically takes and she said that there isn't a time limit. -_-

Right now, I am dying to get a job. I currently stay home with my 2 year old and I want to get a job, obviously for money but two things are hindering it: 1) I have no set date until my insurance approves (medicaid). 2) I have horrible joint pain and back spasms so I would need an office job of some sort. Part of me wants to just wait it out but I am annoyed because this whole process is making me want to improve every aspect of my life but I can't get a job due to no set surgery date. I don't want to get a job, only to quit in a month or so.

Any pointers? I am so aggravated and needed to rant!

:)

Edited by Billy Bob

2 hours ago, Danielleh said:

I completed my requirements on 11/4 and they didn't start reviewing my chart until 11/22. Two weeks have passed and still nothing. I have contacted them twice and they just tell me there isn't any update. So I asked my patient coordinator how long a review typically takes and she said that there isn't a time limit. -_-

Right now, I am dying to get a job. I currently stay home with my 2 year old and I want to get a job, obviously for money but two things are hindering it: 1) I have no set date until my insurance approves (medicaid). 2) I have horrible joint pain and back spasms so I would need an office job of some sort. Part of me wants to just wait it out but I am annoyed because this whole process is making me want to improve every aspect of my life but I can't get a job due to no set surgery date. I don't want to get a job, only to quit in a month or so.

Any pointers? I am so aggravated and needed to rant!

*Try* to be patient, the approval wait time is a very hard purgatorial period. Trust that since review has begun and you have piped up/asked questions you will not be forgotten. Check in again before the end of the year to make sure you don't slip through the cracks but Nov/Dec are hard months for progress with the holidays.

Good Luck :780_sparkling_heart:

*Try* to be patient, the approval wait time is a very hard purgatorial period. Trust that since review has begun and you have piped up/asked questions you will not be forgotten. Check in again before the end of the year to make sure you don't slip through the cracks but Nov/Dec are hard months for progress with the holidays.
Good Luck :780_sparkling_heart:
I'm trying my hardest to be patient! I'm just so eager to get healthy and get a stable and secure job. I'll definitely check in before the new year. I feel like since I'm using Medicaid and not a private insurance/employer insurance that they're taking their time since I don't have to worry about deductibles and such!

Thanks! [emoji178]

Sent from my SM-A205U using BariatricPal mobile app

Maybe you failed the psychologist evaluation . They use that to deny Medicaid patients when you pass every other test all the time..

Maybe you failed the psychologist evaluation . They use that to deny Medicaid patients when you pass every other test all the time..

I passed it. The psych that my surgeon uses, tells you after your eval if you passed or not. It's just taking them forever to review my chart. We haven't sent it to my Medicaid yet because the team has to approve it to make sure I'm surgery ready, then they send it to my insurance to get approval for surgery. I think it's taking a while due to it being the holidays.

Start being a squeaky wheel. Call your team daily. Maybe even nicely let them know that you are getting annoyed having your life put on hold like this.

Seriously call daily for update. Hopefully they will process you just to stop the calls. You are paying for their service so they work for you.

If it is. Medicaid holding things up, maybe you need to call them. Ask them if there is anything that they lack in order to get you approved.

Edited by Losingit2018

I'm trying my hardest to be patient! I'm just so eager to get healthy and get a stable and secure job. I'll definitely check in before the new year. I feel like since I'm using Medicaid and not a private insurance/employer insurance that they're taking their time since I don't have to worry about deductibles and such!

Thanks!

No probably not. I swear this period of time is a black hole- just check back often. It will happen 💚

I got a message today from the nurse at my surgeon's office saying she was reviewing my labs and saw that my B12 is low. So at least I know they're reviewing my chart! They may be slowing reviewing it, but that's the first update in 2 weeks! Fingers crossed I hear something later this week!

I got a message today from the nurse at my surgeon's office saying she was reviewing my labs and saw that my B12 is low. So at least I know they're reviewing my chart! They may be slowing reviewing it, but that's the first update in 2 weeks! Fingers crossed I hear something later this week!

You got this !

I bugged my insurance almost on the daily after my surgeons office told me they submitted paper work. I was at work and was going to call on my break when my surgeons office called and told me I was approved, it took about 10 days if I recall. I had a very specific timeline I needed to follow and was able to get in on the date I was dead set on in my head even when I thought it wouldn't happen. Keep your head up, it'll all work out.

Update: She called me yesterday because she was about to submit it to my insurance when she realized I needed to do a video session with the dietitian because it was recommended during my psyc eval but for some reason, it was never set up for me to do. So I did that quickly yesterday! The dietitian is excited to work with me and thinks I will do great with the surgery. So now I am just waiting on my patient coordinator to receive the information from my dietitian before she can submit it to my insurance! Fingers crossed that it will be today!

6 hours ago, Danielleh said:

Update: She called me yesterday because she was about to submit it to my insurance when she realized I needed to do a video session with the dietitian because it was recommended during my psyc eval but for some reason, it was never set up for me to do. So I did that quickly yesterday! The dietitian is excited to work with me and thinks I will do great with the surgery. So now I am just waiting on my patient coordinator to receive the information from my dietitian before she can submit it to my insurance! Fingers crossed that it will be today!

Soon, verry soon.