Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else have an "issue" with the fact of seeing their food and having trouble believing you can't finish it all? Maybe it's just me? I see food(even the smallest amount ) and I'm like "wait .. I've never been able to not finish what's on my plate... This is weird to me... And it feels abnormal".. hard to explain [emoji43]

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes!!! Listen to your stomach! Small meals to start. I have been sticking between 1-3oz (Depending on what it is) per meal. 3 X a day I do that and have a Protein Shake (half for now) between.

26 minutes ago, RowdyR3b3l18 said:

Yes!!! Listen to your stomach! Small meals to start. I have been sticking between 1-3oz (Depending on what it is) per meal. 3 X a day I do that and have a Protein Shake (half for now) between.

I need to measure also. What do you use ? And I do eat tiny tiny meals because right now I can't feel the full feeling yet. But even with the tiny amounts , when I don't finish it I'm like "this feels strange because I see the food and I can't finish it "

Edited by Rolltide87

Im 4 months post op and feel the same way. My mind hasn't caught up to my body. Its very weird seeing how little i eat. It almost feels like Im doing something wrong lol My years of overeating is to blame i guess.

4 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Im 4 months post op and feel the same way. My mind hasn't caught up to my body. Its very weird seeing how little i eat. It almost feels like Im doing something wrong lol My years of overeating is to blame i guess.

Exactly! I see how small I ate and I'm like "is something wrong ? How is it that I can eat so little now ?". It hasn't caught up to me yet. Its such a weird feeling and will take some getting use to for sure 🙏

I'm nine months out and on maintenance, and this still happens to me. I'm trying to eat more to increase calories, so I'm taking larger portions than during the weight loss phase. (Mind you, they are still really small compared to the way I used to eat.) I'm surprised at how often I'm unable to eat everything on my plate. I'm having to re-learn portion size now that I'm on maintenance.

Lol - I agree it is weird i make such little portions now and then leave half of that in the plate - Its the mental issue kicking in-

That is why i am the founder of F@#ck food

1 hour ago, AJ Tylo said:

Lol - I agree it is weird i make such little portions now and then leave half of that in the plate - Its the mental issue kicking in-

That is why i am the founder of F@#ck food

Hahaha it messing with my mind I'm like "how did I not finish that ?! What's going on?!" 😂😂

yes. Even 10 months out I can make the same meal I eat multiple times a week that is maybe a 1/2 cup worth of food but sometimes I can't eat that last few bites and I still feel like I should finish the plate. I have to stop and put it away for later or toss it.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:55 AM, 2Bsmaller18 said:

yes. Even 10 months out I can make the same meal I eat multiple times a week that is maybe a 1/2 cup worth of food but sometimes I can't eat that last few bites and I still feel like I should finish the plate. I have to stop and put it away for later or toss it.

Its such an odd feeling. I was with family a couple weekends ago and ate a few soft tomatoes and I was satisfied (it was a birthday party and they had a little snack tray or big food) and my family was like "that's all youre eating?! That was small!". I said "yea lol I'm missing 85 percent of my stomach, I eat small stuff now" 😂💁🏼‍♀️

It’s seeing my small portion on a large (normal sized) dinner plate that gets to me. When at my home I eat from side plates & tapas dishes but when I visit friends or family my small serve looks ridiculous on a dinner plate. It’s like a plate at the end of a meal not the start.

The reverse happens too. Last night I ordered a small piece of fish & a half serve of vegetables at a local pub. OMG the size of the meal was horrifying. The food was almost falling off the plate. I felt sick just looking at it. Could have easily shared it with 10 WLS buddies & we all would have been full.