Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously, who are these people that freely make comments about your body

Wow, I just got manslained. *laughing*

First time I’ve worn one of my half marathon shirts to the gym. (race to robbie creek elevation half marathon) I’m feeling like a bad ass and thought no one could kill my vibe today. A racquetball player in his late 50’s and a substantial beer belly. walked up to me in the weight room. He had no idea that i was obese five years ago.

He said, I can help you lose your mid-section” He tapped my midsection with his hand. I backed up, “oh hell no!” you didn’t just touch me. I told him “I’m working with patty” (she’s a trainer) He gave me a back handed compliment “you are all muscle and making the guys look bad.” What a dumb ass, some people give me motivation to work hard at the gym.

20191206_083343.jpg

20191206_082942.jpg

You look great! Ignore the haters

5 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

He. Touched. You?

source.gif.3ba8cc30ac7292d098e1d9b52b0dbd0e.gif

So. So. Sorry 😔

Crazy, right?

Never touch a woman with PTSD (15 years working in a mens prison) I was ready to toss him to the ground.

people just dont understand personal space !!!! you look awesome i hope you told him to piss off or something good

12 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Crazy, right?

Never touch a woman with PTSD (15 years working in a mens prison) I was ready to toss him to the ground.

Never touch anyone who hasnt given you permission unless its an emergency I thought that was the rules....

I agree as a guy you should have lit his ass up! Now that would have been funny - The gym seems to be a place guys think they can get laid? never worked out for me but they troll the area looking.

This world has lost its mind

I read your post and was shocked, but then I saw your legs--DANG! It's obvious you've been working your a$$ off--literally! Great job!

Oops-I read your thread title and thought maybe I shouldn't have commented on your legs, but I can't not-they are amazing.

So

one of them is me!

Edited by JRT Mom

See.... the b***h in me would have touched his beer-belly and asked..... Should you be working in your conditions? Or i would have asked when was his baby due.... hehehehe.... i really would have

I would have gotten him thrown out of the gym. Sorry that happened to you.

4 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

I agree as a guy you should have lit his ass up! Now that would have been funny - The gym seems to be a place guys think they can get laid? never worked out for me but they troll the area looking.

This world has lost its mind

I’m lucky that my gym is family friendly. Not many gym creepers. I don’t think this guy was hitting on me. He was straight up ready to tell me how to diet and workout.

Some time I'm clueless when it comes to men. Love to hear a guys perspective on things.

4 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

I read your post and was shocked, but then I saw your legs--DANG! It's obvious you've been working your a$$ off--literally! Great job!

Oops-I read your thread title and thought maybe I shouldn't have commented on your legs, but I can't not-they are amazing.

So

one of them is me!

Wow! you are one.😉

Most of us get these random comments from people. I just haven’t had one in a LONG time. It happened much more when I was in weight loss phase.

after 80 pounds down, I walked by a secretary sitting at her desk. She reached out and gabbed my thigh and said “you are so little” We don’t even BBQ together and she was latched on to my leg *laughing*

4 minutes ago, JessLess said:

I would have gotten him thrown out of the gym. Sorry that happened to you.

I've experience worse things in life.

He just caught me off guard. I left the gym thinking, did that just happen? Weird moment.

3 hours ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

See.... the b***h in me would have touched his beer-belly and asked..... Should you be working in your conditions? Or i would have asked when was his baby due.... hehehehe.... i really would have

You are hilarious and twisted. Love it.

From

2 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

I’m lucky that my gym is family friendly. Not many gym creepers. I don’t think this guy was hitting on me. He was straight up ready to tell me how to diet and workout.

Some time I'm clueless when it comes to men. Love to hear a guys perspective on things.

From a man's point of view," that was wrong!" That was clearly a pick up line. Never ever touch a total stranger. He was clearly intimidated by you and had to be an Alpha Male by telling (or showing you ) how to diet and work out. Just my two cents.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches