Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I have realized...

Today I have realized that this surgery really does play with your hormones and your mind. No matter how much you prepare for it Like I was definitely not prepared for this no matter the Months of consulting and going to the nutritionist. Depression with the sleeve is really ****. Anyone else feeling like this?

There is transient depression as we heal. For no reason, you might wake up depressed, or have it descend upon you.

It's important to know it's temporary and has a physical derivation caused by fluctuating hormones released from your fat as you lose weight, or as a result of anesthesia and having someone inside you messing with your guts. (Your guts produce neurohormones that regulate mood.)

Hang in there. Deep breathe, drink LOTS of Water, do comedy therapy on Netflix, walk a LOT, get outside into sunshine and nature, hug someone hard for a long time! Smile to your reflection in the mirror, get enough sleep, eat your Protein and veg and all will be well in your world soon.

You are 100% correct - See my long post on how i crashed. It is hard and some take it harder, Just got help and get back on track, I did it was not easy and i will say there are times i get confused about my decision.

But look at it as i do .... We both would be dead shortly from some Fat Related disease, We both were not happy with our body/ and life sucked when we were unhealthy - So no way in hell now that we have busted our asses to get healthy are we letting a little mind games mess with us!

Game on Mind - I will win

10 hours ago, Isabelmonster said:

Today I have realized that this surgery really does play with your hormones and your mind. No matter how much you prepare for it Like I was definitely not prepared for this no matter the Months of consulting and going to the nutritionist. Depression with the sleeve is really ****. Anyone else feeling like this?

i cant speak for anyone else yes depression is a big part of why i was obese and tried to hide behind it for 40 some years anyone who knew me would say i was very comfortable in my own skin as an obese man and very confident almost cocky it has taken so much head work and redirection of emotion to keep this going with out falling into old habits and going backwards

ps i was never really comfortable in my own skin still working on that daily

I had the depression too for the first month or two. I was crying everyday wondering why I did this to myself and asking myself why I couldn't just lose the weight the natural way. My recovery was worse than the average and that didnt help the depression either. Eventually the feeling will go away and you it will all start to make sense. Its probably hard to see that now but trust that you will be more than ok.

This thread is exactly what I’m looking for. I’ve always battled depression with appropriate treatments, but this is a new level I haven’t experienced. I think what is so bad is the weakness/fatigue I have daily even with getting in Vitamins and short walk around the house. But, I’m also struggling with the soft food stage. I’ve only been able to tolerate cottage cheese and a super tiny amount of wet ground beef with cheese. Everything else comes up even if I chew to apple sauce consistency. (I can tolerate apple sauce though). :/. I’m 5 weeks post GS and would appreciate hearing similar stories and/or encouragement.

3 minutes ago, Silvernova said:

This thread is exactly what I’m looking for. I’ve always battled depression with appropriate treatments, but this is a new level I haven’t experienced. I think what is so bad is the weakness/fatigue I have daily even with getting in Vitamins and short walk around the house. But, I’m also struggling with the soft food stage. I’ve only been able to tolerate cottage cheese and a super tiny amount of wet ground beef with cheese. Everything else comes up even if I chew to apple sauce consistency. (I can tolerate apple sauce though). :/. I’m 5 weeks post GS and would appreciate hearing similar stories and/or encouragement.

I wasn’t able to tolerate anything. I was lucky if I could get Water down. I ended up living off of watermelon for 3 months straight. There was no such thing as Protein at the time. It will improve though. Your body is probably still in a state of shock like mines was. Time is all you need ❤️