Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 months out and down 100lbs (same as my 6 month update) but the inches are coming off. My size 38 jeans that I bought a month ago are too loose and Im into 36s for the first time since my senior year of high school. I can say my mind doesnt revolve around the surgery or weight loss like it did. Before I put any food or drink into my mouth I do have that immediate reminder. Occasionally my eyes are bigger than my stomach but the sleeve stops me. I have the occasional Snacks here and there but I keep it in check and sizing is tiny. Still not exercising as much as I should and I continue to be frustrated with my self for failing at this.

At this point I would be happy to see 1lb a week so I am at goal weight by March but if this is the end of the road I know the only way lower will be to exercise more regularly.

For you veterans out there is this what maintenance mode feels like?

Congrats!

This is awesome and very similar to what I hope to have happen but I'd love to be under 250 at 7 months for a trip to Hawaii!!

1 hour ago, Brent701 said:

7 months out and down 100lbs (same as my 6 month update) but the inches are coming off. My size 38 jeans that I bought a month ago are too loose and Im into 36s for the first time since my senior year of high school. I can say my mind doesnt revolve around the surgery or weight loss like it did. Before I put any food or drink into my mouth I do have that immediate reminder. Occasionally my eyes are bigger than my stomach but the sleeve stops me. I have the occasional Snacks here and there but I keep it in check and sizing is tiny. Still not exercising as much as I should and I continue to be frustrated with my self for failing at this.

At this point I would be happy to see 1lb a week so I am at goal weight by March but if this is the end of the road I know the only way lower will be to exercise more regularly.

For you veterans out there is this what maintenance mode feels like?

You are not failing. 100 pounds down in seven months. It's fantastic that you are in size 36. Are you experiencing diet burn out or feeling the honeymoon phase is over?

Think of where you want to be at your first-year mark. Weight loss slows down as you progress out. The last pounds are the hardest to lose. It's frustrating but it can be done. 1-pound loss a week is fine.

Does this feel like maintaining? If feels similar to me.

The work does not end after goal. I’m five years out. I maintain a ten-pound bounce range up and down the scale. I indulge within reason. I eat in weight loss mode to work off a slight gain. It's still frustratingly slow to work the scale down.

Good job

Congratulations!!

thanks everyone. The other thing worth adding that has changed in the past month or so is that hunger has been ever so slowly returning. The weight came off so effortlessly at first but now it feels like a real grind. Of course nothing worth anything ever comes easy and I know that means I am going to have to work at the exercise part.

Another Monday where the scale isnt moving. I am a bit surprised given the level of strenuous activity from the weekend. Its very hard to stay on plan when I have hit such a major roadblock. The first 100lbs were effortless the weight was just falling off but the past 2 months I have been between 258-263.

another week but same story. I thought this was going to be the week the scale finally started to move again but still stagnant in the same 5 lb range for the past 2 months. Actually up 2lbs from last Monday. I eat nowhere near the calories required to maintain this weight yet my body resists. I even managed to incorporate some additional exercise this past week but still nothing. In past this would be the point I would become overcome with frustration and self destruct. Fortunately this time I dont have those feelings and I have the sleeve as a tool to stop me should I even attempt it. Below is the updated progress chart.

image.thumb.png.0c83e4fe6c92951a9516fc8e464cf0ef.png

What are you doing each day? food and exercise wise? What cals/macros and a sample menu. Maybe we can spot some things?

I will tell you, had I not done IF for the last 30-40lbs, I don't know that I would have made my goal.

Im at around 1000-1400 calories per day I only closely track the Protein which comes in at around 100g per day. I have emailed my nut for additional feedback.

I have the occasional cheat but when I do calories at closer to the 1400 side of it.

Exercising 2 days a week for 30 minutes. I lost the first 100 doing zero exercise.

I'm sure your RD will have some helpful inspiration. Stay the course. Stalls are maddening. But you will break through! I personally think you have to switch things up a little when they happen.

What exactly does switch it up mean? Its often used and little understood term.

Sunday will be 8 months and the scale still isnt moving. The honeymoon is over and what started out as a mild annoyance progressed into frustration but now I am just fckng pssed off! Im 35lbs from "goal" but I still have a big belly.

Hi @Brent701:

Your calorie intake seems like weight loss cals for someone of your height (especially being a male).

If you aren't doing so already, try cutting out or greatly reducing your carbs, doing so will definitely (and quickly) make a difference on the scale. Mind you, the first few pounds of loss will be primarily made up of Water weight, but seeing the scale go down is a great motivator (and will help with the frustration you are feeling).

And like Fluffy mentioned above, many members on this board have found success with one IF strategy or another.

And of course the basics: drink lots of water, get enough sleep, get in regular exercise. Being a dude, you would also statistically benefit from from some weight training...

Good Luck!

P.S. you look great! Don't forget you've done awesomely to get to where you are.

Edited by ms.sss