Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone eat Protein bars instead of protein drink?

It would be very hard to find one comparable in nutrition. If you choose to do this, be sure to check the sugar content. Most Protein Bars are glorified candy bars.

6 hours ago, BQT said:

Any recommendations for a Protein bar that is comparable in nutrition? Thanks!

You won't find a Protein bar that's comparable to the almost-protein-only drinks. Not even the most shitty-tasting bars have comparable nutritional values.

It depends on how much fat and carbohydrates you're willing to accept as an addition to the bars and of course on personal taste if you're going to find a good or at least decent tasting bar.

The bars I eat occasionally would be ripped apart by the bariatric food police anyway so I'm not even trying to recommend them, lol.

11 hours ago, BQT said:

I’m finally in the phase where I’m only required one Protein Drink a day , does anyone eat a Protein Bar instead? Any recommendations for a Protein bar that is comparable in nutrition? Thanks!

I don't, they're much too heavy, and the number of calories is a huge turn off.

If I'm in a pinch and can't get a decent meal -mostly while traveling- I will grab a Quest bar (I only like 2 of them 😳) or Muscle Milk (non dairy) because I can find them almost everywhere.

If I plan ahead I can pack a Premier Protein shake or Great Value (candy style) Protein bar and keep it around.

I try to do both because sometimes you want to drink and sometimes you want to eat.

Otherwise real food.

Good Luck 💚

6 hours ago, Dances with Carbs said:

If u only eat 400 to 600 hundred calories a day of nothing but Protein, I dont forsee your end of day carbs of 22 grams really causing an issue.

Many users on here do see an issue with 22 g of carbohydrates or an even less amount and I personally think of this as kind of disturbing.

I need to hit my macros and Protein bars help immensely. Here is something that will give the food police an apoplexy; I eat on average two protein bars a day. Can't stand shakes, never have. If I don't have the protein bars, I'll do the protein cakes. Once you get to maintenance and if you have an active lifestyle, your carbs and protein intake should be about the same.

18 hours ago, BigViffer said:

I need to hit my macros and Protein Bars help immensely. Here is something that will give the food police an apoplexy; I eat on average two Protein bars a day. Can't stand shakes, never have. If I don't have the Protein bars, I'll do the protein cakes. Once you get to maintenance and if you have an active lifestyle, your carbs and protein intake should be about the same.

Yeah, working out being very active makes a huge difference here.

These are the best bars I have had. Plenty of flavors. There are people I know who don't like the consistency (gelatin) but the nutrition info is great on these

https://builtbar.com/pages/nutrition

comparison_nutrition_pg_dt.jpg?19516