Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bypass Surgery March 2020

CONGRATS & GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! - Those who've done WLS & those getting ready to!
Well, this is surgery #2 for me. The lapband was done in 2001 @405lbs. It was removed in 2017 after causing complications @297lbs. I started this new journey at 364.4lbs and now at 340. I have 15lbs more to lose for surgery. I'm looking forward to a healthier life. #WillNotQuit
Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

CONGRATS & GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! - Those who've done WLS & those getting ready to!
Well, this is surgery #2 for me. The lapband was done in 2001 @405lbs. It was removed in 2017 after causing complications @297lbs. I started this new journey at 364.4lbs and now at 340. I have 15lbs more to lose for surgery. I'm looking forward to a healthier life. #WillNotQuit

Sorry, I think this is in the wrong forum🤷🏾‍♀️ #Newbie

No, this is the right forum. :) i'm either a March or April bypass. Welcome to BariatricPal. It is a great forum with lots of wonderfully supportive people. I look forward to getting to know you.

Thanks and congrats and good luck to you too!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I too am new to this Gastric Bypass journey. Throughout Thanksgiving I watched the quantity of what I ate, but it included the usual holiday carbs: potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, all the things I will never eat again after Bypass surgery next March or April. Thinking about WHAT I ate and how much I enjoyed it, scared the crap out of me. I found myself having mini-panic attacks about my decision and whether or not I will be disciplined about WHAT I eat and WHY I eat. I KNOW that I am making the RIGHT decision, but I'm really scared.

I read some of the forum threads of people who are on the same path and it helped especially learning about the pre-surgery diet. I ordered some Protein Shakes and I am going to start to transition to the post-surgery liquid diet that will be necessary. If I can master it now not only will I lose weight but I hope it will make it easier after surgery. Threads about cravings and appetites returning with a vengeance after surgery REALLY CONCERNED me. I thought that having the majority of the stomach bypassed and the Ghrelin hormone removed from the hunger equation would end those issues COMPLETELY and eternally?? Now it seems like that's not the case?

This surgery gives obese patients, like me, a new lease on life...it's a life changing metamorphosis. I need to come to terms with how important this is for me (healthwise) and find a level of discipline regarding food that I have only ever tapped into two times in my 60 years of life. How do you tap into your own confidence in your ability to make a lifelong commitment? And, do people who have GPS put the weight back on 24 months out or longer?

Sehorse Gal,

Im scheduled for bypass on March 5, 2020. I have gone ahead and bought the supplies on Amazon as well. Im getting Nervous and Excited as well. I know I am doing the right thing, I want to extend my life for my children, as I am a single parent. Keep me posted on your journey as I will be at the same stage as you!

KSMermaid

I'm scheduled for my bypass revision (like you, my second surgery after a sleeve 3 years ago) in early March. Good luck!