Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Post Sleeve Thanksgiving Meals?

Hi All,

Happy Thanksgiving. This is my first since VSG on 11/11. Curious what everyone ate today?

Since I’m still on liquids, my Thanksgiving meal was a custom creamy Tomato Soup I made using Rao’s Tomato sauce, Ricotta cheese, Half &Half and Parmigiana cheese. Combined all through my Nutribullet and then cooked in a saucepan. Satisfying and filling. Topped of the rest of the day with some Protein Shakes and I was all good.

The most surprising part of this journey is that I neither felt deprived, nor craved the “traditional” Thanksgiving meal I had become accustomed to since I was a kid (49 now).

Very thankful for this site and all of you who helped me through the doubt and confusion in the weeks leading up to my surgery.

Definitely the best decision I have ever made!

I’m currently down 19lbs since my surgery and I feel great.

Looking forward to seeing your Thanksgiving meals too!

image-0.009059906005859375.jpg

16 minutes ago, InterceptorNYC said:

Hi All,

Happy Thanksgiving. This is my first since VSG on 11/11. Curious what everyone ate today?

Since I’m still on liquids, my Thanksgiving meal was a custom creamy Tomato Soup I made using Rao’s Tomato sauce, Ricotta cheese, Half &Half and Parmigiana cheese. Combined all through my Nutribullet and then cooked in a saucepan. Satisfying and filling. Topped of the rest of the day with some Protein Shakes and I was all good.

The most surprising part of this journey is that I neither felt deprived, nor craved the “traditional” Thanksgiving meal I had become accustomed to since I was a kid (49 now).

Very thankful for this site and all of you who helped me through the doubt and confusion in the weeks leading up to my surgery.

Definitely the best decision I have ever made!

I’m currently down 19lbs since my surgery and I feel great.

Looking forward to seeing your Thanksgiving meals too!

image-0.009059906005859375.jpg

I had a very small portion of ham, mashed potatoes, and some corn and potato casserole.

Had sleeve 9/23. I planned what I would need to bring for Thanksgiving. Only thing that I could eat was dark meat turkey which was delicious & no problem going down. Since I couldn’t eat regular cranberry due to sugar I brought sugar free Smucker’s raspberry preserves. Made & brought riced cauliflower/broccoli with cheese sauce. Added some Parmesan & delicious. For dessert I brought Sugar Free Chocolate pudding. Totally satisfied. I’ve lost 35 pounds & feeling good.

Mostly I had turkey, but I also had a small spoon of green bean casserole, sugar free sweet potato casserole (not the best), mashed potatoes/gravy, and stuffing. I ended up eating a spoon of each. Then and hour later I had 2 bites of pumpkin pie with sugar free whipped topping. Oh, and we all had a glass of stout craft beer (barley any carbonation, I didn't even burp lol) Hope everyone had a great day!

I had 4oz turkey a tsp mashed potatoes tsp of stuffing . Only finished the turkey and felt as full as all previous Thanksgiving. Hubbys bday tiny slice of ice cream cake.

You didn’t get sick from ice cream cake?

7 hours ago, Meadow76 said:

You didn’t get sick from ice cream cake?

Crazily no. I have been really lucky I have not had an adverse reaction to anything yet. very thankful! 🙏🏻👍🏻

antipasto to start, which I had 1 shrimp, eggplant, cheese, salami, olive and broccoli rabe about 2 hrs later a small portion of bariatric butternut squash Soup then an hour later 1 slice of turkey with a spoonful of stuffing, sweet potato, broccoli cheese casserole, creamed spinach and then an extra spoon of stuffing (first time having bread) and a few hours later a sliver of bariatric pumpkin pie. BEST MEAL since surgery. I skipped the crackers, biscuts, cranberries and other sides.