Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months post op- Nervous! Need your experience!

Hello! I am 6 months post op. I actually had my 6 month PO appointment today and the PA was really pleased with my progress.

I however have this terrible fear that I am done losing and I communicated this with my doc.

She said, that there's no way that I am done losing, I lost 16lbs since my last appointment.

My scale hasn't moved this week. :(

I've started battling Constipation again, which always causes my weight to stall.

Anyways. When did you notice a big slow down? And did you still slowly lose after 6 months? I still hope to lose another 30lbs.

1. I am stalled at 3 months,,,, Hang in there!

It will happen. Stick with your plan and keep your exercise going.

I had several stalls along the way. And yes, weight loss slows down quite a bit after the first six months. But I kept losing, slowly but surely, until was about 20 months out. I freaked out with every stall, too - I thought I was done losing - but no....

At that stage, I broke many stalls by increasing my calories slightly if I was exercising. I'm still losing after a year.

Just now, JessLess said:

At that stage, I broke many stalls by increasing my calories slightly if I was exercising. I'm still losing after a year.

I think I'm going to mess around with my intake a little bit. My surgeons office stresses low carb. Literaly no corn, potatoes,or peas. I think I need a a little carbs. I'll do complex carbs.

I stay consistently below 60g of carbs, usually below 50.

I also feel very... unsatisfied food wise. I really want more vegetables, but I've got no room after protien. I think veggies would help with the Constipation.

26 minutes ago, Fazzini Bee said:

I think I'm going to mess around with my intake a little bit. My surgeons office stresses low carb. Literaly no corn, potatoes,or peas. I think I need a a little carbs. I'll do complex carbs.

I stay consistently below 60g of carbs, usually below 50.

I also feel very... unsatisfied food wise. I really want more vegetables, but I've got no room after protien. I think veggies would help with the constipation.

Follow your plan, whatever that is. A LOT of us deal with Constipation - it's a lifelong "thing" for many of us. It's due to the high Protein diet plus a couple of the supplements many of us take (namely, Calcium and Iron - which are notorious for backing people up). Many of us take a capful of Miralax every day to deal with it - some take stool softeners, SmoothMove tea, or eat prunes every day. Figure out what "works" for you to keep on top of it. I take daily Miralax. Even with that, I still get "backed up" once or twice a month, so when I do, I take Milk of Magnesia for a night or two to get things moving again.

Edited by catwoman7

7 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

Follow your plan, whatever that is. A LOT of us deal with constipation - it's a lifelong "thing" for many of us. It's due to the high Protein diet plus a couple of the supplements many of us take (namely, Calcium and Iron - which are notorious for backing people up). Many of us take a capful of Miralax every day to deal with it - some take stool softeners, SmoothLax tea, or eat prunes every day. Figure out what "works" for you to keep on top of it. I take daily Miralax. Even with that, I still get "backed up" once or twice a month, so when I do, I take Milk of Magnesia for a night or two to get things moving again.

I definitely take miralax daily. Occasionally stool softeners.

The weird thing is that I'm regular 99% of the time, then BAM, I've got a blockage. It is always unexpected and irritating as hell!

2 minutes ago, Fazzini Bee said:

I definitely take miralax daily. Occasionally stool softeners.

The weird thing is that I'm regular 99% of the time, then BAM, I've got a blockage. It is always unexpected and irritating as hell!

yep - happens to me as well! I always have a bottle of Milk of Magnesia on hand which I have to use a couple of times a month, in spite of the daily Miralax. At least it works!

I had a stall for few days so I just upped my Protein a little bit and it worked