Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 11 months out Dec 12th will be my one year mark and I have lost 176 pounds and I have another goal to reach before jan 7th I'm to lose another 27 pounds puts me at 190 my goal weight is 150 but I feel I'm struggling more I'm not gaining but I feel like I'm at a stand still and I want to eat alot more than I am I was only eating 500 calories but I wasn't losing so I bumped up to 1200 calories and I cant even get close to that now so actually what should I do.gor some reason I want to eat sugary things and breads stuff I know I shouldn't please some advice would help greatly..

Totally impressed with the weight loss - Sugar is a addiction - Just google it -

You for sure nailed the weight loss so the sugar thing should be easy for you

176 lbs in a year is A TON of weight loss - well above average. Congratulations!

I was eating around 1000-1200 calories a day after the one year mark. I did continue to lose into year 2 (I think I stopped losing at about 20 months out), but it was DEADLY slow. Like maybe 2 or 3 lbs a month. But I totally expected that - weight loss slows down considerably once you get close to goal. I'd just keep up with what you're doing - you may drop a few more lbs. And ignore the sugar and bread cravings!!! I really stuck to my plan until I hit maintenance - and I'm sure that's why I was able to lose all of my excess weight.

2 hours ago, sstormer72 said:

so I bumped up to 1200 calories and I cant even get close to that now so actually what should I do. <for> some reason I want to eat sugary things and breads stuff I know I shouldn't please some advice would help greatly..

When you bumped up your cals, you likely increased sugar and carbs? I've heard/read (and experienced myself) that sugar begets sugar. When you introduce sugar/carbs regularly into your diet (especially after avoiding it for so long), you are going to crave it more.

To tame the cravings, you can try removing/reducing your sugar/carb intake. There may be a hump you will need to go through though, which may be challenging.

Good Luck ❤️

55 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

176 lbs in a year is A TON of weight loss - well above average. Congratulations!

I was eating around 1000-1200 calories a day after the one year mark. I did continue to lose into year 2 (I think I stopped losing at about 20 months out), but it was DEADLY slow. Like maybe 2 or 3 lbs a month. But I totally expected that - weight loss slows down considerably once you get close to goal. I'd just keep up with what you're doing - you may drop a few more lbs. And ignore the sugar and bread cravings!!! I really stuck to my plan until I hit maintenance - and I'm sure that's why I was able to lose all of my excess weight.

Is my maintenance my goal weight

3 minutes ago, sstormer72 said:

Is my maintenance my goal weight

yes

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Amazing!

Again, Wow!

4 hours ago, sstormer72 said:

I am 11 months out Dec 12th will be my one year mark and I have lost 176 pounds and I have another goal to reach before jan 7th I'm to lose another 27 pounds puts me at 190 my goal weight is 150 but I feel I'm struggling more I'm not gaining but I feel like I'm at a stand still and I want to eat alot more than I am I was only eating 500 calories but I wasn't losing so I bumped up to 1200 calories and I cant even get close to that now so actually what should I do.gor some reason I want to eat sugary things and breads stuff I know I shouldn't please some advice would help greatly..

Perhaps look into the Keto /low carb /sugar free substitutes so you can still have a little flexibility and feel no guilt when you incorporate the items.

Not sure if it applies but diet fatigue and burnout is real and sometimes you have to fight the battle.

Good Luck 💚

Edited by GreenTealael

What is your exercise regimen?At 1200 cal,you should still lose weight no matter what.

Sent from my LGMP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

23 hours ago, sstormer72 said:

You just may want to go back to sugar free items like Jello, popsicles, etc. just so you can have the sweet taste without all the calories and addiction. I have to honestly say that I can't stand anything too sweet anymore. Sugar no longer appeals to my tastebuds. Good luck to you.