Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crazy personal question

So I was having a conversation with a coworker about breast size. She is aware that I am dieting...but that's all. Anyway I shared with her that I was a size 36C before I got pregnant and then started to gain weight 4 years ago. Now I'm in a 48DDD. Yes triple D's. She informed me that I would never be back lower than a DD with sagging boobs. I thought that was a horrible thing to say which is why I didn't share that I had WLS with her to begin with. What she said hurt my feelings a bit. Whatever happened to encouragement. Isn't that free?

Sent from my LM-X420 using BariatricPal mobile app

That's awful that you had to deal with that!

Edited by lvidacovich

6 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

That type of hateful ignorance is most commonly displayed by Democrats . Puck her.

2 hours ago, lvidacovich said:

Pretty sure you meant Republicans - for examples see: womens right to choose, border walls, trans bathroom laws. Lotta hateful ignorance over there bud.

1 hour ago, catwoman7 said:

good Lord - what on God's green earth does this have to do with politics? Can we PLEASE give up this partisanship crap? Tired of it. I don't want to read about it on a bariatric surgery forum, of all places...

You guys (and dolls) ! I think this was just a mistype!

What I believe was meant - truly meant was Democrates, a Pythagorean philosopher, to which a collection of moral maxims, called the Golden Sentences are often attributed and were written in the Ionic dialect, which is often confused (mostly by high schoolers) with the iambic pentameter, a favorite writing construct used for the great sonnets by William Shakespeare, who also wrote A Midsummer Night's Dream, in which Puck was a main player.

No other explanation. Simple misunderstanding 😬

bcf.png.278c37df09975d3efb12b0660b57838b.png

Edited by GreenTealael

28 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

good Lord - what on God's green earth does this have to do with politics? Can we PLEASE give up this partisanship crap? Tired of it. I don't want to read about it on a bariatric surgery forum, of all places...

I removed my comment and reported him. We'll see if it does anything.

I would not worry about it. You may be fine or If by chance they would sag and you had skin irritations...maybe your insurance would cover a breast lift. Just go with the flow and do what you need to do. Sounds like it was a mean comment made out of jealousy or to put you down to make her feel better about herself. Some people like to give those little digs.. I have a friend like that it gets old.

My plan to try to avoid some "saggage" is to increase my pectoral exercises. I have no idea whether that will help, but I figure it certainly can't hurt. I can't imagine having someone say that to me either. If she wasn't joking, and since you've not come back to say she was, I'll assume she wasn't, I have to wonder what kind of friend she really is.

Is she a work friend or a home friend? I find work friends tend to think they know me so much more than they actually do, and home friends, usually have the tact not to say something like that. Either way, I'm sorry you had to go through that hurtful statement.

11 hours ago, Lynnbushea said:

So I was having a conversation with a coworker about breast size. She is aware that I am dieting...but that's all. Anyway I shared with her that I was a size 36C before I got pregnant and then started to gain weight 4 years ago. Now I'm in a 48DDD. Yes triple D's. She informed me that I would never be back lower than a DD with sagging boobs. I thought that was a horrible thing to say which is why I didn't share that I had WLS with her to begin with. What she said hurt my feelings a bit. Whatever happened to encouragement. Isn't that free?

Sent from my LM-X420 using BariatricPal mobile app

Large breasts are a blessing and a curse. Some of us are lucky and skin bounces back, others embrace it or have plastics.

Be prepared to be offended as you rapidly lose weight. People will freely make comments about your body. Conversations may revolve around your weight loss for a while.

Inappropriate and hilarious comments make my day. Please share your experiences as they happen.

yes we are talking about my favorite subject boobs big small saggy or flat who cares they are still boobies sorry ladies just one of my favorite subjects lol now on a more serious note that was a very rude comment to say to a friend truly sorry she stated that

I've lost 60 pounds (40 pre surgery, 20 after). I hate to say it, but my boobs are already saggy, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be one of those people whose boobs goes to the ground. Despite the saggyness, my husband still acts like they are God's gift to creation, so it's not necessarily a problem for most other people.

Despite that, I would be hurt to hear it - especially coming from a friend/coworker. That's a back handed method of showing support for what you are going through. Some people don't know how to support others, and I'm sorry you had to be on the receiving end.

Here's what you do

giphy.gif

Edited by nenes78
fixed image

when i first started my journey back in 2009 with the band. I was 232lbs with 44G/H boobs. Lost 89lbs and went to a 34H. My boobs stayed exactly the same, my band changed 10".

Lost the band in 2017, had gone up to a 36H..... fast forward, revised to sleeve 8/28/19.....back to the 34H.

Yes the sag a little, but the nips are still looking forward and not at my toes.