Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this page. Had sleeve done 11/15/19

Had sleeve 9/23. I had Constipation Forever! When I did go every 3 days hurt like anything. Got ok to continue with my sugar free Metamucil that I drink every AM. Then for couple of days took full dosage of 3 tablets of stool softener- NOT laxative. Now I take daily dosage of 1 tablet every night. So much better. And of course I‘m now able to add a little vegetables when I eat my Protein. Just remember 1st 3 months toughest. It will get better. You will feel & look better before you know it!

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Hi! My VSG recovery was terrible. Pain level was horrific but in about 1.5 months it was like I never had surgery at all! Hang tight, Love. Relief soon 💝

I'm glad I'm not alone !! Thanks for your post!

My pain was strong the first day but very minimal now. My surgery was the 18th. I have been a side sleeper for years, but since my surgery I lie flat on my back and feel great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, ColoradoCanuck said:

My pain was strong the first day but very minimal now. My surgery was the 18th. I have been a side sleeper for years, but since my surgery I lie flat on my back and feel great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I've had to learn to sleep on my sides.. it's been hard to get use too lol I'm use to sleeping on my belly 😵

Hey Crystal! I hope you’re starting to feel better! My surgery is 12/16 and I’m nervous about the pain. I’m glad you posted this because people have given great tips that I can use!

17 hours ago, Rolltide87 said:

I've had to learn to sleep on my sides.. it's been hard to get use too lol I'm use to sleeping on my belly 😵

I'm a belly sleeper, too! I called my doctor and asked when I could resume sleeping on my belly - he just gave me permission. I slept so well last night...

I'm a side sleeper and I used a tiny pillow against the most painful incision and that worked out pretty well for me.

Funny thing, though, when I was in the hospital, my surgeon put a local anesthetic in the place where they pulled out the stomach. Felt no pain there and was feeling like "wow, no pain, I'm home free!" When I got home, though, that incision let me know under no uncertain terms that "here's where your stomach came out, feel that?" Too funny.

3 hours ago, eporter said:

Hey Crystal! I hope you’re starting to feel better! My surgery is 12/16 and I’m nervous about the pain. I’m glad you posted this because people have given great tips that I can use!

Hi! Congrats ! I've found that more people haven't experienced what I've experienced. But few have had the same . I hope yours goes smoothly ! Good luck!! Definitely use what people have posted, to ensure your covered on all pain level aspects and healing 💕

1 hour ago, GothGal said:

I'm a side sleeper and I used a tiny pillow against the most painful incision and that worked out pretty well for me.

Funny thing, though, when I was in the hospital, my surgeon put a local anesthetic in the place where they pulled out the stomach. Felt no pain there and was feeling like "wow, no pain, I'm home free!" When I got home, though, that incision let me know under no uncertain terms that "here's where your stomach came out, feel that?" Too funny.

Lol ugh the body is like "oh hey this is how you really feel now that you're home and no meds. Enjoy!" 😂

1 hour ago, Rolltide87 said:

Hi! Congrats ! I've found that more people haven't experienced what I've experienced. But few have had the same . I hope yours goes smoothly ! Good luck!! Definitely use what people have posted, to ensure your covered on all pain level aspects and healing 💕

Thank you!

Welcome! I’m scheduled for Dec 9th. It’s a process. Just rest and monitor

Good luck!

Welcome, Crystal. Like you, I had my sleeve done on the 18th, 3 days after yours. The pain was incredible due to the gas pains after the surgery. When I told one of my nurses that I was really in pain and have been unable to pass gas or belch, she fixed an ice bag and had me place it on my left side while she covered me with a very warm blanket. That seemed to do the trick and I was finally able to pass some of the gas. Gas-X helped with the rest. After I was released, I took a comforter and placed my pillows on it to simulate the head of the bed being raised. The first few nights, I had trouble sleeping for more than a couple hours at a time until my brain realized I didn't have nurses waking me up constantly. Make sure you are walking whenever you can. This will help with the pain and its reduction.

Edited by Virginia B.

On 11/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, Sunshine Diggity said:

I haven't had a BM in 15 days.

Hi @Sunshine Diggity, this may be the cause of your recent back pain (and some of your abdominal pain)

15 days without a BM is too long. You may want to take some immediate measures to get the literal sh*t out of you! Can you call your PCP for some guidance?

P.S. All the pain meds are also most likely contributing to your Constipation 🤗

On 11/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, Sunshine Diggity said:

The weirdest thing of all is I'm 2 weeks out and I am still not hungry. I did have a dream about pizza though lol.

Not weird at all. I didn't feel hunger until my 3-4th week or so. I'd go into Mom's kitchen right after she baked a cake & yes, it smelled delish - but I wasn't interested in or wished for it either! That sure made things easier!