Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 and Feel Great!

Started my 2 week “liquid” diet Wednesday. I am allowed 1 Egg per day, 4 Protein Shakes, 1 Serving of NF plain Yogurt, and unlimited broth, sf Jello etc.

I am not gonna gonna lie the first 3 days were horrible! I even had a small pretzel stick on the second day.

Today I was quite shocked though to wake up and not be able to finish my broth. I have been having Protein shakes and jello but I am nowhere near as hungry as I was and have tons more energy.

Do you think I am over the hump? Is this normal? Also lost about 15lbs in same timeframe 😮

Did they say anything about the holiday? Do you still have to stick to the diet? Mine will start christmas week. 😢

yes - things got a lot better for me after about the third day. I think it's because your body goes into ketosis then.

12 hours ago, ShawnaDonna said:

Did they say anything about the holiday? Do you still have to stick to the diet? Mine will start christmas week. 😢

Yes! Holiday time is your time to SHINE! You have to plan ahead and know exactly what you are going to eat. I remember during my first month, I had to cook and host several family meals - including a full out Mexican buffet. I just sipped my broth, telling myself, "I can't have any of this food yet, but I will have it later down the road."

Remember that everyone else is going to regretfully gain weight during the holidays, but you will LOSE! No New Year regrets for you!

13 hours ago, ShawnaDonna said:

you have to stick to the plan, even on holidays, unfortunately!

22 hours ago, ShawnaDonna said:

Yes! You have to stick to it! They asked me to make sure I was gonna be able to do this with thanksgiving I was like absolutely. My wife and I will be working anyway. Come Christmas I may be able to have soft food but don’t expect more than 4oz. Surprisingly my doctor does allow you to move to soft foods after surgery if everything goes well and you can tolerate it. I know a lot of others are still on liquids for another 2 weeks or so.

How are you going to explain to family/friends why you aren't eating? I haven't told my family yet. My family celebrates around food and I'm usually the one dancing around eating. It's going to be noticable!!!!