Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Answers are gonna be all over the place, very dependent on the individual. My meal plan recommends over 100 carbs per day as I get further in my plan and I never see myself getting to that. At least not daily.

I EAT NONE!

Ok that is not true cuz some foods just have carbs in them, But to eat at that point is insane stay so far away from high carb food its silly!

Carbs are what got me into the fatty forum and nearly killed me, I was a addict to carbs with french fries, baked potatoes, rice, batters, etc! My view is stay clear of carbs and sugar till you die! You will have no choice but to get some carbs and sugar - But run forest run -

This will be another 50 people reply on this one!

carabs.png

The advice of the NUT at my program is super simple. More Protein than carbs. They want me at about 80g protein per day right now, so less than that in carbs. I’m 3 months out and honestly have to have most of my intake be protein if I want to get in 80g because of my restriction, so most days I’m at 30g or less of carbs. Most of that is green veggies, with a few berries here and there and the occasional bite of potatoes or rice.

How many carbs do you guys eat once you are past the 6 week mark after surgery.
Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Follow your dietitians plan. My plan is five years old. Protein 60 to100g. Carbs 56g plant based.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

My NUT instructed me to comprise each of my meals to have 25% of carbs/starches

With that said, I told her I wasn't going to do that and instead aimed for less than 25g of NET carbs a day. She was not overly concerned with my chosen course of action.

2 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

I EAT NONE!

Ok that is not true cuz some foods just have carbs in them, But to eat at that point is insane stay so far away from high carb food its silly!

Carbs are what got me into the fatty forum and nearly killed me, I was a addict to carbs with french fries, baked potatoes, rice, batters, etc! My view is stay clear of carbs and sugar till you die! You will have no choice but to get some carbs and sugar - But run forest run -

This will be another 50 people reply on this one!

carabs.png

AVOID THEM LIKE THE BLACK DEATH

go with whatever your clinic recommends. Some plans are moderately low-carb (like under 80 -- or under 100), some are ultra-low carb. And even given that, some people are more carb sensitive than others. My program was definitely not ultra-low-carb, but they really never addressed carbs at all. Still, during the losing phase, I rarely ate over 80 g of them a day (I eat more than that now that I'm in maintenance).

oh - and they should be the healthy kinds of carbs (vegetables, fruit, whole grains) - not processed stuff

I haven’t counted carbs but fare better with as little carbs or sugar as is possible. For me it’s an addiction so I try to avoid what I easily get addicted. Feel it out and see how your body responds. My nutritionist says complex carbs come with maintenance. Even then I don’t think I will.

My NUT didn't give me a carb total yet at this point. I was told 60-70 grams of Protein at 1/4 - 1/2 per meal. I could do 1/4 - 1/3 protein then 1-2 tbs of cooked non fibrous veggies. I would say most of the carbs I get are from the tiny bit of veggies or the natural carbs in milk. With that said I'm going back to Almond milk and adding in greek yogurt to my shakes to lower those carbs. My personal goal is to keep my carbs low and have them come from veggies. To many carbs is what got me here to begin with.

That all being said everyone is very different and I say go with what works for you and your weight loss goals.