Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Day! and beyond: Part 2

1 hour ago, rs said:

@ms.sss remind me, which surgery stress you having and when?

Arm lift and Breast Lift/Side Boob Skin removal in 2 weeks!

Looks like we are going to be in recovery at the same time :)

(...along with @sillykitty ! )

Edited by ms.sss

Wow! Healing great girl! Look how the Fluid has drained from your arms! You are tiny! And the scar is fading nicely. Go natural. :) Don't try to shave.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

arm lift and Breast Lift/Side Boob Skin removal in 2 weeks!

Looks like we are going to be in recovery at the same time :)

(...along with @sillykitty ! )

Yep ... LBL & Breast Aug here. I'm not getting my hopes up my recovery will go as smoothly as @mousecat88!

I went in this am for another consult for an extended brachio and abdominoplasty. This surgeon uses a z incision in the armpit to help with scarring. It's the first i have heard of it but it makes sense to decrease any pulling and possible webbing. I have had 4 consults with a price range of 9-18K all in the same city. I think i am going with the second most $$ one since I feel most comfortable with the incision he is proposing and outcomes etc.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:44 PM, mousecat88 said:

anyone considering an arm lift or had one recently should buy this BRABIC Upper Arm Shaper Post Surgical Slimmer Compression Sleeves Humpback Posture Corrector Tops Shapewear for Women (Beige, S) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2TWL6F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2Wz3DbE7DE8XR

I got two separate arms that hooked in the back that were crap. This is so much better and looks like a sleek off shoulder blouse. lol. And compresses the pits.

UPDATE FYI:

Ok, I ordered these as well in size Small (one in black and one in beige).

I just got them this morning, and they are too big, even on the smallest hook setting :(.

So they are going back, and my search continues....

On 12/7/2019 at 12:31 PM, ms.sss said:

UPDATE FYI:

Ok, I ordered these as well in size Small (one in black and one in beige).

I just got them this morning, and they are too big, even on the smallest hook setting :(.

So they are going back, and my search continues....

Wow, I'm surprised. I am a 34B and they fit perfectly; are you putting your bra on under it? You're supposed to have your bra on, and then put it on - that may make it snugger. I ordered one in beige the other day so I don't have to just deal with one stanky one.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:53 PM, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I went in this am for another consult for an extended brachio and Abdominoplasty. This surgeon uses a z incision in the armpit to help with scarring. It's the first i have heard of it but it makes sense to decrease any pulling and possible webbing. I have had 4 consults with a price range of 9-18K all in the same city. I think i am going with the second most $$ one since I feel most comfortable with the incision he is proposing and outcomes etc.

Yeah, there is barely any incision in my armpit. My surgeon said the same - he tries to avoid cutting down the armpit much at all because of scarring preventing you from raising your arms.

P.S. I can shave now. lol. I'll post some updated pics later. The incisions look great. I go back on January 6th for a 6 week followup. Back at work now. booooo.

2 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

Wow, I'm surprised. I am a 34B and they fit perfectly; are you putting your bra on under it? You're supposed to have your bra on, and then put it on - that may make it snugger. I ordered one in beige the other day so I don't have to just deal with one stanky one.

Yeah, I'm a 30B (though the bra fitter said 28C would probably be better, but I have yet to find this size off-rack).

So, I tried it with a bra on underneath, it's a bit better. Then, I put on a tank top w/ shelf on underneath and its even better! Problem now is that the upper arms of this shrug is not nearly as snug as they should be, I think...I suspect its because my shoulders are too narrow for the cut and the fabric is slipping off...

I tried it on with a long sleeve top on underneath, and again its better, but I think I just need a smaller size, instead of all this MacGyver-ing.

Edited by ms.sss

Hmmmm well I would definitely recommend a similar style... just a brand with an XS.

Is it crazy I am dreaming of my thigh and butt lift already.... UGH Nov 2020 cannot come soon enough! lol.

21 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

Is it crazy I am dreaming of my thigh and butt lift already.... UGH Nov 2020 cannot come soon enough! lol.

oooohhhh....you are getting a thigh and butt lift too??!?

was a lower body lift not an option? wouldn't that address all of those in one shot?

To butt lifts! 🍾

On 12/09/2019 at 13:07, mousecat88 said:

How long was the surgery for your 2 procedures. I’ve been told 5 hours maybe a little less! Seems like a long time.

21 hours ago, ms.sss said:

oooohhhh....you are getting a thigh and butt lift too??!?

was a lower body lift not an option? wouldn't that address all of those in one shot?

My surgeon does not do abs and thighs and butt at the same time because it is a lot of stress on the body. Fun fact: the doctors on Botched don't do butt and abs at the same time either because you can either lay on your back or stomach... not both. lmao. That was Dr. Dubrow's explanation.

Unrelated - the surgical center just charged me FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for use of their facilities when my estimate was 3700$ and prepaid. LOL. I am going to go postal on someone. It took me a YEAR to fix the error they made with my gallbladder bill. Looks like I have another saga....

Edited by mousecat88