Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Day! and beyond: Part 2

Arms don't have much pain at all though.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, mousecat88 said:

Okay the fentanyl and percocet is wear off. LOL. Definitely some abdominal cramping... just difficult to get comfortable, but I also have a herniated disc. The drains get tangled... kind annoying. I have to empty them evey 8 hours and measure the output. Plastic surgeon called to check up on me and said he did a little more muscle repair than expected. Thank God for my BariBear! Actually helps!

Stay on toop of your pain. Take them on a schedule even if you feel you could skip one.

Congratulations! Thanks for posting. I'm doing arm lift in a month.

20 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

Today is the day! Leaving at 5am for a 6am arrival. Surgery scheduled at 7:30! I am the first and only patient of his of the day. I'll post frequent updates and all post-op everything here! I have my recliner bed all set up, my Percocet, Keflex, and Celebrex near the "bed". I have given the cats a stern warning about jumping on me. I've done all I can. Wish me luck!

#abdominoplasty #brachioplasty 20191119_041408.jpeg

Good luck ! My surgery is November 25

Day 2 and feeling fine. The only pain I have is my back from the herniated disc. My arms don't hurt at all and I just have slight burning along my party line incision on my abs. No muscle pain or hunching. Just uncomfortable when I cough. The drains are annoying.... I have tubes everywhere and I have to protect them from the cats and from dropping them in the toilet. lol. If my back didn't hurt so bad, this would be cake.

pantyline* LOL

Burning Questions:

1) are you not taking any pain meds?

2) did you get a traditional or extended Tummy Tuck?

3) I know you got a recliner, are you sleeping in it? do you think you would be able to pull off sleeping in your bed?

4) How high can you lift your arms comfortably? Can you brush your teeth? your hair?

5) What about going to the washroom? Can you manage the "after clean-up" for both pees and poops?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.

Girl, yay! I am so excited for you. I'm glad your pain is so well managed. I had a drain after my revision to bypass and I hated every second of it, so more power to you for dealing with four of them. Can't wait to see the end result, especially the dragon tattoo!

Yay what a great report!!! So happy you are springing back so well. But sorry your disc continues to hurt. What's the game plan for the herniated disc?

I love all of @ms.sss's questions! Can't wait to hear the answers!

Following this thread also!

I too have so many questions. And the party line/panty line mistype left me snorting out some hot tea just now.

9 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Burning Questions:

3) I know you got a recliner, are you sleeping in it? do you think you would be able to pull off sleeping in your bed?

4) How high can you lift your arms comfortably? Can you brush your teeth? your hair?

5) What about going to the washroom? Can you manage the "after clean-up" for both pees and poops?

I should have mentioned this earlier but you can buy a reacher to use so if something is on the floor or too far away to reach you can get to it without leaning over. Just make sure it is not too heavy since it will put more of a strain trying to lift something up that is far away. Using baby wipes will help any "clean up issues" easier than toilet paper. To get in and out of bed roll to your side, don't attempt to sit straight up. Go through your daily routine and purposely give yourself limited reach and see what you need to adjust before surgery (dishes on the counter not in cabinets, soap bottles lower in the shower etc).

13 minutes ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

you can buy a reacher to use so if something is on the floor or too far away to reach you can get to it

I've got 2 of these already: Mr. and the Kid 😎

LOLz...though, I do want one of those claw things anyway to reach stuff higher than the second shelf in my kitchen on a regular day. And baby wipes! Thanks for the tip!

Burning Questions:

I am not taking any pain meds EXCEPT before bed but only because of my herniated disc. Literally nothing relating directly to this surgery hurts. At all.

I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair and he pulled up my hooha region a bit in the process.

I am not using the recliner. It is not a power recliner so takes my core and arms to get out of it. Just sleeping on my sofa and in my bed.

I can lift my arms all the way up and brush my teeth and hair just fine. I can reach behind my back to rub my sore back, too. lol. Trying not to because I'm not "supposed to", but truly.... this is THE most painless procedure I've ever had.

I haven't pooped yet and I am nervous about that. But peeing is fine. I did accidentally drop a drain tube in the toilet. They are hooked onto my waistband and came off. Uuughgghhhhh.

I see the plastic surgeon tomorrow for a followup.

He said once my drains are consistently under 30mls they came come out and 3 of the 4 have been under 5ml, the other is at 25. I hope to get these suckers out soon!

Honestly if it weren't for the back pain being aggravated by the muscle repair, I would feel 100% normal.