Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date



Recommended Posts

Let's make this the official January surgery date thread. I will be having my surgery on 1/31/2020. I was certain that I was going to have the vsg, but I'm learning more and leaning towards the rouxny (rny) gastric bypass. Whatever you decide, let's get this thread started and support one another. I'm just starting it, but anyone can feel free to jump in and keep it going 💜.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to add, where I'm having my surgery and who. My pre-op requirements.

Kaiser- Dr. Um - Chief of Surgery

One day liquid diet, may change at my pre-op appt.

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I forgot to add, where I'm having my surgery and who. My pre-op requirements.

Kaiser- Dr. Um - Chief of Surgery

One day liquid diet, may change at my pre-op appt.

I had VSG at that same Kaiser in March 2018. Dr Kim was my surgeon (moved to Kaiser Harbor City), and I saw Dr Um at my one year. He was very nice. Good luck on your surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your surgery date and welcome. Due to my severe anemia, my surgeon is strongly against me getting the bypass. Vsg is the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jan. 28th but im wondering If i should Ask for A Sooner date like the end of this month Due To Deductibles and OOP resetting In jan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, BecomingAnna said:

Jan. 28th but im wondering If i should Ask for A Sooner date like the end of this month Due To Deductibles and OOP resetting In jan.

Welcome Anna, are you ready sooner than your date? If so, go for it. Either way you are in motion. I'm so excited for all of us. New decade, new beginnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my date! January 27, 2020. I was hoping to be able to do sooner, but due to work obligations, the 27th is what works. So excited/nervous. I'll be having surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC. I'm a revision from Sleeve (2011) to RNY/Bypass due to severe GERD and 70lb regain. The primary reason is the GERD, but I won't lie, I'm excited to be able to lose weight again!

I am pretty active on Instagram, if anyone else is there, we could start a January2020 hastag! My IG name is gastricbypassloser_mj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2019 at 7:16 AM, gastricbypassloser said:

Just got my date! January 27, 2020. I was hoping to be able to do sooner, but due to work obligations, the 27th is what works. So excited/nervous. I'll be having surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC. I'm a revision from Sleeve (2011) to RNY/Bypass due to severe GERD and 70lb regain. The primary reason is the GERD, but I won't lie, I'm excited to be able to lose weight again!

I am pretty active on Instagram, if anyone else is there, we could start a January2020 hastag! My IG name is gastricbypassloser_mj

Welcome to your January surgery siblings group...You will be starting our week off with surgery that Monday. I'm excited for all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2019 at 8:26 AM, nenes78 said:

I had VSG at that same Kaiser in March 2018. Dr Kim was my surgeon (moved to Kaiser Harbor City), and I saw Dr Um at my one year. He was very nice. Good luck on your surgery.

Please share your details of the Kaiser Bariatric Surgery process at that location, if you don't mind. You can message me or post here. I'm curious and would like an idea of what to expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Duke483 said:

My gastric sleeve surgery is scheduled for 20 Jan.

My pre-op appointment is scheduled for 27 Dec.

💜💜💜💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2019 at 9:55 AM, Corokel said:

Hey! I am scheduled for January 24th!

I am having my RNY surgery done at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center with Dr. Billmeier.

Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you as well and welcome aboard.💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Krestel

      New found appreciation for you all!
      So Im back in the US to take care of my aging father and it seems like more than ever that being bigger is the norm everywhere here. I cant say that Ive been the best, healthiest me at the moment, but I think you all Americans are doing GREAT to even be working towards the goal of getting healthier in face of all this temptation (even if you are a "slow loser"). So give all yourselves a pat on the back!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • zombierayvinn

      I am now 10 days post op and I am down 16lbs. I had an allergic reaction to the glue my doctor used so I am still sore and trying to keep moving to not get stiff. 
      · 1 reply
      1. Tory Myers

        Hello congratulations on your new journey I am 5 days post op and still trying to get the hang of things. I’m supposed to return back to work in a few days but still sore as well. Do you have any advice for me being 5 days post opt?

    • Tabatha529

      Hello,  I am brand new on here. 
      The doctor qualified me yesterday for the surgery, so now I have to take 12 weeks of education classes and then he said they will schedule the surgery 4-6 weeks after I complete the classes. 
      I am excited to start this new journey.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Anki

      Am at the half-way mark of the six month pre-op program.  So excited!  Got clearance from psychologist this morning, so I scheduled my surgery consult for early March.  It is becoming more real now.  Have lost 18 pounds so far, since I began this journey on 12/18/19.  
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      So months ago, the Kid thought it would be funny to create an account on here and troll me with it.  Figured out it was her a few days later, and had a laugh about it.  She's been trolling me on it ever since.
      This morning I went on to post something and realized after the fact that I posted using her account as she was on my laptop last night 🙄
      Trolling over, Kid.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×