Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

Hello all. Had my Sleeve on 01/15 or 15.01 if in the uk! Followed my pre-op diet and op went well. One night in ICU then one night in my private room, then home with a carrier bag of drugs, injections and bits. Loss went really well in the first 2 weeks, then I have stalled a little this week, but put that down to the 3 week curse, however I have been told to introduce scrambled egg, baked Beans, slightly chunkier Soup as i suffered from diarrhea for the first week out of hospital. Wounds healing well and everything else seems ok. A few pains here and there but not had any pain killers since day 5. I am struggling to get 2 litres of Water down me though, so need to work on that.

Well done everyone, big steps towards a better life for all.

Welcome on board Miles. Good luck to you in your journey. They gave me a nice double insulated cup in the hospital so I carry it everywhere to remind me to keep sipping Water constantly. I even fill it up and sit it on my nightstand so I can sip when i get up at night to go to the bathroom and first thing in the morning. Don't focus on the big goal of 2 liters, but break it down to hourly goals to meet. It makes it easier for me to get my water in daily.

2 hours ago, ccorrea said:

Still in hospital RNY was 1/28 had blood in BM and hemoglobins down to 7 from 12. Hope we don’t need a repair. Anyone else experience this

Hemoglobin @ 12 is anemic . 7 , your bleeding. Kidneys could be failing too. Sorry :(

On 01/31/2020 at 15:24, Miles in the UK said:

Hello all. Had my Sleeve on 01/15 or 15.01 if in the uk! Followed my pre-op diet and op went well. One night in ICU then one night in my private room, then home with a carrier bag of drugs, injections and bits. Loss went really well in the first 2 weeks, then I have stalled a little this week, but put that down to the 3 week curse, however I have been told to introduce scrambled egg, baked Beans, slightly chunkier Soup as i suffered from diarrhea for the first week out of hospital. Wounds healing well and everything else seems ok. A few pains here and there but not had any pain killers since day 5. I am struggling to get 2 litres of Water down me though, so need to work on that.

I had my surgery Jan 14!!! My incisions are healed. I still have my blood thinner injections. But no pills except Vitamins. Glad your doing great!!!!!

On 01/31/2020 at 17:24, Miles in the UK said:

congratulations on your first steps!! I hit the 3 weeks stall, which I now realize after watching the Dr. V videos is typical and I’m no longer stressing about it. Tbh I was kinda getting discouraged when others were saying things like they lost 27 lbs in 11 days but had my one month post op today and surgeon said I’m doing great. Down 18 pounds since surgery for a total loss of 28 pounds since pre-op diet. At any rate, I’m not over analyzing anymore. We’re all different and will lose at different rates. Losing fast is no longer my goal. Losing and keeping it off for life to stay healthy is my only goal now. 4 weeks post op and I still struggle to get in 2 liters of Water and that’s with sipping constantly. But I know I’ll get there eventually. I’d rather take it slow than keep drinking when my belly is full. Good luck on your journey!!

On 01/31/2020 at 14:46, BadWolfGirl said:

It's for all bariatric surgery. Do you ever watch Doctor v? This is a good watch if nothing else

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aZrA4fgn_eg?feature=oembed

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Omg!! Thank you for posting this link!! I’ve already watched like five of his videos and feel so much more knowledgeable and positive and much less anxious.

On 01/31/2020 at 13:22, ccorrea said:

Still in hospital RNY was 1/28 had blood in BM and hemoglobins down to 7 from 12. Hope we don’t need a repair. Anyone else experience this

O goodness. That’s very low which means like internal bleeding. Keep us updated and posted. Best wishes.

Omg!! Thank you for posting this link!! I’ve already watched like five of his videos and feel so much more knowledgeable and positive and much less anxious.
Yeah he really says it like it is

So I’m still at he hospital but no bleed in over 24 hours after stopping blood thinner. Hemoglobin is slowly rising so maybe all will be better tomorrow. Thanks everyone. It’s a little disappointing to have a set back.

6 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

It's for all bariatric surgery. Do you ever watch Doctor v? This is a good watch if nothing else

I disagree with a lot of what he says, but there are few good points. I don't see working out as a punishment, but I get an endorphin rush that boosts my energy. That said working out on 600 calories a day is not good. For me working out actually helped curb my appetite and gave me motivation to eat better. My thinking was why eat junk when I am working out to improve my health.

I disagree with a lot of what he says, but there are few good points. I don't see working out as a punishment, but I get an endorphin rush that boosts my energy. That said working out on 600 calories a day is not good. For me working out actually helped curb my appetite and gave me motivation to eat better. My thinking was why eat junk when I am working out to improve my health.
Right. I love the gym and plan to still go for my mental health (yoga, swimming, walking) but I also don't have any false notions that I'll be able to take an hour long body combat class on 600 calories a day. I think everyone is different and the idea to push push push can be counter intuitive to a healing body.

1 hour ago, ccorrea said:

So I’m still at he hospital but no bleed in over 24 hours after stopping blood thinner. Hemoglobin is slowly rising so maybe all will be better tomorrow. Thanks everyone. It’s a little disappointing to have a set back.

Minor setback . YOU GOT THIS BABY ! :)

1 minute ago, ccorrea said:

Thank you!

What is your Oxygen saturation level, Rm air , how many liters supplemental O2 ? Feel free to tell me to bug off. lol

2 hours ago, ccorrea said:

So glad to hear your hemoglobin is rising. You are on the mend!