Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

I had my first post-op visit with my Dr. today...doing swimmingly! He told me I'll be under 200 lbs next time I see him- in a MONTH. I can't believe that could be true, its incredible to me and I still can't fathom the possibility of being under 200! I can actually notice the physical weight loss today (I'm down 13 lbs since surgery). I see it in my hips and face!

Struggling, struggling with the liquid diet though. I have 10 days of that total and I will be done 1/28. I have hunger, I have cravings. Big time. But yet I don't want to "eat" (drink, heh). I'm siiiiick of the shakes, tell you what. lol. Its very weird. One of the biggest cravings I'm having is - strange enough- sauteed fajita veggies...which I won't be able to have until March. And food commercials are the devil. That is all. ;)

52 minutes ago, bandsmom74 said:

I had my first post-op visit with my Dr. today...doing swimmingly! He told me I'll be under 200 lbs next time I see him- in a MONTH. I can't believe that could be true, its incredible to me and I still can't fathom the possibility of being under 200! I can actually notice the physical weight loss today (I'm down 13 lbs since surgery). I see it in my hips and face!

Struggling, struggling with the liquid diet though. I have 10 days of that total and I will be done 1/28. I have hunger, I have cravings. Big time. But yet I don't want to "eat" (drink, heh). I'm siiiiick of the shakes, tell you what. lol. Its very weird. One of the biggest cravings I'm having is - strange enough- sauteed fajita veggies...which I won't be able to have until March. And food commercials are the devil. That is all. ;)

Woo hoo you're venturing into one-derland. I am one week into my two week liquid diet and I am tired of it as well. I have no hunger, but I see food on TV and think that I am missing out, but not for long.

Just did my weekly weigh in and one week post surgery I have lost 12 lbs!

Congratulations, that’s amazing! I’ve lost 9 lbs. keep up the great work! I’ve went from 203, day of surgery, to 194 today.

Edited by Dianerae

4 days post op and I feel really bloated still, is this normal? I’m passing gas as best I can, but I still feel like my stomach is very hard and stretched. Any thoughts would be helpful.

4 minutes ago, melmet42 said:

4 days post op and I feel really bloated still, is this normal? I’m passing gas as best I can, but I still feel like my stomach is very hard and stretched. Any thoughts would be helpful.

I had my sleeve this last Monday, the 20th, and I'm just now getting to the point where my abs are not painful when I sit up. I'm still a bit bloated but better. I gained nine pounds during the surgery which must have been Water gain from the IVs because that's all gone now. Perhaps you've just got a lot of water to pass. I was 257 the morning of the surgery. On Tuesday I was 266. This morning I was down to 256.

Hi! I had my sleeve on Monday as well, and I also still feel really bloated. Am pretty sure this is normal. It’s uncomfortable, but it will get better. Struggling with the liquid diet like a lot of you are. Weird kind of hunger stomach pains, without actually wanting to eat....this is big surgery, it’ll take some recovering from, but we’re well on our way😊

Had rny Tuesday morning. I had my first little poo today but I'm still feeling constipated. Didn't realize that could happen in a liquid diet but yep. A lot of pressure went away after the little poo so that was great. I'm still unbelievable sore where the drain is and in my shoulder. Belly incisions not that bad. I think I'd feel pretty much alright if it wasn't for the dang jp drain. I haven't been able to get all my Protein in but honestly I'm still just working on walking every hour which is getting better.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

On 01/24/2020 at 14:27, melmet42 said:

Yea sweetie walking. Some of the air that they fill our abdominal cavity with will work it’s way to our intestines to be passed but most of has to just absorb into our body. They fill our cavity with air not out intestines. So passing gas may not help much. (Even though my NP jokingly says she lets patients believe gas x works as long as it “helps” them she is fine with it) it took me a while to really start feeling normal again I would say day 5 or 6 was my second curve I turned. This was my first surgery idk if it’s yours? The hardness you may be feeling a healing bridge. Just ur body protecting your new baby stomach. :) our bodies are so amazing. So listen to what it says. Keep up on ur pain meds. Or Tylenol and rest as much as you can. Let your body heal. How is your Water intake and Protein coming along?

I am so excited to hear from our end of the month surgeries and our little group all moves to post op!!!
How Is everyone doing on the pre op diets? Keep us updated!!!!!

I am so excited to hear from our end of the month surgeries and our little group all moves to post op!!!
How Is everyone doing on the pre op diets? Keep us updated!!!!!
Luckily I'm one of the few who has a surgeon who thinks the liquid pre-op diet is archaic so I've been following low carb low fat no sugar or booze. Today was the first day I had energy and of course that goes away on Monday after surgery haha!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 01/24/2020 at 17:13, BadWolfGirl said:

Luckily I'm one of the few who has a surgeon who thinks the liquid pre-op diet is archaic so I've been following low carb low fat no sugar or booze. Today was the first day I had energy and of course that goes away on Monday after surgery haha!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Awesome!!!! Yea my surgeon is not a big liquid dieter either lol I had to do 48 hours to flush everything out. And then if course nothing 6 hours before surgery. Yayyy surgery Monday!!! That’s so close!!!