Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

How much Protein are you getting? Make sure you are getting recommended grams of Protein. I had energy ups & downs during my 1 week liquid diets. Just hang in there.
At least 80 g. I'm on two drinks a day plus I'm allowed to eat low fat high protein food. I've had eggs and chicken so far today. Just feel so blah

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

I've been pre-op for a week and I've had a headache and general malaise the last four days and I'm not even on a strict liquid diet! I'm sure it's from lowered carbs and whatnot (I quit caffeine months ago) but I'm so used to reaching for ibuprofen and instead I just suffer. Tylenol doesn't work for crap for me. Trying to extra hydrate and even had a small cup of coffee today to try and break it but nothing.

Magic cures?

I've been having headaches too, and same with the Tylenol vs. Ibuprofen. Definitely trying to hydrate too. Hope you (we haha) feel better soon.

So here's a weird one. I didn't know that the Protein Powder curdles and gets gross. Anyone have any tips on mixing? Don't have a blender and was hoping to avoid getting one. Ha.

I've been having headaches too, and same with the Tylenol vs. Ibuprofen. Definitely trying to hydrate too. Hope you (we haha) feel better soon.

So here's a weird one. I didn't know that the Protein Powder curdles and gets gross. Anyone have any tips on mixing? Don't have a blender and was hoping to avoid getting one. Ha.
I always get my kettle going and use a little boiling Water to dissolve the powder fully. Then add my cold water.

Hope you feel better soon ! Trying to keep busy with prepping Soups and meals for the months ahead

I've been pre-op for a week and I've had a headache and general malaise the last four days and I'm not even on a strict liquid diet! I'm sure it's from lowered carbs and whatnot (I quit caffeine months ago) but I'm so used to reaching for ibuprofen and instead I just suffer. Tylenol doesn't work for crap for me. Trying to extra hydrate and even had a small cup of coffee today to try and break it but nothing.

Magic cures?

A hot shower and a nap... also lots and lots of Water. Hope you feel better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

5 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

I always get my kettle going and use a little boiling Water to dissolve the powder fully. Then add my cold Water.< br />

Thanks for the tip! :)

Does dumping syndrome happen with the sleeve? So I had low blood sugar and was feeling light headed. My on call nurse recommended I drink something with sugar. I had my husband get me a mini strawberry slush from Sonic with only half the sweetening Syrup they use. I thought the ice chips and sweet would be great together. 2 sip sips in my stomach gurgled and now I can’t leave the porcelain throne :/

1 hour ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Me too! (RNY though)

Yay!

Me too!! Rny as well.

What kind of meals are you people preparing and freezing in advance? I need ideas. Not that it matters, I'm getting the sleeve.

What kind of meals are you people preparing and freezing in advance? I need ideas. Not that it matters, I'm getting the sleeve.

We made a ton of homemade broths so I made a lot of Soups - some just broth and flavors and some pureed and some with veggies - basically some for each stage of post op.

Also anything I've been making for dinner lately, I've been putting some in small containers and labeling it for what week I can have it. Figure each container will get me through 1-3 meals. So far I've stocked away chicken and broccoli bake, carnita cauliflower rice bowls, teriyaki salmon burgers with grilled pineapple, spinach and feta crustless quiches.

22 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

We made a ton of homemade broths so I made a lot of Soups - some just broth and flavors and some pureed and some with veggies - basically some for each stage of post op.

Also anything I've been making for dinner lately, I've been putting some in small containers and labeling it for what week I can have it. Figure each container will get me through 1-3 meals. So far I've stocked away chicken and broccoli bake, carnita cauliflower rice bowls, teriyaki salmon burgers with grilled pineapple, spinach and feta crustless quiches.

Yummmmmmm...... I'm slacking in this area, I thought I'd have a freezer full of meals by now. This weekend coming up, I'll whip up a few things and label them. You are knocking it out of the ball park, great job. Thank you for sharing.

Yummmmmmm...... I'm slacking in this area, I thought I'd have a freezer full of meals by now. This weekend coming up, I'll whip up a few things and label them. You are knocking it out of the ball park, great job. Thank you for sharing.
There is a bariatric recipe group on Facebook but so much of them are "keto" which isn't healthy for me personally (I can't do high fat, I don't handle it well). I do intend to remain low carb so some posts and recipe ideas are helpful.

On 01/19/2020 at 17:43, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I made the Shelly ricotta bake it is delicious. I also made ham and egg cups. And broths.
Idk what you mean not that it matters your getting the sleeve? Sorry kind of light headed lol :)