Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

1 hour ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

On a serious note: sugar free Popsicles count as 2 oz. of Water for our daily goals.

1 popsicle = 2 ozs. of Water

Hydration is key

Not all sugar free pops are created equal. The tropical kind left me disappointed but good ole cherry, grape, and orange have been my saving grace.

This is the most random of random posts but this morning I was updating my profile and I saw my Audrey Hepburn quote.....

NEW GOAL- Me. As Audrey Hepburn. Halloween 2020. Can. Not. Wait. I would have never done that at 275#. Giving me something to look forward to instead of dreading this surgery.

You may now return to your regular posts. 🤪

On 01/18/2020 at 08:36, TattooedSeaStar said:

This is the most random of random posts but this morning I was updating my profile and I saw my Audrey Hepburn quote.....

NEW GOAL- Me. As Audrey Hepburn. Halloween 2020. Can. Not. Wait. I would have never done that at 275#. Giving me something to look forward to instead of dreading this surgery.

You may now return to your regular posts. 🤪

I was thinking this morning too about something to look forward to instead of dreading the surgery and mine is to be able to sit on an airplane and be comfortable in my seat. Not have the seatbelt to tight or the armrest pressing into my sides. I’m going to Europe with my daughter April 1st for her senior trip and that is a long flight to be uncomfortable. I can’t wait!

I was thinking this morning too about something to look forward to instead of dreading the surgery and mine is to be able to sit on an airplane and be comfortable in my seat. Not have the seatbelt to tight or the armrest pressing into my sides. I’m going to Europe with my daughter April 1st for her senior trip and that is a long flight to be uncomfortable. I can’t wait!
I'm going to France in May and can't wait to be more comfortable on long flights!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You may now return to your regular posts.
Grrrrl you better send pics ! That's an amazing goal!

I am set to have the sleeve done on January 16th! I’m having it in Bismarck, ND (4 hour drive for me) by Dr. Brandon Helbling.

I’m starting my pre-op diet on 1/1/2020 which consists of very low carb and low calories. Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch, and 4-6oz of lean meat and 1 cup of low carb veggies for supper. The day before surgery is all Clear Liquids.

I’m looking forward to this day and wish it was closer!
Hi! I'm a fellow sleever (albeit in the UK) and also had my surgery on 16th January! I hope you are feeling well :) xx

Sent from my SM-G960F using BariatricPal mobile app

Is anyone else concerned about negativity from family and friends? I'm having my surgery during a family vacation at a resort in MX and only a few family members know my plans. I'm choosing not to tell most people because I don't think I can deal with negativity and a million questions. I've done my research, and I'm comfortable with my decision. (okay, a little nervous)

One family member is actually traveling there with me and my husband. He and his wife are both hypochondriacs, and when he finds out about the surgery, he is going to completely freak out and try to talk me out of it. I love him dearly, but I'm not going to tell him until the last minute because I don't want to give him time to Google a bunch of scary stuff to text me. I will have to tell him before I leave the resort for surgery because he'll wonder where I am. Having surgery when I have lots of support sounded like a great idea, but now I'm realizing there a few people who are going to be negative and I'll have to deal with them too.

Edited by rene50

3 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Grrrrl you better send pics ! That's an amazing goal!

You know I will!! If you don’t take pics it didn’t happen!!

Is anyone else concerned about negativity from family and friends? I'm having my surgery during a family vacation at a resort in MX and only a few family members know my plans. I'm choosing not to tell most people because I don't think I can deal with negativity and a million questions. I've done my research, and I'm comfortable with my decision. (okay, a little nervous)
One family member is actually traveling there with me and my husband. He and his wife are both hypochondriacs, and when he finds out about the surgery, he is going to completely freak out and try to talk me out of it. I love him dearly, but I'm not going to tell him until the last minute because I don't want to give him time to Google a bunch of scary stuff to text me. I will have to tell him before I leave the resort for surgery because he'll wonder where I am. Having surgery when I have lots of support sounded like a great idea, but now I'm realizing there a few people who are going to be negative and I'll have to deal with them too.
Ugh that's hard! Just be firm and say it's your body, your health, and you made the decision.

I have told my friends and family (mostly so they understand why the whisky girl isn't drinking or cooking for everyone or hosting dinners) and though I am overweight and looking forward to not being so, my motivation was mostly health related as I have severe GERD, Barrets esophagus, and shitty esophageal stalsis. So it was either this or die young from esophageal cancer or one of the hundreds of other things that can be prevented by losing weight. Obesity is a health risk WITHOUT comorbidities and you are making the best choice you can to live a long healthy life. The very very minimal risk outweighs the alternative in my opinion.

I had to have a required therapist appointment and she gave me a way to spin things when someone said something I didn't agree with, whether positive (dude I look good now, so hush with your societal ideals on my weight bearing on my looks) or negative (people judging, offering their opinions).

She said to say this:

"Thank you for the concern/compliment. I have had some health issues for a while now and had a medical procedure to help me get better. And one of the outcomes/side effects is weight loss. "

This way, you take back who YOU are. You are not your weight. You are a person trying to be healthy. Surgery is a tool. Not who you are.

And if they don't like that, there's always the middle finger. Lol

Good luck, you got this!

52 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Ugh that's hard! Just be firm and say it's your body, your health, and you made the decision.

I have told my friends and family (mostly so they understand why the whisky girl isn't drinking or cooking for everyone or hosting dinners) and though I am overweight and looking forward to not being so, my motivation was mostly health related as I have severe GERD, Barrets esophagus, and shitty esophageal stalsis. So it was either this or die young from esophageal cancer or one of the hundreds of other things that can be prevented by losing weight. Obesity is a health risk WITHOUT comorbidities and you are making the best choice you can to live a long healthy life. The very very minimal risk outweighs the alternative in my opinion.

I had to have a required therapist appointment and she gave me a way to spin things when someone said something I didn't agree with, whether positive (dude I look good now, so hush with your societal ideals on my weight bearing on my looks) or negative (people judging, offering their opinions).

She said to say this:

"Thank you for the concern/compliment. I have had some health issues for a while now and had a medical procedure to help me get better. And one of the outcomes/side effects is weight loss. "

This way, you take back who YOU are. You are not your weight. You are a person trying to be healthy. Surgery is a tool. Not who you are.

Good luck, you got this!

I love this.

1 hour ago, BadWolfGirl said:

She said to say this:

Good luck, you got this!

Love your therapist's advice! Although, I really don't have any health issues. I'm a healthy, fat girl! LOL! I guess, my borderline high cholesterol would qualify, and I do have some knee pain at times.

Edited by rene50
addition

1 hour ago, rene50 said:

Waiting til the last minute to inform him sounds like the best course of action. Inform him by text of your procedure, that you're about to enter the operating room, and that you're turning your phone off.

8 minutes ago, rene50 said:

Love your therapist's advice! Although, I really don't have any health issues. I'm a healthy, fat girl! LOL! I guess, my borderline high cholesterol would qualify, and I do have some knee pain at times.

The beauty in this is that you don't owe anyone an explanation. Therefore if you do or don't have any preexisting health conditions isn't dialogue that you should have to go into with anyone. This type of badgering will definitely get you thar middle finger BadWolfGirl mentioned. You should be free to take a sabbatical during your trip and go have your surgery in peace, the only person who needs to know are the ones who've been entrusted with your care. I'm very clear about my boundaries being respected and my energy not being violated with negativity or unsolicited advice. Rene50 stay your course and follow your heart...💜

Rene50, as long as your husband is in FULL SUPPORT of your plan, what else do you need. Bonnie and Clyde...

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies