Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

Furthermore, since the success/failure records are pretty much the same, it should be apparent that the actual pre-op diet chosen isn't all that important. They all work, even the one with the glass of wine the night before surgery.

And, yes, I realize the surgeon only desires the best for his patients. I wish there was more research to support this or that diet.

Edited by Duke483

Furthermore, since the success/failure records are pretty much the same, it should be apparent that the actual pre-op diet chosen isn't all that important. They all work, even the one with the glass of wine the night before surgery.
And, yes, I realize the surgeon only desires the best for his patients. I wish there was more research to support this or that diet.

Agreed!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, melmet42 said:

I am scheduled for Tuesday also! I am the same, waiting on a call for the time to be there. Good luck with everything, hopefully we'll both be posting great things shortly after :)

Like the both of you my surgery is Tuesday! I'm the first one of the day, so I gotta wake up at 4:30 for my last pre-surgery ensure, then I'm at the hospital at 6am. I can't believe that it's only 4 days away. Seems very surreal to me actually. I think the hardest part for me will be not being able to drink/eat at the same time as I ALWAYS drink a lot when I'm eating. I'm also a super fast eater so that will be something to get used to. Taking 20 mins to eat 2 oz of food? Weird. But I'm looking forward to it. I love love love food, but I've been fat all my life and I think being able to finally do things that I've never been able to do .... well I will love that even more. :) Best of luck to you both on Tuesday as well!

Good luck to all the surgeries coming up this week!!!! Keep us updated!!!!

On 01/17/2020 at 19:01, jubug09 said:

Like the both of you my surgery is Tuesday! I'm the first one of the day, so I gotta wake up at 4:30 for my last pre-surgery ensure, then I'm at the hospital at 6am. I can't believe that it's only 4 days away. Seems very surreal to me actually. I think the hardest part for me will be not being able to drink/eat at the same time as I ALWAYS drink a lot when I'm eating. I'm also a super fast eater so that will be something to get used to. Taking 20 mins to eat 2 oz of food? Weird. But I'm looking forward to it. I love love love food, but I've been fat all my life and I think being able to finally do things that I've never been able to do .... well I will love that even more. :) Best of luck to you both on Tuesday as well!

That sounds awful to have to wake up that early. I won’t find out my surgery time until Monday, I hope it’s not too early. I am trying to prepare myself the best I can, but you’re right it seems surreal right now. Good luck on Tuesday! Can’t wait to hear how you are doing.

I'm on my 10 day count down! I'm nervous, and excited at the same time.

Everyone sharing their surgery experiences is so helpful; thank you! It sounds like everyone in the January bunch is doing well!😘

I went to the long awaited pre-op appointment today at Kaiser. I was there for 3.5 hours and I will have to go back on Monday to complete the disability papers.

Appointment recap:

I was weighed , 251.4 , BP 118/78 pulse 77. I was given a folder with the documents detailing my pre and post op dietary guidelines. 1 day liquid diet prior to surgery ( I put myself on the liquid diet to get the excess weight off gained from meds and etc.,I did it!!!) , 3 days Clear Liquids immediately post op, 14 days full liquid diet and I have to get my folder to properly explain the rest. I just remembered that 2/15/20 is my last day of the full liquid diet. I will go into the food more on another post. We went into Vitamins and pain management, hydration, walking, Miralax and prilosec. My hospital is providing an abdominal binder, which I thought was nice and saved me a few $$$. Went to give the lab an offering of my blood per usual , swung by admissions, spoke with the dietitian, the surgeon, I was asked to wear a light nail polish color if were to keep my nails, I was advised to wear something loose to the hospital and most people wear the same outfit home and choose slippers. Ohhhh, a hard one for me no chapstick!!!! I check in at 8:15 AM & surgery is at 10:19 AM on 1/31/20, with checkout being the next day on 2/1/20. I will have a private room and someone can stay there with me if I would like.

12 hours ago, Duke483 said:

My doc scared the bajesus out of me- he cancelled a surgery because the liver hadn’t shrunk enough (or he said he did).

This two wheel liquid diet is for the birds. Almost halfway though!

5 hours ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I went to the long awaited pre-op appointment today at Kaiser. I was there for 3.5 hours and I will have to go back on Monday to complete the disability papers.

Appointment recap:

I was weighed , 251.4 , BP 118/78 pulse 77. I was given a folder with the documents detailing my pre and post op dietary guidelines. 1 day liquid diet prior to surgery ( I put myself on the liquid diet to get the excess weight off gained from meds and etc.,I did it!!!) , 3 days Clear Liquids immediately post op, 14 days full liquid diet and I have to get my folder to properly explain the rest. I just remembered that 2/15/20 is my last day of the full liquid diet. I will go into the food more on another post. We went into Vitamins and pain management, hydration, walking, Miralax and prilosec. My hospital is providing an Abdominal binder, which I thought was nice and saved me a few $$$. Went to give the lab an offering of my blood per usual , swung by admissions, spoke with the dietitian, the surgeon, I was asked to wear a light nail polish color if were to keep my nails, I was advised to wear something loose to the hospital and most people wear the same outfit home and choose slippers. Ohhhh, a hard one for me no chapstick!!!! I check in at 8:15 AM & surgery is at 10:19 AM on 1/31/20, with checkout being the next day on 2/1/20. I will have a private room and someone can stay there with me if I would like.

I had my preop yesterday as well. I had to have an ekg and as the lady hooked me up my stomach gurgled. I giggled and the nurse told me it happens all the time. Hahaha

29 minutes ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

I had my preop yesterday as well. I had to have an ekg and as the lady hooked me up my stomach gurgled. I giggled and the nurse told me it happens all the time. Hahaha

I was waiting for you to post, how'd it go? I was there forever as you saw, but productive. This is really happening and you before me. You'll be home before I become a banana, lol. No, seriously I'm proud of this entire January class of 2020, you guys are AMAZING PEOPLE!!!!

9 minutes ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I was waiting for you to post, how'd it go? I was there forever as you saw, but productive. This is really happening and you before me. You'll be home before I become a banana, lol. No, seriously I'm proud of this entire January class of 2020, you guys are AMAZING PEOPLE!!!!

I’ve been trying to keep busy so that I’m not aware of my hunger. One saving grace for me was that I did Keto diet since Jan 2 (had to have my pork, greens, and cornbread on the 1st- I am from Georgia afterall!!) Anywho- Keto makes you less hungry. Unfortunately only consuming 900 calories a day counteracts that. Hahaha

Overall it was a good visit- but I have two questions so I’m calling Monday. Am I supposed to keep the hospital band they gave me on and the paperwork from the surgeon says I’m supposed to bring a breathing thing they were to give me but I didn’t get one.... questions only for the hospital!!

I’ll be around tho- you know I can’t stay away!! Just know when I’m on here I’m prob stuffing my face with either sugar free Jello or sugar free popsicles. Hahaha

Jello & popsicles the new favorite food group, I'm going to pick up a couple packs to keep my inventory well stocked.

On a serious note: sugar free Popsicles count as 2 oz. of Water for our daily goals.

1 popsicle = 2 ozs. of water

Hydration is key