Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

On 01/16/2020 at 01:48, Krimsonbutterflies said:

First, welcome home and congratulations. Are you able to hold your baby now, at least with the assistance of a pillow over your stomach? What was the admittance to the hospital like up until surgery?

Yes when I got home and more relaxed I can hold baby. I’m so relieved.
So admittance went by so fast and I actually waited from 1:30-6pm.
They took me back to pre op private room. They asked my family to stay out until they got everything started IV,pee test, started IV fluids, signed some paperwork, put the decompression leg things that blow up and release. Then my family came in. And waited with me. We watched tv laughed etc. closer to surgery time my surgeon Dr Snyder came in and made sure I was feeling ok. I was so nervous and he reassured me multiple times. Then his assistant came in Calvillo. They work great together. He said Snyder told him I was nervous and they would take great care of me. There anesthesiologist are in and asked me sign multiple forms and made sure I didn’t want the surgery all natural( his way of joking it made me laugh) he explained each and every thing. He said he would give me my cocktail in the way to the OR and then once in the OR I wouldn’t remember anything after that. I remember getting the cocktail and saying it didn’t work. Then the next thing I remember is him putting oxygen on me. Then I woke up in my private room with family. I don’t recall recovery at all.

It has Biotin vit B12 etc. it has helped me feel a lot better.

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

4 minutes ago, sarahSingh91 said:

I didn’t want the surgery all natural( his way of joking it made me laugh) he explained each and every thing. He said he would give me my cocktail in the way to the OR and then once in the OR I wouldn’t remember anything after that. I remember getting the cocktail and saying it didn’t work. Then the next thing I remember is him putting oxygen on me. Then I woke up in my private room with family. I don’t recall recovery at all.

Are you sure you didn't want it all natural, lol!!!! That would've taken my edge off and made laugh. Glad to hear you had a great team...

Hi everyone, just wanted to Pop in and give an update. I was sleeved yesterday around noon EST so still under 24 hours post op.

Everything went wonderfully, I was on Clear Liquids just a few hours after, tolerating well. Pain is honestly petty minimal for me, I’d have to say a 4 on a scale of 10 is the worst I’ve felt. I had my last pain meds at midnight and since my pain is even more minimal now (1-2) . I have a lot of pressure in my abdomen but In weird spots. Lower right and at my sternum. Incision areas aren’t painful. Been walking walking to move the gas through ( quite successfully) haha!

Best wishes to those still go on their surgery’s and a quick and speedy recovery to those who are on the other side! 🙂

Edited by bandsmom74

I have been using this for broth. It has 12 grams of collagen Protein per serving and the same amount of sodium as low sodium chicken broth from the grocery store which my doctor recommended.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013XT7ZNE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That looks awesome thanks for the link!!

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery went well yesterday. A little nausea when I woke up in recovery but other than that I can’t complain. Finally got some liquids in today. I was discharged a little while ago and now I’m home recovering. Good luck to anyone who’s surgery is coming up you got this! and congratulations to anyone who’s already had it!

41 minutes ago, journeyytovsg said:

Surgery went well yesterday. A little nausea when I woke up in recovery but other than that I can’t complain. Finally got some liquids in today. I was discharged a little while ago and now I’m home recovering. Good luck to anyone who’s surgery is coming up you got this! and congratulations to anyone who’s already had it!

Did you have any vomiting with the nausea? How is your pain?

I didn’t end up throwing up thankfully. They gave me medication for the nausea that helped a lot. I don’t have a lot of pain. Just a bit of pressure. I would say pain is maybe a 3-10

3 minutes ago, journeyytovsg said:

I didn’t end up throwing up thankfully. They gave me medication for the nausea that helped a lot. I don’t have a lot of pain. Just a bit of pressure. I would say pain is maybe a 3-10

That's great! Good luck on your road to recovery!

I’m set for 1/28/2020 and while I’m super ready I’m very nervous. I’m scheduled for bypass and I’m super nervous. The real struggle is this Pre-Op diet but day three and I’m doing it. Hope everyone is having much success with their upcoming procedures.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:08 PM, DebDown said:

Take this with a grain of salt because I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but it hasn’t been bad for me at all. My IV hurt more than anything. It was uncomfortable the first couple of days, but I can’t say I’ve been in pain. I did ask for a dose of pain pills before the ride home because the interstates here are rough and under construction. Just a precaution. I hope yours goes as smoothly!

I'm so glad you are doing so well! Your experience sounds like the half dozen people I know you have had gastric sleeve surgery.

3 hours ago, journeyytovsg said:

Great news! I hope your recovery goes smoothy.😀Please keep us updated!

10 hours ago, bandsmom74 said:

Hi everyone, just wanted to Pop in and give an update. I was sleeved yesterday around noon EST so still under 24 hours post op.

Everything went wonderfully, I was on clear liquids just a few hours after, tolerating well. Pain is honestly petty minimal for me, I’d have to say a 4 on a scale of 10 is the worst I’ve felt. I had my last pain meds at midnight and since my pain is even more minimal now (1-2) . I have a lot of pressure in my abdomen but In weird spots. Lower right and at my sternum. Incision areas aren’t painful. Been walking walking to move the gas through ( quite successfully) haha!

Best wishes to those still go on their surgery’s and a quick and speedy recovery to those who are on the other side! 🙂

I'm glad you are are doing well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Thanks so much for sharing your experience.