Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

I am so excited/nervous that I finally have a date! January 21st! It will be at Beaumont Grosse Pointe, MI with Dr. Hawasli and I will be having the VSG performed. Good luck to all my other January surgery buddies :)

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for a while, this is my first post. I’m from Ireland but will be traveling to Brussels for a revision from Band to mini gastric bypass on 14th Jan. I’m a few days into my pre-op diet which is just a low fat / no alcohol diet for 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone changing their life in January x

I literally just found out a couple of hours ago that I am scheduled for Jan. 15th! I'm so excited (and freaked out!). Best of luck to all the January folks! :)

Yayy hospital just called to pre register for my pre op and my surgery 😃
Pre op date Jan 8
Surgery date Jan 14
Clear liquid diet 48 hours before surgery.
Nothing 8 hours before surgery.
No pre surgery diet other than the 48 hours.

9 hours ago, gastricbypassloser said:

Looks like there are a few of us on 1/27! Im glad to have others to follow this journey on! I find it so interesting how different all of our pre-op requirements are. Here is mine, it starts 2 weeks before surgery:

Breakfast: Protein Shake

Snack: 1 Cup of fruit

Lunch: Protein shake

Snack: Protein Shake or 6 oz nonfat Greek Yogurt (can add Protein Powder if needed for hunger)

Dinner: 3-6 oz lean Protein with either 1 cup steamed veggies or 2 cups salad with 2 Tbsp light dressing

Snack: Protein shake (if needed)

64 oz of Water a day

On 01/03/2020 at 17:51, Ready2slimdown said:

Sarahsingh91 we are surgery twins! I am also scheduled on 1/14!! 24 hour liquid diet, nothing after midnight for the surgery.

Omg we totally need to keep in touch and share stats 😍

21 hours ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

Twins!! Those are my dates as well!

Hi there, surgery twins! I am so thrilled to know 2 more people having surgery on the 27th. Your pre-op diet is very similar to mine. A friend who had surgery in Tijuana said I should double check because she and everyone she knows has been required to do a liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery. I did double check just to make her happy and get off my butt! Ha, ha!

9 hours ago, gastricbypassloser said:

Looks like there are a few of us on 1/27! Im glad to have others to follow this journey on! I find it so interesting how different all of our pre-op requirements are. Here is mine, it starts 2 weeks before surgery:

Breakfast: Protein Shake

Snack: 1 Cup of fruit

Lunch: Protein shake

Snack: Protein Shake or 6 oz nonfat Greek Yogurt (can add Protein Powder if needed for hunger)

Dinner: 3-6 oz lean Protein with either 1 cup steamed veggies or 2 cups salad with 2 Tbsp light dressing

Snack: Protein shake (if needed)

64 oz of Water a day

I can't sleep at all this past week, since January 1st, due to the anticipation and excitement, research, running to the bathroom all night from all of the liquids, What's everyone doing until surgery date to stay occupied?

Katman VSG in Houston,TX.
I have just had my Sleeve Surgery on 12/31/19. Almost 5 days later, I’m still in a lot of pain. It might be from a hernia that was repaired during the surgery, I don’t know. I have been walking to remove gas but hardly any success with that. Hurts worse trying to get up or sit down. I have no appetite at all. I lost 32# before surgery. 343# at surgery. I’m starting to have doubts, I shouldn’t have done this. Good luck on you’re surgery!

42 minutes ago, Jkm2019 said:

Katman VSG in Houston,TX.
I have just had my Sleeve Surgery on 12/31/19. Almost 5 days later, I’m still in a lot of pain. It might be from a hernia that was repaired during the surgery, I don’t know. I have been walking to remove gas but hardly any success with that. Hurts worse trying to get up or sit down. I have no appetite at all. I lost 32# before surgery. 343# at surgery. I’m starting to have doubts, I shouldn’t have done this. Good luck on you’re surgery!

Read through the post on this site, especially those who are or were early out in their surgery. I've heard the regret passes as the benefits out weighs the regrets. This site has been beneficial for helping the mind, which aids the body in healing. I hope it gets better for you, hang in there. You can only go up from here, the people on this site are here to help you, express what you are feeling.

January 6. VSG. I’m experiencing terrible pre-surgery anxiety. Any advice on how to handle these jitters?

5 minutes ago, Silvernova said:

January 6. VSG. I’m experiencing terrible pre-surgery anxiety. Any advice on how to handle these jitters?

I am too. Doing my best to stay busy and distracted. Went and walked around the mall in Vegas yesterday, walked a mile and just did window shopping. Been playing video games and trying to do anything to distract. Been looking up bariatric recipes and stuff to try to get in the mindset of "in four-six weeks, I can eat this kind of stuff" to give me something to look forward to.

So whatever normally can distract you... I know it isn't much right now to combat the jitters, but just know you can do this. It will be a good chance for you. It will help. You've got this. ❤️

On 12/28/2019 at 7:32 AM, Chlolee7 said:

Hello everyone! I’m new here and my surgery date is scheduled for Jan 6, I’m having the sleeve. I’m very nervous but excited! I worry about how much pain I will be in and how long I will be in pain. I’m having surgery at St.Charles hospital with Dr. Chipman (LongIsland NY)

Yay. You are my surgery twin. I’m having the sleeve on the 6th too!