Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

21 minutes ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Have you been able to sleep?

I have been, but tonight, I'm wired lol. I'm going to do my best to get as much sleep as possible. I want to be rested and feel well.

Good luck to all my January-friends! So excited!

32 minutes ago, Sammi_Katt said:

I have been, but tonight, I'm wired lol. I'm going to do my best to get as much sleep as possible. I want to be rested and feel well.

Good luck to all my January-friends! So excited!

I'm tired, but I've been anxious all day thinking about surgery this month. I was wondering if I could move my date from the 31st? I'm fine, no need to change it. I'm just reading everyone's comments and I'm excited to get this going. Relax and breathe....

3 minutes ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I'm tired, but I've been anxious all day thinking about surgery this month. I was wondering if I could move my date from the 31st? I'm fine, no need to change it. I'm just reading everyone's comments and I'm excited to get this going. Relax and breathe....

Deep breaths. Take photos of yourself to look back on when you're successful, and bring a journal so you can freak out in there and keep going. Anxiety is not fun to deal with, but you've got this.

Just had my pre-op clearance appointment with my surgeons nurse practitioner and everything is set for my surgery on January 16th. Nothing to do now but wait.

I just looked at my countdown app and it's ELEVEN Days (1/13) until I start my pre-op liquid diet and 25 days (1/27) until surgery! I feel like it's so close but also so far away! I still have one more pre-op appointment and set of lab work to be done.

I feel like I'm well prepared. I have multiple types of Proteins on hand, both premade and powdered, Vitamins have been received, boxes of Jello, lots of Bone Broth, got a new robe for the hospital. I have a basket set aside for things for my hospital bag and items for when I get home post-op. Im an over planner by nature and I keep feeling like there is more I should be doing!

How is everyone else doing?

1 hour ago, gastricbypassloser said:

I just looked at my countdown app and it's ELEVEN Days (1/13) until I start my pre-op liquid diet and 25 days (1/27) until surgery! I feel like it's so close but also so far away! I still have one more pre-op appointment and set of lab work to be done.

I feel like I'm well prepared. I have multiple types of Proteins on hand, both premade and powdered, Vitamins have been received, boxes of Jello, lots of Bone Broth, got a new robe for the hospital. I have a basket set aside for things for my hospital bag and items for when I get home post-op. Im an over planner by nature and I keep feeling like there is more I should be doing!

Nothing wrong with being over prepared. I'm making a list and checking it twice, lol. My Bariatric Dr. called me to follow up with in regards to the last 10 pounds I need to lose and prescribed something to help me due to the deranged hormone imbalances that plague me. I was so nervous about my surgery being canceled, but I'm honestly doing right and eating right. I was reassured that I will have my surgery, just stay the course and it will be here soon. I started this journey in September 2018, I'm so excited for all of you and myself. I never saw this in my life or even knew this was needed, the closer the 31st gets the more emotional I'm becoming (in a good way). I still have supplies to purchase and cleaning to keep me occupied. I need a surgery journal, lol but seriously.

Hi, my very first post here! 😘I hope to be a regular. My gastric sleeve surgery is scheduled for January 27th in Puerto Vallarta with Dr. Francisco Hidalgo. I'm so excited and ready for my life to change! 😀

So I survived day two of my liquid diet. 2 down, 5 to go. I have to say that it isn’t as bad as I was expecting. I guess it’s all the Protein, but I haven’t been hungry really.
Got my labs back today from the surgeon, all looked great!

9 minutes ago, DebDown said:

So I survived day two of my liquid diet. 2 down, 5 to go. I have to say that it isn’t as bad as I was expecting. I guess it’s all the Protein, but I haven’t been hungry really.
Got my labs back today from the surgeon, all looked great!

That's cool that you only have to do a week. Keep it up! The first four days are the hardest by far, so if you're getting through those, you'll breeze through the rest.

Good luck!

On 12/31/2019 at 12:25 PM, DebDown said:

I’ve bought several broths, sugar free Jello and popsicles, a variety of Soups, and several different shakes to try to get me through the next week. I’ll let you know what I find best and what I find gross!
my surgery is next Wednesday, Jan 8. Pre op diet starts tomorrow, Jan 1!
As far as the testing yesterday, my surgeon took bloodwork to check kidney function and they took my vitals. The hospital also had me do pre admitting testing, and that was vitals again and an EKG. She said they EKG is for anesthesia reasons since I have high BP.

How is the liquids phase going?

7 hours ago, gastricbypassloser said:

Twins!! Those are my dates as well!

1 hour ago, rene50 said:

Hi, my very first post here! 😘I hope to be a regular. My gastric sleeve surgery is scheduled for January 27th in Puerto Vallarta with Dr. Francisco Hidalgo. I'm so excited and ready for my life to change! 😀

Surgery Twin!

11 hours ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

Surgery Twin!

Looks like there are a few of us on 1/27! Im glad to have others to follow this journey on! I find it so interesting how different all of our pre-op requirements are. Here is mine, it starts 2 weeks before surgery:

Breakfast: Protein Shake

Snack: 1 Cup of fruit

Lunch: Protein shake

Snack: Protein Shake or 6 oz nonfat Greek Yogurt (can add Protein Powder if needed for hunger)

Dinner: 3-6 oz lean protein with either 1 cup steamed veggies or 2 cups salad with 2 Tbsp light dressing

Snack: Protein Shake (if needed)

64 oz of Water a day